US slams Israel's decision to expand settlements

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No thats your interpretation of what he is saying......
Any anti-Israeli fanboy would read into what he said what you are reading...

It's my interpretation of actual events. There's a major divide among Israelis, too, with the Left holding that perpetual occupation is infeasible & the right obfuscating around their belief that it is. It's the Right that's been making policy for a very long time, and they still are-

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/isra...o-maintain-the-occupation-status-quo-1.431139

UN recognition of a Palestinian state is actually progress towards a two state solution, but the Israeli govt is furious because of it- defiant, spiteful & vindictive. Their true intentions are revealed by their own actions.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
People claim Israel is an "apartheid" state and I gave evidence how it isn't
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations inconsolable, you have proved to only your self that Israel is not an Apartheid State. The problem is that other countries and international bodies like the Hague and ICC may now decide differently. And hate to break it to you, their decisions carry more weight than your opinions do.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I not sure how Fresh the news is but Israwel now is with holding the tax monies it collects for the PA yet again.

And now that the Palestinians have achieved Statehood Status, it long past due time to let the Palestinians collect their own tax monies.

But because its clear that Israerl can't be trusted.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I not sure how Fresh the news is but Israwel now is with holding the tax monies it collects for the PA yet again.

And now that the Palestinians have achieved Statehood Status, it long past due time to let the Palestinians collect their own tax monies.

But because its clear that Israerl can't be trusted.

How about the Palestinians pay their bills. In the other thread is mote details than your selective filtering

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
How about the Palestinians pay their bills. In the other thread is mote details than your selective filtering
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ek, don't worry your pretty head over that, the Palestinians will be more than able to pay their bills, once Israel quits collecting their taxa and when Israel loses the ability to ration Palestinian water, Palestinian imports and exports, its Israel that may have problems paying their bills. As Israel is going to have to take back some 500,000 illegal settlers into their 1948 borders.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
People claim Israel is an "apartheid" state and I gave evidence how it isn't

What a delusional twit you are. Apartheid isn't about gays or women's attire, at all, but the separation of entire populations at gunpoint.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
As long as there is an "enemy" launching missiles, setting off bombs and murdering their citizens, I see absolutely no reason why Israel should make any concessions in regard to settlements. If you want the settlements to stop then stop the war being raged against Israel by their enemies. After 10 or 20 years of peace then we can see about settlements.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As long as there is an "enemy" launching missiles, setting off bombs and murdering their citizens, I see absolutely no reason why Israel should make any concessions in regard to settlements. If you want the settlements to stop then stop the war being raged against Israel by their enemies. After 10 or 20 years of peace then we can see about settlements.

And to think my mom told me two wrongs didn't make a right; settlement activity is not related to attacks on Israel, it has continued regardless.

Apparently you are a supporter of rogue states. You are of course welcome to do so, but don't complain when other countries go rogue either. This slavish devotion to Israel is one aspect of the American right that I will never understand. France doesn't want to follow us into a foolish war of choice? SCREW YOU COMMIES, FREEDOM FRIES. Israel wants us to start a foolish war of choice? WHERE DO WE SIGN UP.

Apr 27, 2012
What a delusional twit you are. Apartheid isn't about gays or women's attire, at all, but the separation of entire populations at gunpoint.

I think that should be applied to you, gotta love how left wingers resort to insults when there wrong

There is more freedom in Israel than in Gaza, did you not see what happened to those 5 or 6 men who were executed onsite and dragged behind motorcycles for "allegedly" spying for Israel

You also conveniently forget that there are Muslims in Israel who enjoy freedom and the same rights as everyone else and some of them are even elected politicians, Yeah that sure sounds like apartheid:confused:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
And to think my mom told me two wrongs didn't make a right; settlement activity is not related to attacks on Israel, it has continued regardless.

Apparently you are a supporter of rogue states. You are of course welcome to do so, but don't complain when other countries go rogue either. This slavish devotion to Israel is one aspect of the American right that I will never understand. France doesn't want to follow us into a foolish war of choice? SCREW YOU COMMIES, FREEDOM FRIES. Israel wants us to start a foolish war of choice? WHERE DO WE SIGN UP.

You and other Israel/jewish haters are just trying to complicate what is a pretty simple issue. Israel has a right to exist and not have war waged upon it. Have the terrorist attacks and the murders stop and then you can begin negotiations.

Apr 27, 2012
You and other Israel/jewish haters are just trying to complicate what is a pretty simple issue. Israel has a right to exist and not have war waged upon it. Have the terrorist attacks and the murders stop and then you can begin negotiations.

