Voyager: Is it me, or does this Final Season really BLOW.

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Considering it's in the FINAL Season of the show, you'd think the episodes would be better.

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
It does not all blow. I think they have this funky sydrome. See some of the episodes are good and make sense plot wise with them getting home. But then some of them are just off the wall and contribute nothing to the point of them getting home.

Oh well, hopefully something better comes along next year.

Schola

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
Yes. Do not discuss it (well, that's it, someone will blow it!) because it's been pre-empted until the weekend where I live.

This season HAS been surprisingly sucky. Only the episode with Seven's cortical node and last week's fun with the Ferengi have been OK. All the others have been shockingly lame, especially the Pod Race..er..Whatever Star Rally/Tom Luvs B'lana episode. Gag!

poop

Oct 21, 1999
I have loved this season. They lost their inhibitions and have been doing off the wall stuff. Though I see how it might piss off hard-core fans, a casual viewer as myself thinks it is great.

Tonights episode was one of the besst ever, IMHO. I laughed my @ss off.

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
the part about Seven having sex with chackotay is not really important to the plot. they just met a new race and kim has another affair leading to yet another civil war that requires oyager to once again violate the prime directive and get involved...

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Tonight's episode was okay. It looks like they are just trying to get to the end of the season so they can end this chapter of Star Trek. The only thing cool about tonights episode was when 7of9 got pregnant. ;)

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
I liked how Seven let her hair down and got sassy ;)
The lesbian hijinx with Megan Gallagher (from the long
dead Millienium) was also worthy of note.

yum... yum... yum...

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Speaking of Voyager........... how powerful is Voyager compared to the Enterprise and Defiant???

Cheers,
Aquaman

rhinox99

Golden Member
Sep 5, 2000
Why does everybody hate voyager so much?
It's a lot more fast paced then some of the older Next Gen episodes

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
Aquaman: compared to the enterprise's or defiant's weaponry and power, voyager is a piece of junk. it's meant solely as a exploration/scout ship, it's meant to run and be good at it. lol. :)

creedog

Golden Member
Nov 15, 1999
One of my favorite epsodes from last searson was the one where the Kilingon lady gets the "pan Far" (i can't belive I know that term) and bites Paris in the face. Last nights episode they played the pan far card again which bores me a bit.

Oh my favotie episode was the one where they got caught in the planets orbit for two weeks or so, but since the planet existed in a different 'time continum', they actually has been in the planets orbit since their primative beginings. That was a really cool, and interesting episode.

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
I enjoy the off-the-wall episodes too. "Bride of Chaotica" was a hoot, but the recent ones have just been stupid. And would someone explain how a dweeb like Reg Barclay even got INTO Starfleet Academy, much less GRADUATE?!?

poop

Oct 21, 1999
The one where they were trapped around the time warped planet was REALLY cool.

The doctor is now the oldest one of the ship, hehe. It proves that his mobile emitter has some serious batteries or something :)

EDIT
Barclay pisses me off, as well. I really don't like the Barclay episodes. The First one was cool, cause it was like 'neat, old characters'. Now it is just plain old.

What I really want to see is more interaction with the Borg rebellion.

EDIT 2: Barclay is spelled 'Barclay', not 'Barkley'. DOH

miken

Mar 22, 2000
Evryone, just face it. The idea of a woman captain was novel at first, but now it's just irritating. i have nothing against woman, but IMO a man would have been MUCH better. (except Barclay, what a putz)The show started downhill after the second season.

creedog

Golden Member
Nov 15, 1999
That episode with the borg rebelion was great. Really good story line just waiting to hatch, could make the season really exciting

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
voyager is boring. If 7 of 9 wasn't such a shapely creature I wouldn't bother watching it.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
HaHa! You guys didn't get me. Using all available willpower I resisted looking at this thread until today!:D Actually, I have to agree, last night's was pretty weak. It was a rehash of several well-used, worn out plot devices.

I think my favorite was the one where the Doctor is re-activated 700 years in the future on a world that blames Voyager for much of the destruction and problems in their history.

Russ, NCNE

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
I agree with the census for the Borg Rebellion. That's about the ONLY good bit of action on that down spiraling show.

Has anyone else, besides me, noticed that the Cast of the show is showing signs of wear? You couldn't get a more lethargic bunch if you SEDATED them!

Theslowone

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
I agree it is getting a little strange, i havent been watching for long but it is changing. My favorite episode is where the doctor starts daydreaming, and dreams that all the women love him and want him so bad.

That was an awsome show.