UPDATED: ITS OFFICIAL, CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA IS VOTED BEST ON ATOT! 64 to 55 (7.5%) Win for Chicago Style.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: agnitrate
HELLL no... NY is winning?? :confused:

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you like deep dish? There's more room for everything! If you haven't had a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza from Chicago, you haven't had real pizza.

-silver

Giordano's PWNS all other pizzas, end of story. Giordano's Hey New Yorkers, even your vaunted New York Times calls Giordano's "The Ultimate Pizza"
SUCK ON THAT!!!!! :p

i don't know if its right for me to take sides, but... hehehe. :beer:

I was saving my trump card for just this particular scenario :D:beer:

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001

Giordano's PWNS all other pizzas, end of story. Giordano's Hey New Yorkers, even your vaunted New York Times calls Giordano's "The Ultimate Pizza"

I haven't had Giordano's recently but they're both quite good. I'd take both :p

-silver

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: agnitrate
HELLL no... NY is winning?? :confused:

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you like deep dish? There's more room for everything! If you haven't had a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza from Chicago, you haven't had real pizza.

-silver

i don't know if its right for me to take sides, but... hehehe. :beer: A i suck at poll making and you suck at linking. take the apostrophe out, btw. What do you think of Malnatis?

Gino's East Downtown Chicago was the best i ever had and i had giordanos many times.

for me, Chicago style makes the better meal, NY style makes the better fast food / snack.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Malnati's Chicago Style

Reminds me of Giordano's :)
Beats the crap out of this Pizza Hut "deep-pan" junk I'm eating
rolleye.gif

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Chicago, no question. To me, NY style is just regular pizza.

Edit: And while Giordano's and Gino's East is good, the best I've had so far is Bella Bacino's...sooooo goooood....Connie's isn't bad, either.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I prefer New York (East Coast thin crust w/ cheese), as long as the crust is thin and crisp, but still somewhat chewy.

However, Chicago is good, too, for a change of pace. I do love tomatos, so the deep dish can hook me up with a cheese/tomato/garlic fix. The crust needs to be crispy, flakey, and flavorful.

R

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
I can safely say that the best pizza I've ever had was a cold piece of Giordano's. I don't know why I love cold pizza more than hot pizza...it's strange

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
I can safely say that the best pizza I've ever had was a cold piece of Giordano's. I don't know why I love cold pizza more than hot pizza...it's strange

these replies, yet Chi town is still losing the poll...?? New Yorkers brag their pizza can come out in 3 minutes, well to that I say good things come to those that wait. :). Ill wait 12-15 minutes for a MEAL.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

I'll second that! What is it about Giordano's that makes it so good? I dunno, maybe it's the toe jam in the tomato sauce? ;)

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

these replies, yet Chi town is still losing the poll...?? New Yorkers brag their pizza can come out in 3 minutes, well to that I say good things come to those that wait. :). Ill wait 12-15 minutes for a MEAL.

I already told you, there's too many "New Yohkers" on here that skew the poll. Everyone who's not from the East Coast knows Chicago style pizza is better. Oh well, their own newspaper betrayed them (see earlier post) so I just sit back and laugh :D

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
New York thin crust pizza pwns Chicago pizzer. The bread on the thick crust fills you up, it gets old after a while. There's nothing better than thin crust pizza.

Also, there's nothing worse than cold pizza.

csf

Banned
Aug 5, 2001
Can someone explain what's so unique and appealing about NY pizza? It just seems like a standard, nondescript greasy piece of pizza with nothing much to set it apart. I haven't had real Chicago pizza, but I voted for it because the idea of a thick, filled pizza just sounds more appetizing and less mundane.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
bah, all that chewy dough in chicago style pizza. **blech**

NY Style all the way. I just evened it up 50/50!

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
The options are Chicago and New York, people. Nowhere do Hawaii, Fargo, Missouri, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Boston, or any other location come into play.
Chicago.
New York.

It's not that hard now, is it?

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
I had to vote Chicago, even though I've never had true Chicago pizza(I will this summer though). Best pizza I've founf on the left coast is at the Northlake Tavern & Pizza House in Seattle. Absolute best pizza I've ever tasted, and when three fat guys can't finsh a large pie, I'm impressed. It's all about toppings, and lots of them!

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: 95SS
I had to vote Chicago, even though I've never had true Chicago pizza(I will this summer though). Best pizza I've founf on the left coast is at the Northlake Tavern & Pizza House in Seattle. Absolute best pizza I've ever tasted, and when three fat guys can't finsh a large pie, I'm impressed. It's all about toppings, and lots of them!

there's a certain limit to the number of toppings...more than 3-4 toppings is ridiculous to me. But thats just me...my tastes are unique :beer::D

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: geckojohn
New York thin crust pizza pwns Chicago pizzer. The bread on the thick crust fills you up, it gets old after a while. There's nothing better than thin crust pizza.

Also, there's nothing better than cold pizza.

edited for the typo :beer: