UPDATED: ITS OFFICIAL, CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA IS VOTED BEST ON ATOT! 64 to 55 (7.5%) Win for Chicago Style.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
Originally posted by: geckojohn
New York thin crust pizza pwns Chicago pizzer. The bread on the thick crust fills you up, it gets old after a while. There's nothing better than thin crust pizza.

Also, there's nothing better than cold pizza.

edited for the typo :beer:

Only because you haven't eaten good pizza.

NY pizza > all other pizza. The best pizza you'll ever eat is in a smokey hole in the wall somewhere in brookyln.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Definatly absolutely 100% for sure hands down no competition Chicago style Pizza owns.

I'll take Lou Malnatis over any non-chicago based pizza joint in the world.

though I may be a little bit biased since I am only a 30 minute drive from chicago.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Chicago. I always thought NY Pizza was defective, until someone told me it was like that on purpose. WTF?

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I voted New York but I prefer crust a wee bit thicker, but deep dish is too thick for my blood. I'll eat any of it though :)

marleymarl

Oct 5, 2001
This poll is flawed. All the people saying "ny style" probably havent had a REAL NY Pizza from NY. Probably had a NY Stlye Pizza from god knows where. Everyone from NY knows, what makes the great pizza and the great bagels is the upstate NY water. So, all you people dissing on the NY Pizza, have you actually had a slice from a real NYC pizza place?

ZippyDan

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2001
agreed. its the public water that makes the pizza of nyc. maybe the best water in the world. not even in the rest of ny state will u find water as good as on the island

with that said though, italy definately has absolutely fantastic public water drunk fresh from the fountains, that is just as good as new york's. which makes sense cuz their pizza rivals new york, of course (italian pizza should be on the list, but as this is USA.... nyc pizza is italian pizza). its the water

that said i love chicago pizza. its a toss up

~Zippy!

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Chicago style pizza is for greasy-chinned fatties. New York style is the best. And, by the way, in New York they make a Sicilian style thick crust pizza that owns any greasy Chicago style pizza.

Where the hell is the crust in NY style? Its no where my friends! NY style sucks a$$. It in no way shape or form resembles what a pizza should be. If I wanted a new york style pizza, I'd go buy a think crust frozen pizza. Piss on that. Even people from new york that I have met say that their pizza is ass compared to Chicago. Your thick crust is our thin. How horrible.

GO CHICAGO!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
chicago thin crust style > all

best pizza i ever had was at a fox's pub in chicago

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Ray's Pizza - 6th and 11th - people come from afar to get Ray's Pizza - the only REAL Ray's you'll find in NYC is on 6th ave and 11th street - clearly the best in the city.
I've never had Chicago pizza so I can't say, but I'm not as big a fan of deep dish as I am regular crust.

Dec 28, 2001
We're winning!

Even some of the Noo Yohkas are admitting that Chicago Pizza (ergo, Chicago in general ;)) is better!

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Pizza in my hometown is the best. It is real thick crust. Everywhere I go outside of town has thincrust pizza where the outside crust is only 1/2" thick. I need good 1.5" crust.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I've had both. Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn and UNO's in Chicago. UNO's wins for the best pizza crust ever! Grimaldi's wins for the freshness of the ingredients, not to mention that the brick ovens at Grimaldi's can cook a large pizza in 7 minutes.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hate to bump an old thread (missing the poll too), but I have to agree with this:
Originally posted by: ElFenix
chicago thin crust style > all

best pizza i ever had was at a fox's pub in chicago
You have to try Vito & Nick's pizza, almost wafer thin and AWESOME. There's no middle ground, you want pizza either super thick or super thin and Chicago does it best.