VERY INTERESTING QUOTE!!!! READ THIS!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: NightTrain
Originally posted by: swifty3
In my mind, the original quote had to do with leadership in any type of government, and the vercity of the rhetoric that they use to persuade people to see things the way they do, and to support the actions of the policy makers.

So are you saying it applies to the current situation or not?

I don't tell people what to think. It is up to you to answer that question for yourself.
Do YOU think that it applies to the current situation?

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph
Originally posted by: LH
Well Germany said yesterday that Saddam needs removed. Jumping on the bandwagon? Maybe? Outright support? Maybe not, but we do have plenty of support. The four major economic powers = USA, UK, Japan, Germany. We have all them in our corner now, more or less. The four major military power, USA, China, UK, Russia.

You don't know what you're talking about. We do not have Russia's backing in this, nor China. The German government may be trying to hedge their bets now, but the German people are still overwhelmingly opposed to this war.

Well, but in a way the war is not an issue anymore, it has started - so the task now is to get it over with as fast as possible minimizing casualties and ridding the country of Saddam. Of course ppl are thinking/debating what is going to happen afterwards.

Regarding the topic support: We have stated a clear opposition to the war, BUT support has always been there in the way of granting overflight rights, manning AWACS patrolling over Turkey, German Army providing extra security to US bases, and Anti chemical warfare troops in Kuweit.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Wheezer
So again I ask wtf is the point?

Bush = Hitler

Same old disgruntled election losers. Nothing to do with Iraq. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wow, the simplicity of your thought process just floors me. If that is the only thing you can derive from that quote, then maybe you should try THINKING a bit before you post. Where was Bush mentioned at all? Why would you make a connection between Hitler and Bush?

So what was your point again?

The is no point. No thought or idea can penetrate the solidified mass that is your brain. No point at all, so go back to your cave.

You insinuate that Bush, like Hitler, has duped the masses. Look at the reponses.

"Describes our situation to a T."
"And how fitting it is."
"His point was is that the same actions are being done now."
"The Nazi regime was able to gain incredible popularity amongst its people using these tactics (convincing their people that someone else is a threat); thats the point. Bush has rallied US support but global support is horrible, correct? That's why it parallels."
"You had support as long Bush didnt act up as the Führer"

Dress it up all you want...but Bush=Hitler is the end result.

BS, Bush is not like Hitler - just because there are prallels in rethoric, doesnt mean that Bush equals the sickest mass murderer of all time

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Allow me to put it in a nutshell for you Skippy. Bush isn't pulling the wool over any American's eyes. If anything he's showing vastly more restraint than the majority of us would. You see, its like this. We've put up with the bullshit from all these third-world tribes of screaming idiots and their poo-pooing pacifist defenders all we intend to. When those planes took so many American lives the world changed forever. Before, we were moderately content to sit on our laurels and grouse profusely about grandstanding idiots and their silly antics and threats. No more. Get used to it. We don't care if not even one of you bon bon munching pants shitters falls in line behind us. We don't need you anyway. We'll do what needs doing and if you want to step out in the way we'll run your ass down too. Get used to it. We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. The world changed on 9/11 and we're going to show you just how much it has. Get used to it. War mongering? Nope. Just taking out the trash which we've allowed to pile up for far too long. The stench has become overwhelming and we intend to clean house, so get used to it.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Format C:
Allow me to put it in a nutshell for you Skippy. Bush isn't pulling the wool over any American's eyes.

Well he's got you and everyone else who falls for the 9/11=Iraq crap, the "Iraqi Freedom" cheesy assed names, giving up your rights for a "Patriot Act" while he talks abotu Liberty.

Do a little Google on his grandpa Prescot Bush and the word "Auschwitz" and maybe you can see the big trail of money and ideas.

Try this link for starters.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Allow me to put it in a nutshell for you Skippy. Bush isn't pulling the wool over any American's eyes. If anything he's showing vastly more restraint than the majority of us would. You see, its like this. We've put up with the bullshit from all these third-world tribes of screaming idiots and their poo-pooing pacifist defenders all we intend to. When those planes took so many American lives the world changed forever. Before, we were moderately content to sit on our laurels and grouse profusely about grandstanding idiots and their silly antics and threats. No more. Get used to it. We don't care if not even one of you bon bon munching pants shitters falls in line behind us. We don't need you anyway. We'll do what needs doing and if you want to step out in the way we'll run your ass down too. Get used to it. We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. The world changed on 9/11 and we're going to show you just how much it has. Get used to it. War mongering? Nope. Just taking out the trash which we've allowed to pile up for far too long. The stench has become overwhelming and we intend to clean house, so get used to it.

Hey dumbfvck, you outrage me. What world are you actually living in - sounds like a Nazi-Videogame to me. "Just taking out the trash which we've allowed to pile up for far too long. The stench has become overwhelming and we intend to clean house, so get used to it." Sounds like a exctly like a certain guy with mustache did.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: B00ne

Hey dumbfvck, you outrage me. What world are you actually living in - sounds like a Nazi-Videogame to me. "Just taking out the trash which we've allowed to pile up for far too long. The stench has become overwhelming and we intend to clean house, so get used to it." Sounds like a exctly like a certain guy with mustache did.

So you are saying that Al-Queada in Afghanistan or Saddam in Iraq is now equal to the Jews in Germany? That will be a difficult contention to defend.

There was wide support for removing the Taliban and the terrorists they supported in Afghanistan but even there certain groups opposed even that necessary action.

