Video of San Francisco BART police officer appearing to execute suspect who is lying on the ground

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
If everyone in here who endlessly bitches about the corrupt broken system took an hour or so to riot every now and again in your own towns we wouldn't be in the mess we are, property damage or not $$$ gets the establishments attention to problems fast.

The whole history of the human race shows this. Make the feudal lords bottom line suffer screwing us, watch real change happen. Voting or whining gets nothing done. That's reality. I am not condoning anyone wrecking shit. But acting like this is some freak event or its a minority thing is ignorant.
We are a pacified consumerist culture, even the French have waaay more balls then us at telling the establishment to screw off when they turn against us.

The only ass kicking Americans do is to weak countries with needed resources. The powers that be here screwing us? We bend over.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Yeah that's the answer. Riot. Like animals.

fascist. Those people are allowed to protest. Just like you tea party inbred fucks can. It's healthy to allow people to express their dissatisfaction with something. Maybe we should set up "free speech zones" like your boy boooosh.

Jul 10, 2007
You know what dude, I am just going to let it go, he killed a 22 year old kid who was prostrate on the floor. With another cops knee on top of the guys head and neck. Give me a break with the excuse fest for this cop. He didn't need to tase him or shoot him. I just hope he gets a sentence long enough to where he will be in the general population. See how many "oh nos" he has then. We all know a black life ain't worth much, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't walk away with probation. Some how its hard not to fathom that if this kid had been white this would not have happened. Sorry, just another dead black man I guess. Now we are ending up dead for any alleged crime. Damn joke..................

classy and the race card. not surprised.

Jul 10, 2007
I find it funny classy wants this guy to get raped and murdered in prison for an obvious accident. Yet he does not want law abiding citizens to be allowed to own firearms. I think classy is a criminal sympathizer.

no, he's only sympathizing because the guy was black.
he is the al sharpton of AT.

Jul 10, 2007
Its not racism, so lame. Its a fact, black men die far too often in confrontation with cops. And the sad thing is after the fact, you see they did nothing to warrant their death. Point is he didn't have to reach for anything. You are there with two other cops, you got his hands behind his back, at least one, you finish the job of handcuffing the rascal.

I defended that other white cop when he punched that girl in the face, I would have defended him if he had pulled his gun. That other cop was faced with way more of a hostile situation and he shot nor tased anyone. So spare me with the bs blind judgement line. I don't care race even though many here do. I care about facts and what is what really happened. Race unfortunately rears its ugly head.

maybe black men shouldn't be getting into trouble with the law as often.
stereotypes exist for a reason.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Yeah that's the answer. Riot. Like animals.

What do you think Iraq is? Just a giant monkey poo flinging RIOT...

"wahhhh.... bad people did bad stuff to us so we are going to take it out on you people.. wahhh wahhh...."

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
maybe black men shouldn't be getting into trouble with the law as often.
stereotypes exist for a reason.

Ever heard of DWB.. HUH.. do you deal with it?

Driving While Brown/Black ... denying racism is prevalent in US police forces is the same as being a racist

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
So much for laying off those 80 cops today OPD needed to so we can pay for wars.

And our CA national guard is...somewhere on some or desert/mountain peeing on a goat/camel.

Or throwing little puppies to their death
or raping innocent iraqis in abu-ghraib..
stealing billions from you and me
on and on...

pretty pathetic how the kiddies in here think life is just a video game

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
The video is horrifying. We have a man on the ground, with multiple officers on and in control of him, and one of them simply pulls out a gun and kills him.
Well...close. One of them announces he is going to use his taser, immediately pulls his handgun and fires a shot, jumps a little and looks up at his partner with an obviously stunned look on his face. Try not to let facts stand in the way of your interpretations, though.

Jul 10, 2007
Its kind of sad. A black life ain't worth 10 cent in the eyes of so many of the AT faithful. All these comments about this guy about what he did, the black community, and etc. Nothing this guy did warranted him being shot in the back. Nothing at all. This wasn't karma or payback or any of that other nonsense.

This was a guy who could have and should have been handcuffed and sent back to jail if need be. That should have been the end result. But instead we have the same ole tired story of circumstances and excuses, but the story ends the same another black guy ends up dead. Its pathetic to read some of the posts cheering and laughing. He may been a lot things both good and bad, but on this day he didn't deserve to die.

But one day the majority will be the minority. One day its going to be alright..........

why do you keep bringing up race?
what does race have anything to do with this?

if the victim was chinese/indian/white guy acting in the same manner, the result would have been the same in this ACCIDENT.
race has no bearing on the situation.

Jul 10, 2007
Any human being with even two brain cells has sympathy for the man who was KILLED

i guess you don't know classy.
if the victim was white, he would not be this outraged.

and actually, i have no sympathy for him because he is a repeat offender.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally Posted by classy View Post
You know what dude, I am just going to let it go, he killed a 22 year old kid who was prostrate on the floor. With another cops knee on top of the guys head and neck. Give me a break with the excuse fest for this cop. He didn't need to tase him or shoot him. I just hope he gets a sentence long enough to where he will be in the general population. See how many "oh nos" he has then. We all know a black life ain't worth much, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't walk away with probation. Some how its hard not to fathom that if this kid had been white this would not have happened. Sorry, just another dead black man I guess. Now we are ending up dead for any alleged crime. Damn joke..................

