VERY INTERESTING QUOTE!!!! READ THIS!!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: putnam3769
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Ok so all the countries that are behind us mean nothing?

gee i am sure they would love to hear that.

And no it wasn't just the fact that the Jews were a threat. They also convinced thier people that they were the "super race" and they wanted to dominate the world.

So tell me how have we shown that?

Sorry to shed light on your misinformation but that hatered was already there for this country.

The stated goal of the United States goverment with regards to their national security policy is exactly that: domination. No other nation will be allowed to equal or even appocah the military strength of the United States. That, and the policy of pre-emptive strikes against potential threats, do combine to form a goal of global domination. If you doubt this here is a link to the US Security policy on the White House's web site: http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/nss.html

I don't think the US is a country bent on genocide at all. I am merely supporting SOME of the parallells others have drawn.

Wrong...from your link:

"Our Nation's cause has always been larger than our Nation's defense. We fight, as we always fight, for a just peace?a peace that favors liberty. We will defend the peace against the threats from terrorists and tyrants. We will preserve the peace by building good relations among the great powers. And we will extend the peace by encouraging free and open societies on every continent."

President Bush
West Point, New York
June 1, 2002

The United States possesses unprecedented? and unequaled?strength and influence in the world. Sustained by faith in the principles of liberty, and the value of a free society, this position comes with unparalleled responsibilities, obligations, and opportunity. The great strength of this nation must be used to promote a balance of power that favors freedom.

For most of the twentieth century, the world was divided by a great struggle over ideas: destructive totalitarian visions versus freedom and equality.

That great struggle is over. The militant visions of class, nation, and race which promised utopia and delivered misery have been defeated and discredited. America is now threatened less by conquering states than we are by failing ones. We are menaced less by fleets and armies than by catastrophic technologies in the hands of the embittered few.We must defeat these threats to our Nation, allies, and friends.

This is also a time of opportunity for America. We will work to translate this moment of influence into decades of peace, prosperity, and liberty. The U.S. national security strategy will be based on a distinctly American internationalism that reflects the union of our values and our national interests. The aim of this strategy is to help make the world not just safer but better. Our goals on the path to progress are clear: political and economic freedom, peaceful relations with other states, and respect for human dignity.

And this path is not America?s alone. It is open to all. To achieve these goals, the United States will:

champion aspirations for human dignity;
strengthen alliances to defeat global terrorism and work to prevent attacks against us and our friends;
work with others to defuse regional conflicts;
prevent our enemies from threatening us, our allies, and our friends, with weapons of mass destruction;
ignite a new era of global economic growth through free markets and free trade;
expand the circle of development by opening societies and building the infrastructure of democracy;
develop agendas for cooperative action with other main centers of global power; and
transform America?s national security institutions to meet the challenges and opportunities of the twenty-first century.

That is not domination. You want to talk domination then talk to the people in Iraq greeting our military about thier former leader.

As far as not wanting equal military might, you have a point, but lets look at it.

If we do not have the military might then someone else will, someone like Saddam, or the Osamas of the world would do that, would you feel more comfortable then?

We have not launched any attacks into your country, but you can bet that because you do not pray to Allah 5x a day, and because you allow your women to go out in public with thier faces unmasked these type of people have no quams about killing you.

Basically what I get from your statement is that you feel that everyone on the block should be equal. We should all have the same size military so that when war breaks out we all fight fair. Guess what the world does not work that way there must always be a leader just like in anything else, someone has got to be the best at what they do, business sports etc. We just happen to be that leader and as such are under the scrutiny of the world. If it was left to persons of your mind set there would still be suffering in Iraq. Children would be in prison, torture and execution for going against the state would still be the norm.

Saddam would still be developing WMD and they quite possibly would have made it across to your border.

So I guess if you want to quaify that as world domination then so be it but I think you are carrying it a bit to far.

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002
Originally posted by: swifty3
?Why of course the people don?t want war. ... That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.?

Who said that? Hitler?s accomplice, Hermann Goering (Field Marshall of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) and president of the Reichstag), at the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war criminals in 1946.

I think the point that most of you are missing is that no analogy is perfect. There will always be differences between the two otherwise it wouldn't be an analogy but identity. Therefore, by saying that Bush does not equal Hitler and so on, does not make the analogy less valid.

The point of the original post is that US government manipulated Americans in order to rally them for an attack on Iraq, just like Nazi Germany manipulated Germans to attack most of the Europe even though one is a democracy and the other was dictatorship. You can agree with that or disagree, but most of the arguments so far seem to miss the point of the original post.

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: B00ne
Originally posted by: NightTrain
Originally posted by: Wheezer
So again I ask wtf is the point?

Bush = Hitler

Same old disgruntled election losers. Nothing to do with Iraq. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wow, the simplicity of your thought process just floors me. If that is the only thing you can derive from that quote, then maybe you should try THINKING a bit before you post. Where was Bush mentioned at all? Why would you make a connection between Hitler and Bush?

So what was your point again?

The is no point. No thought or idea can penetrate the solidified mass that is your brain. No point at all, so go back to your cave.

You insinuate that Bush, like Hitler, has duped the masses. Look at the reponses.

"Describes our situation to a T."
"And how fitting it is."
"His point was is that the same actions are being done now."
"The Nazi regime was able to gain incredible popularity amongst its people using these tactics (convincing their people that someone else is a threat); thats the point. Bush has rallied US support but global support is horrible, correct? That's why it parallels."
"You had support as long Bush didnt act up as the Führer"

Dress it up all you want...but Bush=Hitler is the end result.

BS, Bush is not like Hitler - just because there are prallels in rethoric, doesnt mean that Bush equals the sickest mass murderer of all time

Actually, I might just hand that 'award' to Stalin...