This is really what the criticism towards Israel is about, its funny they whine about Israel but dont say anything about other countries doing much worse, According to them its more important to attack the Jewish state

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ek, don't worry your pretty head over that, the Palestinians will be more than able to pay their bills, once Israel quits collecting their taxa and when Israel loses the ability to ration Palestinian water, Palestinian imports and exports, its Israel that may have problems paying their bills. As Israel is going to have to take back some 500,000 illegal settlers into their 1948 borders.

And who is going to close the settlements?

Who is going to enforce Palestinian wishes?

Treaties/agreements. We have seen what the Palestinian agreements previously have been worth.

What stops Israel from turning off the lights? The Palestinians have not paid their bills

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

This is really what the criticism towards Israel is about, its funny they whine about Israel but dont say anything about other countries doing much worse, According to them its more important to attack the Jewish state

This is what Israeli fanbois resort to when they run out of arguments- just smear Israel's detractors with the anti-semite brush.

That won't work anymore. If the Israelis weren't Jewish, if America didn't labor under a self imposed guilt trip over the Holocaust, we'd condemn them just the same way we condemned the apartheid regime in S Africa.

Why should this country, founded on the separation of church & state, support any country based on religion, whether that's the "Jewish State" or any other?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
This is what Israeli fanbois resort to when they run out of arguments- just smear Israel's detractors with the anti-semite brush.

That won't work anymore. If the Israelis weren't Jewish, if America didn't labor under a self imposed guilt trip over the Holocaust, we'd condemn them just the same way we condemned the apartheid regime in S Africa.

Why should this country, founded on the separation of church & state, support any country based on religion, whether that's the "Jewish State" or any other?

There's basically no way to talk to hateful bigots like you about Israel. As long as Israel is under attack and having war waged on it I see no reason for it to make things easier for their enemies to destroy them. No other nation has to or would ever have to put up with the murderous attacks that Israel is subject to almost every day. The United States, Canada, Spain or any other country would never be expected to endure what Israel does.

Last edited:

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
stepping aside from the argument between you two - i have a Q.

why do you (jhhnn) suppose the us has a guilt trip over ww2? the us, brits etc SAVED them. there is nothing to feel guilty about. it's the old germans that need to feel guilt for supporting/being part of nazi germany. young germans bear no guilt over what their parents/grandparents did so the idea of anyone not directly involved feeling any guilt whatsoever is completely alien to me as a concept

Sep 12, 2004
Actually, apartheid is specifically a racial issue and the twits are those foisting that word on the Israel/Palestine situation. The issue is not a racial one, except maybe in the eyes of the Palestinians and all of their Jew-hating rhetoric.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Actually, apartheid is specifically a racial issue and the twits are those foisting that word on the Israel/Palestine situation. The issue is not a racial one, except maybe in the eyes of the Palestinians and all of their Jew-hating rhetoric.

Apartheid doesn't specifically have to have a racial element to it, plus you'll find plenty of people on both sides of the argument that would say that the Israel/Palestine thing is partially racial.

Apr 27, 2012

So an anti-semite makes up some bs for his dislike of Israel, Israel is the only Jewish country and you decide to attack it yet nothing about the others that are much worse

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So an anti-semite makes up some bs for his dislike of Israel, Israel is the only Jewish country and you decide to attack it yet nothing about the others that are much worse

Ok the others are bad as well.

Feel better?

Still doesn't make Israels behavior any more acceptable.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There's basically no way to talk to hateful bigots like you about Israel. As long as Israel is under attack and having war waged on it I see no reason for it to make things easier for their enemies to destroy them. No other nation has to or would ever have to put up with the murderous attacks that Israel is subject to almost every day. The United States, Canada, Spain or any other country would never be expected to endure what Israel does.

As long as Israel continues to occupy Palestinian territory & annex even more of it, as long as they engage in economic warfare against people they rule & deny them full rights, they'll be under sporadic attack, yes. That's what occupations accomplish, and have since the dawn of history. Resistance will occur, people will fight back with whatever they can muster.

Sep 12, 2004
Apartheid doesn't specifically have to have a racial element to it, plus you'll find plenty of people on both sides of the argument that would say that the Israel/Palestine thing is partially racial.
If it doesn't have a racial element to it then it isn't apartheid according to the UN's own definition. The only reason it is ever used in this situation is because certain people want to employ a highly emotionally charged word, nothing more.

Apr 27, 2012
Ok the others are bad as well.

Feel better?

Still doesn't make Israels behavior any more acceptable.

I dont agree with everything Israel has done but I would rather support them where they have higher respect for freedom unlike the tyrants in the middle east and leftists/progressives

Look at Gaza, there is no freedom, 6 men executed and dragged for spying along with the other countries in the middle east