------------------

Race has little to do with it. There was a black cop in Chino CA that shot a white or hispanic boy sitting on the ground in front of his corvette well after high speed chase had ended (see video below). Boy was just talking shit and cop unloaded 3 in his chest. Problem is boys in blue are too high strung and some are psychopaths and various other issues. Problem is DA's kiss their asses when they do fuck up like these cases. Problem is juries as well who kiss cops asses when they fuck up.

I'm pretty law and order type. Love the tazer etc but there is no excuse for crap like this. A cop should be held to a higher standard not given a slap on the wrist. It is a damn joke...:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIedW4HG5gE <<<this dude was acquitted and is still a cop!

Last edited:

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
and black people wonder why they get stereotyped.

Why are we looting? We don't know or care! But "imma gonna get mine!"

4776283081_8d00e83127_b.jpg

4776744304_92714f23ea_b.jpg

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
If everyone in here who endlessly bitches about the corrupt broken system took an hour or so to riot every now and again in your own towns we wouldn't be in the mess we are, property damage or not $$$ gets the establishments attention to problems fast.

The whole history of the human race shows this. Make the feudal lords bottom line suffer screwing us, watch real change happen. Voting or whining gets nothing done. That's reality. I am not condoning anyone wrecking shit. But acting like this is some freak event or its a minority thing is ignorant.
We are a pacified consumerist culture, even the French have waaay more balls then us at telling the establishment to screw off when they turn against us.

The only ass kicking Americans do is to weak countries with needed resources. The powers that be here screwing us? We bend over.

You are moron. The rioting in Oakland only hurt Oakland, a city which is in a finical crisis. Not only did it not help anyone but it further put into contrast the people who will act out because they didn't get an unjust verdict by bully the courts in matter with threats of violence and destruction. Clearly you and your mindset is completely anathema to anything with deals with law, order and civilization because it seems to me that you believe in mob rule.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
fascist. Those people are allowed to protest. Just like you tea party inbred fucks can. It's healthy to allow people to express their dissatisfaction with something. Maybe we should set up "free speech zones" like your boy boooosh.

Protest yes, riot and loot NO! The gathering in Oakland was peaceful up until darkness fell and the liberal anarchist types came in along with the thugs off the street to further escalate the situation.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
It is a disturbing case but I accept the verdict. I do not think others will.

Spoiled children are never happy.

Oh and Mesherele was and is clearly remorseful for his actions.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/09/BAQB1EC3T3.DTL

Mike -

Please try to get this message to the public:

I don't know what the jury in this case is going to decide, but I hope those who hate me and those who understand that I never intended to shoot Oscar Grant will listen to this message.

I have and will continue to live everyday of my life knowing that Mr. Grant should not have been shot. I know a daughter has lost a father and a mother has lost a son. It saddens me knowing that my actions cost Mr. Grant his life, no words express how truly sorry I am.

I hoped to talk to Ms. Johnson (Wanda Johnson, Grant's mother) and Ms. Mesa (Sophina Mesa, Grant's girlfriend and the mother of his daughter) in the days following this terrible event, but death threats toward my newly-born son, my friends and family resulted in no communication occurring. I hope the day will come when anger will give way to dialogue.

For now, and forever I will live, breathe, sleep, and not sleep with the memory of Mr. Grant screaming "You shot me" and putting my hands on the bullet wound thinking the pressure would help while I kept telling him "You'll be okay!" I tried to tell myself that maybe this shot would not be so serious, but I recall how sick I felt when Mr. Grant stopped talking, closed his eyes and seemed to change his breathing.

I don't expect that I can ever convince some individuals how sorry I am for the death of Mr. Grant, but I would not feel right if I didn't explain my thoughts as I wait for a decision of the jury.

Johannes Mehserle

7-4-2010

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
why do you keep bringing up race?
what does race have anything to do with this?

if the victim was chinese/indian/white guy acting in the same manner, the result would have been the same in this ACCIDENT.
race has no bearing on the situation.

Oh yes, race had nothing to do with a white officer killing a black man and getting a slap on the wrist from a white jury.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Good luck with that. Your liberal friends have watered down Constitution so much any insurrection would be futile against tanks, planes, APCs, bombs and gases the power structure owns. There was a reason founders put that second in there and it has nothing to do with hunting, or shooting some guy stealing your trailer it's about being able to overthrow oppressive gov't they knew would come and rifles can only do so much.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Oh yes, race had nothing to do with a white officer killing a black man and getting a slap on the wrist from a white jury.

Keep on waving that race card as if it matters or makes an actual valid point.

Edit: Oh and the jury was not all white dipshit. It had 3 Latinos and 1 Indian woman on it. Then there is the bit of being judge by a jury of your peers in order to get a fair trial.

Last edited: