UT2004 Gone Gold! Release target is March 15th!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Batti

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
kai920, it'll run. The demo runs on my stock Shuttle SN41G2.

Just got a $50 gift certificate from work. Guess I know what I'm buying with that!! :D

Six CD's eh?

Batti

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
Anyone gotten voice to work with a LAN game? I bought headsets for me and my son, but they only work on Internet games...:confused:

suklee

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thats good to hear :) Maybe it'll run a tad better once I fix my dead 9700 Pro (see sig)

Batti, iiwy I'd definitely wait for the DVD version!

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Batti
Anyone gotten voice to work with a LAN game? I bought headsets for me and my son, but they only work on Internet games...:confused:

Set up a small voice chat server at home. Then you could talk whether you are playing or not.

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Kai920
Awesome, hope this will run on my lowly GF4 MX, lol

I'll finally be able to try out Red Orchestra.

Bah. Why bother with a mod that adds a WWII genre?
rolleye.gif
There is PLENTY of that out right now, no mod needed.

EDIT: Note that the rolly-eye isn't directed at you, but to WWII mods in general.

suklee

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I keep hearing good things bout it... I yearn for some ultra-realistic WWII action :) its not BF1942, not COD so I am going to try it! Have you?

edit: thanks for the edit :cool: those
rolleye.gif
can get out of hand in a hurry
rolleye.gif

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
I keep hearing good things bout it... I yearn for some ultra-realistic WWII action :) its not BF1942, not COD so I am going to try it! Have you?

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

I've tried a few, and although some have been OK, I still prefer a WWII based game rather than a mod to make a WWII game.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Extrarius
I've already bought it, but I definitely hope the performance is improved some over the demo. In 2k3, I get ~100 fps on highest details at 800x600, but in 2k4 I get ~50 on lowest settings at the same res =-(

And your machine specs are...?

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
I've also pre-ordered the SE edition of this game. Thank goodness they made it available too. I really don't want to deal with 6 CDs to do a damn install, I take my one DVD thank you very much. If that is the headset that comes with it makes it an even nicer deal, I could use a decent headset.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I've preordered it as well. DVD SE version... just threw a barton 3000+ in my machine just for such an occasion.

I've also got a 'clan' going if anyone wants in. it's just so you can throw a tag after your name. haha

[scg] 4 life.
http://www.supercoolguys.com

(yes it's basically a mock-clan)

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: nsafreak
I've also pre-ordered the SE edition of this game. Thank goodness they made it available too. I really don't want to deal with 6 CDs to do a damn install, I take my one DVD thank you very much. If that is the headset that comes with it makes it an even nicer deal, I could use a decent headset.

Yep. I pre-ordered the DVD SE version myself. For the same price you get the headset too. Helluva deal IMO.

suklee

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: fermium

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

I've tried a few, and although some have been OK, I still prefer a WWII based game rather than a mod to make a WWII game.
I hear ya. I'd prefer a pure WWII based game too, but don't underestimate the power of mods. Just look at desert combat. btw, which other wwii mods have you tried? Only thing I've played is DoD...

Anyway, I hear this Red Orchestra is a whole different beast. When the devs do come out with version 2.0 for UT2k4, why not give it a try with a free download? I've been craving to try it, but I held off buying UT2k3 just for this mod (which I've seen a lot of people in the RO boards do)...