[VR-Zone] NVidia GTX-590 *FINAL* Specs Revealed!

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Well, here are the final specs of the NVidia GTX-590 according to VR-Zone:

Source

Cliff's Notes:

Codename D13U-50 GF110/P1020
CUDA Cores 1024
Graphics Clock 612MHz
Processor Clock 1224MHz
Memory Clock 3420MHz
Memory Interface Width 2 x 384-bit
Memory Config 3GB GDDR5
Power Connectors Dual 8-pin
Dimensions 11" x 4.5", Dual Slot

I'm disappointed honestly. The clocks are so low! We will have to wait to see the reviews on this card and how it compares to the AMD 6990.

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011

Source

Cliff's Notes:

I'm disappointed honestly. The clocks are so low! We will have to wait to see the reviews on this card and how it compares to the AMD 6990.
I bet they had to down clock it due to power consumption. My guess it will be few percent faster than 6990, but you will need a water cooled system to push it to the max.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Well, I was wrong. It looks like Nvidia isn't going to break the 375w TDP barrier, and therefore they'll more than likely have a slower x2 card.

It appears that the performance/watt ratio caught up to them with the GF100, and they could not improve it enough to make it to beat out Antilles at the same TDP. Not that Antilles is a great card in itself, but it's enough to show AMD has more flexibility with their architecture.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
I bet they had to down clock it due to power consumption. My guess it will be few percent faster than 6990, but you will need a water cooled system to push it to the max.

Not at stock it wont.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
Eeh, low clocks indeed. Decent temps & noise as with 580? Could be me thinks. Curious to see how it OC's and how power consumption/noise/heat are impacted.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Nvidia is going to throw a foot stomping fit to have reviewers do their reviews with the card overclocked if these specs are correct.

Most likely AIBs are going to have factory overclocked cards at release and nv is going to try to send those cards to reviewers.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
Well, I was wrong. It looks like Nvidia isn't going to break the 375w TDP barrier, and therefore they'll more than likely have a slower x2 card.

It appears that the performance/watt ratio caught up to them with the GF100, and they could not improve it enough to make it to beat out Antilles at the same TDP. Not that Antilles is a great card in itself, but it's enough to show AMD has more flexibility with their architecture.

I agree with the bolded part.

They would've had a hard time beating a card that uses less power than 2 570, but is almost as fast.

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011
In their spec, what is the difference between "graphix clock" and "processor clock"?

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
In their spec, what is the difference between "graphix clock" and "processor clock"?

Graphics clock = overall GPU clock which is most non-shader parts of the GPU I believe.
Processor clock = shader clock (the bits that do most of the work).

Imagine it like Intel's core vs uncore.
Shader (processor) clock is nowadays always twice GPU (graphics) clock.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Source

Cliff's Notes:

Codename D13U-50 GF110/P1020
CUDA Cores 1024
Graphics Clock 612MHz
Processor Clock 1224MHz
Memory Clock 3420MHz
Memory Interface Width 2 x 384-bit
Memory Config 3GB GDDR5
Power Connectors Dual 8-pin
Dimensions 11" x 4.5", Dual Slot

that seemed about right for the power consumption.

Honestly, I always had a suspicion that it would be a dual 560 Ti card because that would be much cheaper to build than putting two downclocked GTX 580 chips, but dual underclocked GTX 580 cores does make sense. They had to find a way to get this thing to not consume 500W, so this is logical.

ATI's "small die" strategy excels for dual GPU configurations.

iRage

Feb 11, 2011
In the end what would be better? One 590 or a 580 SC? I heard that the 590 will be extremely limited, so it'll be difficult to get a hold of two for SLI, however if I buy a 580 now, I can SLI it in a couple of months. I'm looking for the best performance overall, if the 590 will be made available to for months to come, than I may just SLI that. Any Suggestions?

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
In the end what would be better? One 590 or a 580 SC? I heard that the 590 will be extremely limited, so it'll be difficult to get a hold of two for SLI, however if I buy a 580 now, I can SLI it in a couple of months. I'm looking for the best performance overall, if the 590 will be made available to for months to come, than I may just SLI that. Any Suggestions?

Wait and see!

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Nvidia is going to throw a foot stomping fit to have reviewers do their reviews with the card overclocked if these specs are correct.

Most likely AIBs are going to have factory overclocked cards at release and nv is going to try to send those cards to reviewers.

No, they aren't.

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010

I'd rather see a review of a card that I can buy with a warranty, then a review of card in a state where it loses its warranty...

palladium

Dec 24, 2007
Wow, that's a massive underclock there, much more pronounced than the 6990. Wonder if it can even keep up with 570 SLI.

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
They ditched Nvidia, or the other way around, which in itself can provide room for loads of "other peoples opinions and experiances", i wouldnt set myself up for target practice that easily Castiel

Regarding the topic: Clocks have a habit of changing at the last moment. Nvidia knows the target numbers they have to beat and im pretty confident they will be pretty close to the better Crossfire scaling Radeons with this halo card.

We might also be in the situation where we have 2 equal "halo" products, which must be a first in the GPU market ever.