• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Upgraded to Windows 11 -- seems my fans are on max?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
I had to edit the BIOS on my motherboard to enable the TPM, but aside from that haven't done a heck of a lot... anybody know why my fans might be going nuts? It sounds like the fans from my AIO (which is a Corsair H110 or something), but I'm not entirely sure. My CPU/GPU load is basically zero, so I really don't know why they are all going nuts. Appreciate if anybody has any insight or ideas on what I should be setting things to in the BIOS, and how my fans should be connected. I haven't touched them in so long that I honestly don't recall, but I have an NZXT h700i case, the Corsair cooler, and a Zotac 3080 GPU.

Right now the fans are cycling high and low over and over, so it will go quiet for a few seconds, then back to an airplane engine. It's really annoying. I don't recall them being this loud with Windows 10 so kind of at a loss.

EDIT: it's my case fans... just opened the case to check and make sure.

Last edited:

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Odd. I have a 200i case, and the Cam software is running fine in W11.

Do you have the latest version?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
Odd. I have a 200i case, and the Cam software is running fine in W11.

Do you have the latest version?
Apparently my fan controller seems to be wonky... getting a replacement with some pretty RGB stuff and see if that fixes it.

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I had to edit the BIOS on my motherboard to enable the TPM, but aside from that haven't done a heck of a lot... anybody know why my fans might be going nuts? It sounds like the fans from my AIO (which is a Corsair H110 or something), but I'm not entirely sure. My CPU/GPU load is basically zero, so I really don't know why they are all going nuts. Appreciate if anybody has any insight or ideas on what I should be setting things to in the BIOS, and how my fans should be connected. I haven't touched them in so long that I honestly don't recall, but I have an NZXT h700i case, the Corsair cooler, and a Zotac 3080 GPU.

Right now the fans are cycling high and low over and over, so it will go quiet for a few seconds, then back to an airplane engine. It's really annoying. I don't recall them being this loud with Windows 10 so kind of at a loss.

EDIT: it's my case fans... just opened the case to check and make sure.
Make sure they are set in the bios to either pwm (4pin) or voltage/DC (3pin) depending on what they are. If you updated your bios then all your settings went back to defaults.

ASK THE COMMUNITY