UPDATED w/ New Info! In desperate need of help (DC & ARLINGTON people)! Shipped laptop to DC but no money received

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Very interesting update there. Have you tried contacting the police in that area with the new information to see if they will now open an investigation since you have a suspect?

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
A couple of tidbits about that area......

1: it is a VERY rough area
2: it is very close to the Arlington county courthouse

kendogg

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
First off id like to appologize for not keeping this thread up to date. During the first couple months I guess you can say I was very aggressive in this so called investigation... My only resources being the internet and other people whom Ive spoken to over the phone and on AT, sadly to say I quickly lost hope. But as mentioned above member "furor" was able to attain this guys info. I shared this info with my friends gf's sister (ironically her name is Sue) whom is a lawyer. She was kind enough to take time aside and write up a small claims form for me. I then headed down to superior court located in Fullerton to file it and get a court hearing, the small claims clerk reviewed the form but she said that she wouldnt be able to serve him because hes located in VA or something along that line. Basically I wasnt able to get a court hearing. I tried calling Sue's cell phone but I kept receiving her voicemail. So I just left the court house and decided to email her. She never replied back to me. I honestly dont want people to be obligated to help me. The last thing I want to do is nag people with my problems. I try my hardest to get my mind off of this because thats just the way I am... when I have a burden I just wanna forget about it.. im sure others are the same way... but when I start thinking about this I get a gut wrenching feeling :( 1500$ down the drain.

I still have all the paper work for the small claims. I suppose ill try calling sue or the court house to see what other options I have to get this guy.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Furor
here's a lil more info that may help..

Harvey McDaniel
1804 N Quinn St
Arlington, VA 22209

date of birth february 18th, 1964

202 - 463 - 9047 < - home
571 - 243 - 5876 < - other cell

how heck did you find out that info based on the name harold perkins??

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Originally posted by: kendogg
First off id like to appologize for not keeping this thread up to date. During the first couple months I guess you can say I was very aggressive in this so called investigation... My only resources being the internet and other people whom Ive spoken to over the phone and on AT, sadly to say I quickly lost hope. But as mentioned above member "furor" was able to attain this guys info. I shared this info with my friends gf's sister (ironically her name is Sue) whom is a lawyer. She was kind enough to take time aside and write up a small claims form for me. I then headed down to superior court located in Fullerton to file it and get a court hearing, the small claims clerk reviewed the form but she said that she wouldnt be able to serve him because hes located in VA or something along that line. Basically I wasnt able to get a court hearing. I tried calling Sue's cell phone but I kept receiving her voicemail. So I just left the court house and decided to email her. She never replied back to me. I honestly dont want people to be obligated to help me. The last thing I want to do is nag people with my problems. I try my hardest to get my mind off of this because thats just the way I am... when I have a burden I just wanna forget about it.. im sure others are the same way... but when I start thinking about this I get a gut wrenching feeling :( 1500$ down the drain.

I still have all the paper work for the small claims. I suppose ill try calling sue or the court house to see what other options I have to get this guy.

Ouch, too bad it didn't go any better.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Harvey McDaniel
1804 N Quinn St
Arlington, VA 22209

date of birth february 18th, 1964

202 - 463 - 9047 < - home
571 - 243 - 5876 < - other cell
The only thing I can see as being wrong with this information is the home phone number. The area codes used in Northern Virginia are either 703 or 571. The '202' is a D.C. area code.

Thanks for providing the updates, KenDogg. Hopefully, there is some resolution to this whole mess for you.