[video] this is why teachers should carry guns

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Uh yeah...there's about 4 or 5 neighborhoods in the entire Pittsburgh area that are bad, basically no worse than any other major metropolitan area. I've never felt unsafe anywhere in Pittsburgh.

No worse than any major metro area is still 3rd world violence. How about philly? They're fond of the knock out game as well.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Teachers shouldn't carry guns for the same reason that helpdesk personnel shouldn't carry around hammers. :p

<-- a pro-second amendment teacher

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Have you even been to either city?

Yes I have. The homeless and other undesirables were pretty damn bad and I had my head on a swivel. Walking back from SunGuard my hand was on my weapon constantly. The ladies in our group specifically asked me to walk them back to the hotel so we had males in front and males in back, both of us with weapons.

All you have to do is stare them down and keep situational awareness at hand. And be prepared to kill them if needed.

No I don't have the time, no I won't give you money, NO you had better back the fuck off right now.

Last edited:

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes I have. The homeless and other undesirables were pretty damn bad and I had my head on a swivel. Walking back from SunGuard my hand was on my weapon constantly. The ladies in our group specifically asked me to walk them back to the hotel so we had males in front and males in back, both of us with weapons.

All you have to do is stare them down and keep situational awareness at hand. And be prepared to kill them if needed.

No I don't have the time, no I won't give you money, NO you had better back the fuck off right now.

I don't know if you're talking about Pittsburgh or Philadelphia but the cities are vastly different and if that was your experience in Pittsburgh, then either you just so happened to find yourself in one of the few small bad neighborhoods, or you suffer from a mild case of paranoia.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I don't know if you're talking about Pittsburgh or Philadelphia but the cities are vastly different and if that was your experience in Pittsburgh, then either you just so happened to find yourself in one of the few small bad neighborhoods, or you suffer from a mild case of paranoia.

I gave you a clue with SunGuard. Both of your cities are wastelands, full of urban yutes and homeless.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
One punch from a minor, did not try to take anything or keep pushing the attack, no previous record?
Yeah, most DA's dont try anything too harsh under those circumstances. You gotta remember the burden of proof gets a little bit tougher every time you add a charge.

I think the kid is a piece of shit, but I also dont work in the legal system. I do know our courts are full. And our prisons too. This kid will likely get some community service and probation.

burden of proof? we've got video evidence of attempted murder . . . simple assault? they're scared of jesse jackson and al sharpton and the others that blindly proclaim such bullsht

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
if he had the holster exposed or if he had walked by with gun in hand, this could have been avoided

Yea I can see it now you are walking down the street, you see some folks you dont trust, you pull out your gun, then they pull out their guns, what next? Is this MAD?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Wow must suck to live in fear all the time.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Wow must suck to live in fear all the time.

LOL, that's not fear. It's called being prepared and paying attention to your surroundings. This teacher did not, and look what happened. Almost got killed. Do you not look both ways before crossing the street? Same thing. When dealing with yutes and other vagrants you have to pay attention to them, don't be a victim.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Assault a police officer, go to jail. Assault a nurse or doctor, and it's a felony. Teachers see crap like this and think, "there's no way in hell that I'm going to teach in an inner city school" - there are minimal or no protections in the system for teachers.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Won't, he's charged with simple assault. A travesty of justice. That was attempted murder.

You can't call that attempted murder. There was no intent to kill with that punch. The kids was being stupid, but attempts murder is a bit much.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You can't call that attempted murder. There was no intent to kill with that punch. The kids was being stupid, but attempts murder is a bit much.

Bullshit.

Many have been convicted of murder from a single punch of that magnitude. You don't swing on an animal like that unless you mean to kill them.

This knock game shit has gone way too far. How many more need to die before we call it what it is?

And why no hate crime for this?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
He could easily have died or have permanent damage from the head bashing the curb. Way more than a misdemeanor.
Bullshit.

Many have been convicted of murder from a single punch of that magnitude. You don't swing on an animal like that unless you mean to kill them.

This knock game shit has gone way too far. How many more need to die before we call it what it is?

And why no hate crime for this?
You know why.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Sigh... it's so fucking hard not to stereo type when the antagonist for all these videos happens to the same "person." I mean they're not all like that, but when the media go out of their way to portrait a certain people to act this way, it just makes your blood boil.

Your blood should boil because of the media then, videos and stories like this are the reason people group all black kids as being thugs. What most people can't grip their brains around is even though a lot of thugs happen to be black, not a lot of black people are thugs. If 1,000 random black teens were in a room very few of them would be thugs. But thanks to the media people assume that almost all of them are. Which is really fucking sad and pathetic.