Voter Fraud!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Not only are there many counties that have more registered voters than actual people ,there have been a number of elections decided by areas counting more votes than actual voters. Oh, yes, in each of those cases the Democrat won. No conspiracy, just what actually happened.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You are doing exactly what you decry of others. You believe it is not happening and therefor it is not. No matter how many times people show you cases of it happening, you simply cry they do not count, pretend they never happened, and move on unplussed.

To you, this has become a religion.

Heh. I believe that voter fraud ravers attempt to cite the extremely rare exceptions to the rule as the general case, use that for the purposes of voter suppression.

Here's another example of the extremely rare-

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/31/612911/republican-arizona-voter-fraud/

So what?

Dec 10, 2005
Heh. I believe that voter fraud ravers attempt to cite the extremely rare exceptions to the rule as the general case, use that for the purposes of voter suppression.

Here's another example of the extremely rare-

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/31/612911/republican-arizona-voter-fraud/

So what?

And what a surprise! They were using a method that ID laws would not stop.

From your link:
...records show, has continued to vote by absentee ballot in the five years since her death
(bolding mine)

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
Not only are there many counties that have more registered voters than actual people ,there have been a number of elections decided by areas counting more votes than actual voters. Oh, yes, in each of those cases the Democrat won. No conspiracy, just what actually happened.

Conservatives steal nearly 100% of elections they win by forcing old ladies to vote at gunpoint.

See how easy it is to make unsupported allegations?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
And what a surprise! They were using a method that ID laws would not stop.

From your link: (bolding mine)

Start with the easy to control fraud first, then work towards the harder and harder ones. This is smart. Saying we should ignore one form of fraud because others are happening is very democrat of you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So you admit voter fraud happens and also claim it does not happen. You do realize these two positions are diametrically opposed, right?

You do realize that you're arguing against a strawman of your own creation, right?

Because that's not what I offered, at all. I claimed that voter fraud is extremely rare, and you've done nothing to counter that. I offered that the whole hue & cry is cover for disenfranchisement, and you've done nothing to counter that, either.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
That's true but I didn't make up my stories.

A good way of proving that would be to support your statement with links, newspaper clips, or so forth, especially if it's of a statistical rather than anecdotal format. Otherwise, I can also say:

Yeah I didn't make up mine either. Old ladies at gunpoints, see it myself every year.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Rare means it happens. Do you agree?

You rode your horse to death. Beating it won't bring it back to life.

Your line of argument is similar to claiming that buying lottery tickets is a viable retirement plan.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A good way of proving that would be to support your statement with links, newspaper clips, or so forth, especially if it's of a statistical rather than anecdotal format. Otherwise, I can also say:

Yeah I didn't make up mine either. Old ladies at gunpoints, see it myself every year.

And the poor dears are scared shitless, aren't they?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
This whole topic is pure BS . So many here saying that voter fraud is none existant. How much you people live in darkness is scary, My 5 year old grandson read this topic and asked me about it . It was hard for me as I first had to explain to him the type of poster that post here . I told him that people posting here . Some were like me and he understands this . But he had a hard time understanding that many of the poster here as I told him are free loaders welfare types as they can't be working and posting all the time . . This he understood after pointing out the facts . So after breaking it down for him he asked me if I new for fact voter fraud is hide spread . I said yes I could . So I told him about the 08 election in our village . and how we elected a mayor who wasn't legal to run as he was on court orders at that time to do community service. The village Police chief illegeally helped him and lied openly when questioned about this drug dealer. This mayor ARNY johnson is a low life asswipe. Than I told him of Robert Nystel a feloniest who and others liked him voted in the village election of 08 . All facts can be checked. So voter fraud is wide spread in all states and Florida the worst offender . So I challenged him to prove that most the comments here are just plain lies and he came up with this on his own and presented it to me with this question . He said grandpa how can these people be so ignorant of the facts . I said they are the type child that allow evil to grow and he said hows that . I replied when men do nothing in the face of evil they become evil . He paused and thought and said I understand . I replied I know you do . Heres just one link this 5 year old child came up with .

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtectMyVote?v=ZjNnrbpeQzE

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Start with the easy to control fraud first, then work towards the harder and harder ones. This is smart. Saying we should ignore one form of fraud because others are happening is very democrat of you.

