*update*vandalized again Is it just my poor observation or do most political oriented vandalisms attack the Republicans?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Who said anyone who writes "fvck bush" in the bathroom is a liberal? Thats news to me. The majority of the world must be liberal then, since Bush is the most unpopular American president in history.

Also remember who bombed the Oklahama building? Or murdered abortion doctors, and bombed Abortion clinics? Who as Whistling mention assassinated JFK, Martin Luther King, RFK? Far right wing crazies.

He's the most unpopular because he isn't the world's lapdog like Clinton was. When the world said "Jump", Clinton was already flying through the air. The world hates it that they can't just push us around anymore.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Who said anyone who writes "fvck bush" in the bathroom is a liberal? Thats news to me. The majority of the world must be liberal then, since Bush is the most unpopular American president in history.

Also remember who bombed the Oklahama building? Or murdered abortion doctors, and bombed Abortion clinics? Who as Whistling mention assassinated JFK, Martin Luther King, RFK? Far right wing crazies.

Do you have something to support that claim that bush is the most unpopular president or are you doing the liberal thing of pulling sh1t out of your ass.

KK

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: alchemize

Unabomber? [...]

You're right...leftist extremists are fairy tales.
Where on earth do you get the absolutely ludicrous idea that the Unabomber can even be considered to be anywhere near liberal? Was it you who made this blatantly false claim before, too?

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: KK

[...]are you doing the liberal thing of pulling sh1t out of your ass.
Do conservatives pull sh!t like "The unabomber is a leftist extremist" out of their mouths? That's pretty disgusting.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: rjain
Originally posted by: KK

[...]are you doing the liberal thing of pulling sh1t out of your ass.
Do conservatives pull sh!t like "The unabomber is a leftist extremist" out of their mouths? That's pretty disgusting.
It is an irrelevant distinction when one has one's head up his you-know-what.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Conservatives who disagree with "liberal culture" and the United Nations, and whatnot, KILL people. Witness Timothy McVeigh, Eric Robert Rudolph, and the countless anti-abortion "activists" that have shot doctors.

Edit: I should clarify my statement. it seems that liberals are VANDALS when irrational and politicaly motivated, while conservatives are TERRORISTS when in said condition.

NeoPTLD

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ELP
Originally posted by: NeoPTLD
...allowed to make civil disturbance to make their point, but vandalism against their posters and arrests of protesters are considered denial of 1st amendment right and human rights?

How can you compare the 'vandalism' of your sticker to arresting protesters?

The government isn't coming in and telling you can't put up your 'W' or other Republicrat expressions. Only when you are arrested for being pro-Bush, can you seriously compare the two.

...and yes, I agree with the vandalism part. If caught, they should be prosecuted as such. Vandalism and protesting are most often vastly different.

No, my point was their double standard and hypocrisy is strong.

They're entitled to express their view by unlawful means(obstruction of traffic)
The opposing party isn't entitled to express their view lawfully(posting things within their private domain)
They're entitield to defacing the opposing party's view by an unlawful mean(vandalism)

Peacefully posting what I want on my door to them isn't my right according to them as they feel the need to deface it.
Shouting down the opposing view by illegal means is their right.
In protest, creating a civil disturbance is their right.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: preslove
Conservatives who disagree with "liberal culture" and the United Nations, and whatnot, KILL people. Witness Timothy McVeigh, Eric Robert Rudolph, and the countless anti-abortion "activists" that have shot doctors.

Edit: I should clarify my statement. it seems that liberals are VANDALS when irrational and politicaly motivated, while conservatives are TERRORISTS when in said condition.

How many liberal Doctors have killed innocent children through abortions.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Again, try to defend the conservative terrorists. You don't see liberals blowing up federal buildings with daycares in them, do you?

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Can we not discuss this without having to resort to pointing out the extremes on both sides? Extremists do not represent either side. They exist and are an anomaly.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
How many liberal Doctors have killed innocent children through abortions.

Do conservatives actually believe this bullsh!t?

Do liberals actually believe that a child's life is something that can be tossed away at will?

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII

Do liberals actually believe that a child's life is something that can be tossed away at will?

Yes, XZeroII, they do. But they don't consider it a child yet. You know that this argument is going no where except round and round. Why bother?

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Can we not discuss this without having to resort to pointing out the extremes on both sides? Extremists do not represent either side. They exist and are an anomaly.

I agree, to a point. The problem is that a great many conservatives agree with many of the tactics that Eric Rudolph and his doctor/nurse/police mudering cohorts use. Eric Rudolph was assisted by friendly conservatives while he was hiding out in the mountains. People like xzero think its some sort of retribution for doctors who perform abortions.

Both sides have wackos and @$$holes that will breach civil discourse with violence against people and property, it's just that when liberals do it it tends to be petty. Of course there are the cases of eco-terrorists setting SUV's on fire, but this is alot different than setting a pipe bomb outside a medical facility or shooting a 72 year old doctor in the face with a shotgun.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001

I agree, to a point. The problem is that a great many conservatives agree with many of the tactics that Eric Rudolph and his doctor/nurse/police mudering cohorts use. Eric Rudolph was assisted by friendly conservatives while he was hiding out in the mountains. People like subzero think its some sort of retribution for doctors who perform abortions.

