[videocardz][PCPer][AT] Nvidia Price drops and 780Ti pricing/launch details

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Slomo4shO

Nov 17, 2008
Sorry if I missed the part with 1.3+ volts, he says HyperBoost - 1.2v

Scrolling down is hard... :whiste:

6z25.png

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Well it was hidden quite well. :|

I see it now though, thanks!

It was hidden pretty well. Had to use the old Ctrl F when I couldn't find it on my own.

Looks to be a pretty well built card although it's got 8 + 2 power phases rather than the 12 + 2 of the Classy (not sure on the Lightning).

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Lame! Classified is back to $700.

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I thought about the Hoff as well but it doesn't have the voltage unlocked from what I can tell. Still an impressive card for the clock speeds it can reach on stock voltage though.

I thought about the HOF for a second and then saw what the card looked like....NAH....too ugly for my tastes, i'm not using a white enclosure. Also, if you read the HardOCP review thread fully there are quite a few users experiencing signifigant problems with the card requiring a new BIOS from the manufacturer. Not sure if their issues were resolved, but....makes me kinda leery. Definitely read through the HardOCP 780 HOF review thread before you decide.

Right now i'm eye the Lightning and Classified 780s for SLI and it looks like it will probably be the classified. Once the price is adjusted downward on it (it was 699$ still at newegg earlier today). Possibly the Asus DC II as well just cuz well... i'm an asus fanboy and the card looks awesome.

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
Lame! Classified is back to $700.

Hmm. Wonder if this is a sign of where stock 780Ti's performance is going to be. That is definitely priced high. You would think EVGA would definitely stick with Nvidia's pricing structure since they are the number #1 Nvidia brand here in North America. Then again, the HOF and Lightning would be priced similar then as well you would think.

SlickR12345

Jan 9, 2010
www.clubvalenciacf.com
With cooler temperatures, lower power draw and quiet operating the 780 TI could be a great competitor if its prices right.

I think the $150 price drop on the 780 was very much needed and it still has the 780 is a difficult position. Yeah, the build quality is better, but the performance per price is still not as good.

The TITAN feels like a useless card still, they didn't reduce the price so that was really weird, they may be discounting that card and replacing it with the GTX 780 TI, I sure hope so, because for it outrageous price it loses to the 290x in many benchmarks, especially at higher resolutions.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hmm. Wonder if this is a sign of where stock 780Ti's performance is going to be. That is definitely priced high. You would think EVGA would definitely stick with Nvidia's pricing structure since they are the number #1 Nvidia brand here in North America. Then again, the HOF and Lightning would be priced similar then as well you would think.

No. For some reason, some of Newegg's cards haven't been priced appropriately. Also, last I checked, other places like Tiger Direct and Microcenter haven't even dropped their prices yet. This is a really sloppy price drop. To give you an idea, here's that same "$700 card" at EVGA's own store: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-3788-KR . Yeah, it's $580.

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
I think you all may be seeing examples of NewEgg's auto price adjustment. Because I'm virtually certain I saw the Classified at $559 at one point yesterday. Probably sold like crazy for 10 minutes and the prices went up. (My memory could be transposing the Lightning price onto the Classy though as I wasn't really in the market)

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
I think you all may be seeing examples of NewEgg's auto price adjustment. Because I'm virtually certain I saw the Classified at $559 at one point yesterday. Probably sold like crazy for 10 minutes and the prices went up. (My memory could be transposing the Lightning price onto the Classy though as I wasn't really in the market)

The Lightning was $549 and still is, the Classified was $649...now it rose $50 lol...and the HOF dropped $200.

Newegg really needs get that thing in order. The drops are in place, but yeah certain cards seem to be jumping around a bit.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
780 classy for a month or two, then step up to 780 ti classy?

That's a no go. You can only step up to reference cards, and it must be done within 90 days. If that's the play someone wants to make i'd just wait a week for the 780ti to drop. Anyway, I dunno. I haven't found much value in step up because of this (limited to reference, NOT my preference). That said, i've interacted with EVGA's US CS once and they are polite and great to deal with. I can see someone buying EVGA just for their CS, it's quite good. Conversely i've dealt with a couple other RMAs where I nearly gave up in frustration due to broken-english speaking CS reps. (at other companies). Then I called asus once where the CS rep seemed angry at me FOR speaking english - I had to call asus because I messed up a BIOS flash on a motherboard. I guess my cantonese was not good enough for him, lol. This was YEARS AND YEARS ago though, I hear they're much much better now. Frankly Asus' hardware quality is so high that I haven't had issues really, so they're still my favorite personal brand for everything - GPUs, motherboards, the whole works.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2009
The TITAN feels like a useless card still, they didn't reduce the price so that was really weird, they may be discounting that card and replacing it with the GTX 780 TI, I sure hope so, because for it outrageous price it loses to the 290x in many benchmarks, especially at higher resolutions.

Titan was always a useless card for gamers. The 780 made it obsolete, especially all the great custom cooled ones. It remains a CUDA card for much cheaper than Teslas and Quadros.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Titan was always a useless card for gamers. The 780 made it obsolete, especially all the great custom cooled ones. It remains a CUDA card for much cheaper than Teslas and Quadros.

What a nonsense statement. The Titan was overpriced but it is very much a gamers card. The 780 requires an OC just to match a stock Titan. The 780 Ti may be the only card that changes this 8 months after the fact.

Feb 19, 2009
What a nonsense statement. The Titan was overpriced but it is very much a gamers card. The 780 requires an OC just to match a stock Titan. The 780 Ti may be the only card that changes this 8 months after the fact.

Except you forgot to mention so many 780s available are pre-OC custom AIB cards that easily match Titan, with more room left for overclocking due to voltage unlocked. You must be the only one here to defend Titan as a better gaming card.. which is no surprise given you have SLI Titan. Waste of $$.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Except you forgot to mention so many 780s available are pre-OC custom AIB cards that easily match Titan, with more room left for overclocking due to voltage unlocked. You must be the only one here to defend Titan as a better gaming card.. which is no surprise given you have SLI Titan. Waste of $$.

And the Titan can't be oc'd? More nonsense. What video cards do you own again? Because if Titan isn't a gaming card, then whatever you have must be absolute rubbish.

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
With cooler temperatures, lower power draw and quiet operating the 780 TI could be a great competitor if its prices right.

I think the $150 price drop on the 780 was very much needed and it still has the 780 is a difficult position. Yeah, the build quality is better, but the performance per price is still not as good.

The bolded part is ironic since we don't know any of the info you claim as it's benefits, while we do know the high price of $700. Every point is you claim is unkown while the price you wish you knew is the only thing we know. :p

Feb 19, 2009
And the Titan can't be oc'd? More nonsense. What video cards do you own again? Because if Titan isn't a gaming card, then whatever you have must be absolute rubbish.

Sure, you feel all mighty because you folked out that much dough when a 780 HOF or something matches it for much less.. keep beating your chest.

Titan is only a gaming card for people who don't value $$.

Cookie Monster

Diamond Member
May 7, 2005
The bolded part is ironic since we don't know any of the info you claim as it's benefits, while we do know the high price of $700. Every point is you claim is unkown while the price you wish you knew is the only thing we know. :p

JHH did say its power efficient and cool running during the recent conference. But then again he did say that the woodscrew card was the real deal.. :p

ocre

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2008
I dont understand why people are so negitive torwards what other people buy. Its very interesting