Veterans Day

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
All good ways to honor vets (other than your leftie parrot jabber). Why did you edit out the other question? You've got no answer, do you.

The Stephen Colbert Backdrop?

'Murican Giant Eagle attacks! Terrist takes 1d4 poop dmg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
That is ok, a polite way to put that to one who has served under the NATO operations in three different nations and over ten different places would perhaps not be "go away" though.

My point is that no parade nor thanks will do sheit, join up or shut up.

Well then don't thank the police officer who saves your life, or the fireman who runs in to save you daughters life from a burning building.. or the Doctor who saves your life after blowing a vein in your head. People contribute to society in different ways.. Please refuse all help from police, fire, or Doctors in the future...

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
thebird.jpg

My respect always goes to those who serve and put their lives on the line...

Not so much for the flag waving "rah-rah" types....

I never asked for anyone to respect me in this thread. The fact that you worthless assholes can't keep this bullshit out of one thread tells me that you don't respect the people who serve one bit.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Put them on your ignore list. It works on narcissists from the frozen North, tunnel visioned communist wannabees, and shell shocked pseudo soldiers.

The ignore option would be perfection if their rants didn't show up when they're quoted.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I never asked for anyone to respect me in this thread. The fact that you worthless assholes can't keep this bullshit out of one thread tells me that you don't respect the people who serve one bit.

We seem, as a citizen of the US, to respect Movie Stars, Rich Folks, Corporate Executives and People with Power in Government to such an extent that most everyone else is sorta left to the side.
In military, I recall that you salute the rank and not the person... I don't think I ever agreed to that... I always returned a salute with the utmost of respect and sharpness... and saluted in a much different way... depending on who it was... or, rather, what I knew about that senior officer...
I didn't reflect on that until reading a few posts here... I wonder if I was wrong back then... ?? Perhaps so, but still... idiot senior officers did not deserve my salute!... imo. I wonder what that might mean...?

Jun 26, 2007
Well then don't thank the police officer who saves your life, or the fireman who runs in to save you daughters life from a burning building.. or the Doctor who saves your life after blowing a vein in your head. People contribute to society in different ways.. Please refuse all help from police, fire, or Doctors in the future...

It's vastly different since they have specific jobs that DO make a difference, i don't think i've done anything since Kosovo that made even a tiny bit of difference.

Since then it's been politicians running wars and they fucking SUCK at it.

I'll probably go into law enforcement when i get home if i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.