Both sides have wackos and @$$holes that will breach civil discourse with violence against people and property, it's just that when liberals do it it tends to be petty. Of course there are the cases of eco-terrorists setting SUV's on fire, but this is alot different than setting a pipe bomb outside a medical facility or shooting a 72 year old doctor in the face with a shotgun.

Ummm, that's pure BS and you know it. Replace "conservatives" in your first paragraph with "criminals" or "crazy people" and you'd be making sense. That's like saying most Liberals agree with PETA or ALF.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Ummm, that's pure BS and you know it. Replace "conservatives" in your first paragraph with "criminals" or "crazy people" and you'd be making sense. That's like saying most Liberals agree with PETA or ALF.

First off, PETA is a legal organization that does not condone or commit acts of vandalism or terrorism. As for "ALF" you are either referring to a television sitcom alien with a fondness for eating cats or "ELF"-- Earth Liberation Front. You will be hard pressed to find a liberal on this forum who agrees with ELF's tactics. xzero on the other hand has demonstrated how many conservatives agree with Eric Rudolph and other people fighting for their "cause" of killing abortion clinic doctors and nurses. This is a movement with quite a large following in the south and southwest.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001

First off, PETA is a legal organization that does not condone or commit acts of vandalism or terrorism. As for "ALF" you are either referring to a television sitcom alien with a fondness for eating cats or "ELF"-- Earth Liberation Front. You will be hard pressed to find a liberal on this forum who agrees with ELF's tactics. Subzero on the other hand has demonstrated how many conservatives agree with Eric Rudolph and other people fighting for their "cause" of killing abortion clinic doctors and nurses. This is a movement with quite a large following in the south and southwest.

I was thinking ALF (Animal Liberation Front). Generalizing is claiming that "majority of conservatives" support killing abortion doctors and nurses is just plain stupid. But if you want to prove me wrong, go ahead. I'm waiting. BTW, a website to armyofgod.com isn't proving it.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
I never said "majority of Conservatives," so putting it in quotes is misleading. There is a small, but active organization of advocates for the murdering of abortion doctors. It operates on the fringes of the fundamentalist christian "pro-life" community. Most pro-lifers do not condone these acts, but a great many do. XZeroII is apparently one of them. It's just a little offshoot of the broader political and social movement that is fundamentalist christianity.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
I never said "majority of Conservatives," so putting it in quotes is misleading. There is a small, but active organization of advocates for the murdering of abortion doctors. It operates on the fringes of the fundamentalist christian "pro-life" community. Most pro-lifers do not condone these acts, but a great many do. XZeroII is apparently one of them. It's just a little offshoot of the broader political and social movement that is fundamentalist christianity.

Well, that sounds more reasonable. But you did say:

The problem is that a great many conservatives agree with many of the tactics that Eric Rudolph and his doctor/nurse/police mudering cohorts use

What you wrote at the top of this post is a lot more reasonable and if you notice, makes no mention of conservatives. A = B and C = B, but A != C. So let me just say that I agree with your quote at the top of this post.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Hey NeoPTLD, maybe you're simply taking your isolated incident out of context and applying it to the world at-large? Is it possible you share your dorm with a bunch of asshats?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

"A few" pro-lifers would be the most accurate instead of "a great many"
rolleye.gif
and No XZeroII does not believe in murder - how nice of you to try to say so though. Most pro-lifers would agree that Abortion is murder but few condone the murder of those performing these murders.;)

Anyway - this isn't an abortion thread.

There are kooks on both sides and for anyone to say one side's fringe is "fringier"(dubbya word;)) than the other's is pure BS. You have the KKK and then the black panthers(or the "New panthers or whatever they are) you have environmentalist wackos and then you have the religious extremists. You have dirty Unions and you have dirty Corporations. The list could go on and on. This discussion is really pretty silly. IMO ofcourse :D

Edit - I think DM hit it on the head - Dorms can and will be full of asshats:)

CkG

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
There still are alot of people who agree with the Eric Rudolph's and Paul Hill's running around. It is by no means a majority of conservatives, but it's still scary.

"Great Many" is an ambiguous phrase, I agree, but I did not consider it connote "majority."

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
There still are alot of people who agree with the Eric Rudolph's and Paul Hill's running around. It is by no means a majority of conservatives, but it's still scary.

"Great Many" is an ambiguous phrase, I agree, but I did not consider it connote "majority."

preslove, there are still alot of people who think that the moon landing was faked. It's a free country. Heck, I'd be willing to bet there's a lot of people on these forums who would love to see the president choke on another pretzel. Again, it's a free country.

NeoPTLD

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Hey NeoPTLD, maybe you're simply taking your isolated incident out of context and applying it to the world at-large? Is it possible you share your dorm with a bunch of asshats?

My roommate and I have other stuff on our door too. Nothing but the Bush sticker gets vandalized. If they want to be an ass, it would make sense for them to destroy things on the door by random.

Bush and W stickers I have had to replace: 3
Other stuff that needed replacement: 0