But doing it at the cast expense of legal voters is not only a waste, it's wrong and damn near criminal. The position you advocate is the same as forcing a vaccination on the population that would kill 25 million people because the disease had killed 100.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
But doing it at the cast expense of legal voters is not only a waste, it's wrong and damn near criminal. The position you advocate is the same as forcing a vaccination on the population that would kill 25 million people because the disease had killed 100.

You mean that might kill 25 million people. And then only if they could not be bothered to take a simple precaution... in which case no one would die.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Non sense a clear case of misdirection and a Red Herring.
Voter ID is nothing like what you compare it to be like . As far as I am concerned and its just me . government employees other than military should not be allowed to vote nor should people on welfare . AS their ignorant and lazy. Go to any SS office find out the names of people who work there. Than check and see how many of their relatives are receiving disability SS. The numbers are alarming in my county. Fraud is rampant among goobernment employees. The above case is easily checkable .

Last edited:

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Al Fraken "won" the senate seat by 312 votes after the original count had Coleman winning by 725. There were at least 1,099 felons who voted illegally who were counted to make Fraken win. Of these, 177 have been convicted in court for voting illegally, many more are still awaiting trial.

Essentially, Obamacare managed to get passed only because of voter fraud.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/york-when-1099-felons-vote-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163
More smoke and mirrors from the voter suppression crowd. I don't suppose you noticed that after setting up his story by yakking about voter ID laws, he then offers yet another example of fraud that would not have been prevented by such laws? These felons were are registered to vote. Therefore, they would have still been allowed to vote even with a photo ID law. It's the typical voter suppression puff piece; lots of noise and hand waving, but no actual evidence supporting the call for photo voter IDs.

You might also notice multiple examples of the author's speculation being offered as factual conclusions. There were 1,099 felons who voted, more than Franken's margin of victory (thus suggesting through innuendo that all of those felons voted for Franken). You, of course, dutifully swallowed and then parroted his innuendo as if it were fact. He finally closes with the standard suppression non sequitur that vote fraud disenfranchises legitimate voters just as surely as if they'd been prevented from voting. Transparent, emotional nonsense, yet so many eagerly lap it up.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Al Fraken "won" the senate seat by 312 votes after the original count had Coleman winning by 725. There were at least 1,099 felons who voted illegally who were counted to make Fraken win. Of these, 177 have been convicted in court for voting illegally, many more are still awaiting trial.

Essentially, Obamacare managed to get passed only because of voter fraud.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/york-when-1099-felons-vote-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

So there you have it 177 convictions for voter fraud in one state, in one election.

Voter fraud proven.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
So there you have it 177 convictions for voter fraud in one state, in one election.

Voter fraud proven.
Only it would not have been prevented by photo IDs. And it wasn't so much fraudulent voting -- the felons weren't impersonating anyone else -- as it was ineligible voting. They were registered to vote, but no longer eligible due to felony convictions. (By the way, this assumes all 177 convictions were felons, something the story implies but doesn't actually document.) In short, this story has zero to do with the photo ID voter suppression movement.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Only it would not have been prevented by photo IDs. And it wasn't so much fraudulent voting -- the felons weren't impersonating anyone else -- as it was ineligible voting. They were registered to vote, but no longer eligible due to felony convictions. (By the way, this assumes all 177 convictions were felons, something the story implies but doesn't actually document.) In short, this story has zero to do with the photo ID voter suppression movement.
Everyone knows the best way to prove a law is needed is to provide examples that the law would not actually prevent. :D

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

I have posted evidence showing two things:

a) The very people claiming voter ID's disenfranchise voters could not produce a single person who claimed they were actually disenfranchised by voter ID's in court

b) national elections which have been thrown by a margin of voter fraud which would have been prevented by voter ID's

you have shown two things as well:

a) jack

b) shit.

I'll let ATPN decide whose arguments have more merit.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I have posted evidence showing two things:

a) The very people claiming voter ID's disenfranchise voters could not produce a single person who claimed they were actually disenfranchised by voter ID's in court

b) national elections which have been thrown by a margin of voter fraud which would have been prevented by voter ID's ...
Intellectual dishonesty is so unbecoming of you. While your 'a' may or may not be true (not addressed in your link, but perhaps elsewhere), your 'b' is an outright lie. You did not show an example of voting fraud that would be prevented by photo IDs. Perhaps there were just too many words for you to digest, but the voters in your link were registered, they were not impersonating others, and therefore a photo ID would have made exactly a) Jack and b) Shit difference. Try again.