[video] this is why teachers should carry guns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Reminded me of this:

justincase.jpg

MotionMan

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
I don't care what race, color, sex these dumb ass kids have. If they're jerks, in my book, they ARE a scumbags and should be dealt as such.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Sigh... it's so fucking hard not to stereo type when the antagonist for all these videos happens to the same "person." I mean they're not all like that, but when the media go out of their way to portrait a certain people to act this way, it just makes your blood boil.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Only thing a gun woulda done here is given the teacher a hernia when he landed on it.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Im pretty sure what im thinking right now is grounds for shock therapy and jail time. Kids like this are..............distasteful, at best.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
All you jackasses with hard-ons for firearms, I'm just curious as to what a gun will do for the old man if he had one. He got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Sigh... it's so fucking hard not to stereo type when the antagonist for all these videos happens to the same "person." I mean they're not all like that, but when the media go out of their way to portrait a certain people to act this way, it just makes your blood boil.

The media is just reporting what's going on. I grew up going to school in the hood and saw several incidents just like this one first hand.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012

I don't like stereotypical blacks, yet most strive to be that way since it is glorified in hollywood.

I don't feel bad that I hate black trash. Black people that act live civilized people (and educated) are okay by me!

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i didn't have any audio but does the video mention anything about what happened to the teacher afterwards?

also kranky, link to article mentioning arrest?

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
All you jackasses with hard-ons for firearms, I'm just curious as to what a gun will do for the old man if he had one. He got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT.

if he had the holster exposed or if he had walked by with gun in hand, this could have been avoided

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
in another thread we had people saying how black kids can't get a good education (hence why we need AA for college). well..fuck wonder eh?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So he should walk around like it's the wild west.

There are a couple things that could have gone a long way to help the guy, for starters not having both hands full. That's a no-no when utes are around. Then upon seeing the gang he should have kept distance and prepared to draw. If they came closer give verbal commands to stay away while reaching for weapon. And then if they approach with aggression or verbal threats, fire.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
There are a couple things that could have gone a long way to help the guy, for starters not having both hands full. That's a no-no when utes are around. Then upon seeing the gang he should have kept distance and prepared to draw. If they came closer give verbal commands to stay away while reaching for weapon. And then if they approach with aggression or verbal threats, fire.
lolololololololololololol

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Perp has been arrested. 15 years old. He could have killed the guy easy when his head hit the concrete, I say charge him with attempted murder. Fucking bullshit they are charged as simple assault, juvenile. This way he learns that nothing will happen to him if he keeps doing this shit.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/15-year-old-charged-in-teacher-assault/

David Highfield

Reporting David Highfield
Filed under
Local, News, Syndicated Local
Related tags
Arrest, Assault, CAPA Teacher, Downtown Pittsburgh, Sucker Punch, Tito Way

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Police say they’ve found the person who punched a CAPA teacher in an alley in Downtown Pittsburgh.

They’ve arrested a 15-year-old and charged him as a juvenile with simple assault.

Security video shows a teenager blindsiding CAPA English teacher Jim Addlespurger with a punch to the face while walking down Tito Way. He was knocked out and fell to the ground, his head hitting the curb. He was treated for cuts and bruises.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010

Thank you internet arm chair commando. So instead of living your life like a normal human being, one should walk around like they're living in a video game or post apocalyptic world filled with roving marauders, :whiste:

bigpimpatl

Jul 11, 2005
why would you hit a 50 year old guy? bunch of cowards. At least pick on someone your own size or capability.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I'm always, always, always weary of walking near a group of grown teenagers/men.

Trust no one.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Perp has been arrested. 15 years old. He could have killed the guy easy when his head hit the concrete, I say charge him with attempted murder. Fucking bullshit they are charged as simple assault, juvenile. This way he learns that nothing will happen to him if he keeps doing this shit.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/15-year-old-charged-in-teacher-assault/
Some years back, lady at the bank next door had a heart attack and fell. Died when her skull smashed the curb. Definitely possible.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
fuckin thugs, I can't believe he is only charge with simple assault...they have parole option to give the courts the ability to access the person, and not the crime..why can't they have options to assess the crime and not the person in a situation like this? If you assault someone you do not know, or have no viable reason (no 15 year old would have one), you should be put away for much longer, or have the victim assist in some sort humiliation against the assaulter.

Last edited:

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
in another thread we had people saying how black kids can't get a good education (hence why we need AA for college). well..fuck wonder eh?

This is exactly why we want black kids to have a better education; so they don't go around doing stupid crap like what's in the video. That type of violence is something that a person who doesn't give a crap about their future would do. Cutting back on education funding only will produce more incidents like these and more people of that type. To nip the problem in the bud, more education is needed, not less. Ignorance breeds violence.

Also I agree with whoever above stated that the youth should be charged with attempted murder, and his buddies charged as accomplices. People like that have nothing to contribute towards society.