Question Upgraded to Windows 11 -- seems my fans are on max?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
I had to edit the BIOS on my motherboard to enable the TPM, but aside from that haven't done a heck of a lot... anybody know why my fans might be going nuts? It sounds like the fans from my AIO (which is a Corsair H110 or something), but I'm not entirely sure. My CPU/GPU load is basically zero, so I really don't know why they are all going nuts. Appreciate if anybody has any insight or ideas on what I should be setting things to in the BIOS, and how my fans should be connected. I haven't touched them in so long that I honestly don't recall, but I have an NZXT h700i case, the Corsair cooler, and a Zotac 3080 GPU.

Right now the fans are cycling high and low over and over, so it will go quiet for a few seconds, then back to an airplane engine. It's really annoying. I don't recall them being this loud with Windows 10 so kind of at a loss.

EDIT: it's my case fans... just opened the case to check and make sure.

Last edited:

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I had to edit the BIOS on my motherboard to enable the TPM, but aside from that haven't done a heck of a lot... anybody know why my fans might be going nuts? It sounds like the fans from my AIO (which is a Corsair H110 or something), but I'm not entirely sure. My CPU/GPU load is basically zero, so I really don't know why they are all going nuts. Appreciate if anybody has any insight or ideas on what I should be setting things to in the BIOS, and how my fans should be connected. I haven't touched them in so long that I honestly don't recall, but I have an NZXT h700i case, the Corsair cooler, and a Zotac 3080 GPU.

Right now the fans are cycling high and low over and over, so it will go quiet for a few seconds, then back to an airplane engine. It's really annoying. I don't recall them being this loud with Windows 10 so kind of at a loss.

EDIT: it's my case fans... just opened the case to check and make sure.

Make sure they are set in the bios to either pwm (4pin) or voltage/DC (3pin) depending on what they are. If you updated your bios then all your settings went back to defaults.