Saddam and his problem and his destabalizing influences on the Middle East with his support of terrorists has gone on for far too long. Certain countries for their own reasons did not agree. Their motives are questionable though.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DanJ
Ok so all the countries that are behind us mean nothing?
You must be talking about the coalition of the willing. List them please, its quite an amusing read.
More amusing still is the top of the list of those countries opposed.

elzmaddy

Oct 29, 2002
BUSH = HITLER

Not quite, I would say Osama bin Laden would be a more appropriate comparison. If the slaughter of fellow human beings were a competition, they would be neck-and-neck.

DoctorPizza

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
We had tremendous support after 9-11, amongst countries AND their people. Where has that gone?
It went just as soon as you started picking on the Iraqis, who had nothing to do with 11/9.

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
We had tremendous support after 9-11, amongst countries AND their people. Where has that gone?

people wanna talk the talk...but they have no balls.

That is the truth. Of course we had support, as long as we had to take no action.

They are like the conscientious objector, it all sounds good until you have to either put out or get out and for many of these so called friends it was easier to get out.
That's complete crap. We had very good support in Desert Storm; even amongst Arab nations (what a shock that we'd actually get support of the neighbors of the country we're going to destabalize). Our coalition back then actually consisted mainly of countries that, *gasp*, supplied troops!

We lost support because we alienated ourself from the rest of the world. Both Bush and Powell talked down UN inspections saying they were essentially useless, before they even asked for UN support. Then they went on to say how it didn't matter if the UN supported us, we don't need them. Then we stick to our with or against us and start just verbally bashing countries, referring to countries as the asanine "Old Europe" and "New Europe." Throughout the whole UN process we made claims that we couldn't truly substantiate. We could never provide the world with any clear cut here it is evidence, nor could we provide any link between 9-11 and Saddam. Put yourself in the shoes of a non-US citizen. We made the whole UN thing into a big charade to try to gain global appeal but ended up doing nothing but building hatred of the US amongst the world's population. And Freedom Fries?

We could have actually done this correctly. We could have at least acted like we weren't rebellious teenagers.

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Yeah I figured that but I to make sure that was the meaning of the idiot post.

You see there is one big difference....We haven't baked millions of people in ovens in an attempt at genocide.

The Nazi regime was able to gain incredible popularity amongst its people using these tactics (convincing their people that someone else is a threat); thats the point. Bush has rallied US support but global support is horrible, correct? That's why it parallels.

How can we win the war on terrorism if a great majority of the world's population hates us? Hatred breeds terrorism, correct?

Ive known that Saddam was a threat long before anyone told politican me. So is the media to balme for this then? I really dont think the quote has any validity to the current situation, as it was the Germans policy during the second world war to attack, occupy and ultimately annex the countires which were percieved as a threat. At this time our only goal is the Liberation of Iraq for its current leader. We have never said that we want to annex Iraq, nor is it our desire to completely irradicate their entire population.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
ok so who attacked the Germans?

according to this post, this was the reasoning employed to get the German people behind the war, so who did they tell them had attacked Germany?

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7

according to this post, this was the reasoning employed to get the German people behind the war, so who did they tell them had attacked Germany?
Pre-emptive is pre-emptive. Iraq hasn't attacked us either you realize.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Pre-emptive is pre-emptive. Iraq hasn't attacked us either you realize.

dan thats not the point, the point is we never claimed Iraq attacked us.... this post implies the Germans used this tactic to win over their people, now, you and I know that isnt true, but I will play along.

Who did the German govt. say attacked them?

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
BTW way I will take a pre-emptive american strike over a terrorist attack with WMD...

This way you don't have to choose....you can the best of both worlds!

Yay

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
No, 9/11 does NOT equal Iraq. 9/11 equals a good swift kick in the ass for the USA. We'll no longer sit idly by as raving lunatics throughout the world make their threats and wait to see if they just might follow through. It took the deaths of thousands to remind us of the perils of doing that. To put it simply, from now on you can either play nice or we'll kick you out of the sandbox. Get used to it.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"..if a great majority of the world's population hates us?"

Says who ?

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No, 9/11 does NOT equal Iraq. 9/11 equals a good swift kick in the ass for the USA. We'll no longer sit idly by as raving lunatics throughout the world make their threats and wait to see if they just might follow through. It took the deaths of thousands to remind us of the perils of doing that. To put it simply, from now on you can either play nice or we'll kick you out of the sandbox. Get used to it.

I think you miss the idea that pissing off the world, going against the UN, and invading countries could give us more 9/11s than if we played by the rules.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: flavio

I think you miss the idea that pissing off the world, going against the UN, and invading countries could give us more 9/11s than if we played by the rules.

Rules? What fvcking rules?

Terrorist have no rules.

Saddam didn't follow the "rules" for 12 years.

And no we haven't pissed off the world. France, Russia Germany, Canada? They DO NOT constitute the rest of the world.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Bush = Hitler

Same old disgruntled election losers. Nothing to do with Iraq. Nothing to see here. Move along.

All I can do is laugh at this crap now.... BUHAAHAHAHAH

BaDaBooM

Golden Member
May 3, 2000
Ok so all the countries that are behind us mean nothing?

gee i am sure they would love to hear that.

And no it wasn't just the fact that the Jews were a threat. They also convinced thier people that they were the "super race" and they wanted to dominate the world.

So tell me how have we shown that?

Sorry to shed light on your misinformation but that hatered was already there for this country.

Funny how no one replied to this as Wheezer nailed the flaw in your logic. Guess what some of the United States and other European leaders said during that same time. They told their people that they were going to be attacked, and that those that didn't want to act were exposing their country to danger and lacking patriotism. (These were leaders that were warning of Hitler before he invaded the Rhineland; i.e. when they could have stopped him without the WW). There are far more actions that must be taken to accomplish the kinds of things that Hitler did. Your comparison is null and void.