Unemployment graphic tracking the trend since Jan 07

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Like watching one of those virus/zombie outbreak maps in the movies.

Michigan is just ridiculous.

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
Huh. Guess I actually have one single legitimate reason to be happy I live in Nebraska.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
I wish this thing had colors for unemployment up to 30&#37; so we could see the horrible places.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Like watching one of those virus/zombie outbreak maps in the movies.

Michigan is just ridiculous.

I was going to post:
:biggrin: @ Michigan.

:D

They were ahead of the curve - they looked like shit before every other state looked like shit. We're all just following the Michigan bandwagon apparently, it's the cool thing to do.

Obvious answer is to give Michigan to Canada, lock down the Michigan borders. Michigan infected Toledo forever ago, and went on to infect the rest of Ohio. Bastards.

That state is just ran terribly. I don't know why, but Michigan is just an oozing infected sore that needs some serious attention but never gets it. Doesn't help to have that, well, whatever you want to call Detroit. :p

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
I was going to post:
:biggrin: @ Michigan.

:D

They were ahead of the curve - they looked like shit before every other state looked like shit. We're all just following the Michigan bandwagon apparently, it's the cool thing to do.

Obvious answer is to give Michigan to Canada, lock down the Michigan borders. Michigan infected Toledo forever ago, and went on to infect the rest of Ohio. Bastards.

That state is just ran terribly. I don't know why, but Michigan is just an oozing infected sore that needs some serious attention but never gets it. Doesn't help to have that, well, whatever you want to call Detroit. :p

Michigan is like the guy that you prescribe antibiotics and stops taking them when they start to feel better and the issue keeps recurring...:p

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001

The scary part is is that the Michigan Governor was part of the Obama Economic Advisory Team after he was elected. She was up for a Cabinet position but decided to stay as Governor.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
and those numbers are under-stated. the US gov. repeatedly changes the way they measure unemployment.

check out John Williams' work @
http://www.ShadowStats.com/

he's an economist who used to work for the government & got tired of the goalposts repeatedly being moved. he puts the current unemployment number at about 20&#37;.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
I'd much prefer to see a graph with more information. Rather than stopping the graph at the now-current average, the numbers should go at least to 20&#37;.

As it stands, the graph's clipping half of the data by the end.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
So what your saying is we need to move to Nebraska.
There are always jobs here. In Lincoln, the unemployment rate is currently 4.2&#37; and it often dips into the 2% range. The jobs aren't really high paying though. The median job pays about $35k and the median household makes under $50k. The cost of living is about 20% less than average, but costs certainly aren't rock bottom like places in Missouri.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Wow, my county is like an oasis of low unemployment in a sea of black. (Centre county, PA)

I attribute that 95&#37; of the economy here is based in some way off Penn State University, which is largely unaffected by the bad economy.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
The scary part is is that the Michigan Governor was part of the Obama Economic Advisory Team after he was elected. She was up for a Cabinet position but decided to stay as Governor.

Maybe someday, in my dreams, people will realize jacking up taxes on the very businesses that provide jobs and giving the money to people who DON'T have jobs is a really bad idea.

Gov Granholm is the epitomy of this stupid ideal that perpetually fails. And unfortunately Obama is right in step with her.