Upcoming AMD Richland A10-6700 - Radeon HD 8670D tested!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Enigmoid

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2012
Useless as long as AMD didn't solve their micro stuttering mess.

If you thought it was bad on the desktop on mobile its 10 times worse.

I'm not seeing anything special about the results too. 8790m is a solid competitor to the 650m and I would expect similar results from the dgpu alone.

Aug 11, 2008
If you thought it was bad on the desktop on mobile its 10 times worse.

I'm not seeing anything special about the results too. 8790m is a solid competitor to the 650m and I would expect similar results from the dgpu alone.

Had a hard time reading the results. Besides that, the tests didn't seem well planned. They should have tested apu alone, dgpu alone, and the combination. If I read the graphs correctly, most of the time the apu plus the dgpu was equal to or slower than a gt650 m. I would have liked clearer data on the apu alone. If I am reading the results correctly, I am not impressed. I would not bother with the possible hassles of assymetric crossfire when a low/mid discrete card gives similar performance. I would reserve judgement however until more tests are done.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I tried the 6670 for 1 day in my Current Setup - and then sold the 6670 the next day. I even had a thread started to do some comparisons - but I found half the games performed worse when dual graphics were enabled - and also had some other weird things happen. I've used Crossfire before and been happy with it overall (7970 Crossfire, 5970 + 5870 Tri-Fire)

It made most things worse than better.

I wouldn't recommend it.