[VC] GTX780 Ti Performance

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spidre

Nov 6, 2013
Going to buy one, but I'm waiting for the 6gb versions. Anyone here think they will hit the market before the game bundle ends?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Most likely tomorrow afternoon sometime, but you never know.

The performance crown is no longer up for debate, this thing will distance itself nicely for being on the same node.

GIbbo @ UK OC is saying 1300mhz on stock cooler is possible, and it OCs much better than Titan due to something he cannot talk about until tomorrow.

Maybe $649 is in order......come on NV, no $699!

Last edited:

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012

The performance crown is no longer up for debate, this thing will distance itself nicely for being on the same node.

GIbbo @ UK OC is saying 1300mhz on stock cooler is possible, and it OCs much better than Titan due to something he cannot talk about until tomorrow.

Maybe $649 is in order......come on NV, no $699!

I thought the rumor was something about "power balancing", or in other words, the card is capable of deciding how much power to draw from the PCIe bus and the power adapters independently of each other, which is supposed to make OCing easier. How much easier? Who knows... Will have to wait to find out.

From Videocardz:
GeForce GTX 780 Ti Power Balancing for overclockers
NVIDIA equipped its GTX 780 Ti with a new feature called Power Balancing. Without this feature power drawn from: 6-pin power connector, 8-pin power connector and PCI Express interface would be balanced across these three sources respectively depending on the current load. However if user overclocks the card power delivery becomes unbalanced, thus card draws more power from one source than the others. To fix this problem NVIDIA came up with an idea of Power Balancing. You probably see where this is going. With this feature enabled GPU can steer the power from one input to another. This will improve overclocking capabilities in comparison to GTX 780 or the TITAN.

Spidre

Nov 6, 2013
Is there a given time when the NDA lifts, or when they will appear in stock?

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013

Because of this ;)
NVIDIA-GK110-425-B1.jpg

Also this card will most likely be as widely customizable as GTX 780 and not as locked to reference design as GTX Titan. Meaning better PCB, components, cooling etc

Is there a given time when the NDA lifts, or when they will appear in stock?

Its a violation of NDA to say when NDA lifts :p

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
reference cards with EVGA back plates that I made a custom bios for. 120% power target and they boost to 1071 and 1097 on their own with the bios on stock volts, MSI and Galaxy, respectively. They are quite nice but I'm drawn to fully enabled chips like my 3 year old to cheese balls.

The bottom one was mine. See that ugly pen mark I put on it? :D

So what are you thinking price wise, $649.99 or $699.99 for the 780ti? Are you going to be going SLI with them? I probably won't get one because last week I found out I am going to be a Dad. :)

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
Because of this ;)
NVIDIA-GK110-425-B1.jpg

its actually because of this

GeForce GTX 780 Ti Power Balancing for overclockers

NVIDIA equipped its GTX 780 Ti with a new feature called Power Balancing. Without this feature power drawn from: 6-pin power connector, 8-pin power connector and PCI Express interface would be balanced across these three sources respectively depending on the current load. However if user overclocks the card power delivery becomes unbalanced, thus card draws more power from one source than the others. To fix this problem NVIDIA came up with an idea of Power Balancing. You probably see where this is going. With this feature enabled GPU can steer the power from one input to another. This will improve overclocking capabilities in comparison to GTX 780 or the TITAN.

rgallant

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2007
"To fix this problem NVIDIA came up with an idea of Power Balancing."

so they screwed up on the $650 -$1000 cards and then fixed it , then call it a feature?

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
"To fix this problem NVIDIA came up with an idea of Power Balancing."

so they screwed up on the $650 -$1000 cards and then fixed it , then call it a feature?

"Fix" is a poorly chosen word. ATi/AMD cards probably exhibit the same behavior as well. Would you say that all cards from both companies prior to the 780 Ti are broken? Probably not.

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I'm excited to finally see the official numbers on this. The last few weeks have been fun in the GPU space, with all the back/forth. If this is the final hurrah for this gen for Nvidia, I'm curious if this is going to have their "all" in it.

iiiankiii

Apr 4, 2008
I'm excited to finally see the official numbers on this. The last few weeks have been fun in the GPU space, with all the back/forth. If this is the final hurrah for this gen for Nvidia, I'm curious if this is going to have their "all" in it.

Me, too, I don't care if it cost an arm and a leg, I just want to see what this thing can do.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
The bottom one was mine. See that ugly pen mark I put on it? :D

So what are you thinking price wise, $649.99 or $699.99 for the 780ti? Are you going to be going SLI with them? I probably won't get one because last week I found out I am going to be a Dad. :)

the bottom one was your card, no I don't see the pen mark, you messing with me?

Not sure about Sli yet. I think I would like to but that is a lot of money that I'm not sure I want to spend again. I only went Sli with 780's for educational purposes. I do it every gen to see how the tech progresses. I can honestly say that I'm very impressed.

Congrats on being a dad, I got #2 in the oven right now. #1 just got out of diapers so I'll be getting about a 6 month break before I have to start doing that again. =) Good luck.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
the bottom one was your card, no I don't see the pen mark, you messing with me?

Not sure about Sli yet. I think I would like to but that is a lot of money that I'm not sure I want to spend again. I only went Sli with 780's for educational purposes. I do it every gen to see how the tech progresses. I can honestly say that I'm very impressed.

Congrats on being a dad, I got #2 in the oven right now. #1 just got out of diapers so I'll be getting about a 6 month break before I have to start doing that again. =) Good luck.

Expecting twins?, WOW....good luck with 3 kids under what will it be 3?...Jesus, your poor wife!

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
So,the decibels measured in the article are not true then?? They state 41 against 43 decibels. Must be a typo then.

As far as I can tell that's part of the nvidia press slide, and their performance slides are based on quiet mode...