Undercover police try to incite riot at Montebello conference

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Video
Picture Proof
CBC story

Yet more evidence of our police state.
The cops will admit nothing and in the end no action will be taken.

Update 1:

Higher resolution pic-
http://www.cupe.ca/gallery/mon...llo_20_ao_t_050?full=1

You can clearly see that the boot treads are exactly the same. And to top it off, there are reports that there is no record of their arrest; only 4 unrelated and earlier that consisted of 2 men and 2 women.

Update 2:

Police admit the three were undercover cops! Just there to "monitor the crowd". Rocks making a great monitoring tool dont they?
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story...ontebello.html?ref=rss

(Thanks to Martin for the link)

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: wazzledoozle
Video
Picture Proof
CBC story

Are you Canadian?

This took place in Canada (your profile shows the USA)

Otherwise, I don't really understand what it is the police were trying to achieve if the allegations are true. What was to be achieved other than starting a fight? Why a fight, what will it accomplish?

Fern

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Fern
Video
Picture Proof
CBC story

Are you Canadian?

This took place in Canada (your profile shows the USA)

Otherwise, I don't really understand what it is the police were trying to achieve if the allegations are true. What was to be achieved other than starting a fight? Why a fight, what will it accomplish?

Fern

People throw rocks = Police have excuse to shut down the protest. Notice one of the undercover cops was holding a nice sized chunk of earth?

And I say "our police state" because the conference was between north american leaders; and if something like this can happen in Canada imagine what they'll try here in the US with stuff like the patriot act.

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
And didn't throw it? If this is the best police protesters can manage I don't think you need to be afraid. Heaven forbid they invite up football hooligans!

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Originally posted by: GenHoth
And didn't throw it? If this is the best police protesters can manage I don't think you need to be afraid. Heaven forbid they invite up football hooligans!

Well they were caught and called out on it before they could do anything.

Watch the video people...

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Can't say I'm surprised. The British did the same thing in Iraq in 2003/2004, dressing up as Arabs and wreaking havoc. When they were caught and arrested, the British Army broke into jail the and freed them.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Very interesting and troubling.

Approx 10 years ago a CSIS(Canada's CIA) Operative was exposed to having started a number of White Supremacist groups. So this doesn't really surprise me at all. IMO, this kind of thing is a simple way to silence Opposition. We in front of our tubes just dismiss everything about the Protestors when violence occurs. Who cares what a bunch of Hooligans want?

Just consider the usual News coverage when it comes to Protests. All you ever see/hear are the violent outbursts. It is rare to hear the arguments put forward by the protestors, although at times Local News will cover that and the less violent part of the protests. I'll stop short of calling it a "Media Conspiracy", but in the end conspiracy or not it is a failure of the Media. Fact is, Protestors don't really have a Voice, except to those who happen to be passing by them on the street. Unless, of course, you can organize something huge like the Iraq War protests of a few years ago. It's near impossible to ignore something like that.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Narmer
Can't say I'm surprised. The British did the same thing in Iraq in 2003/2004, dressing up as Arabs and wreaking havoc. When they were caught and arrested, the British Army broke into jail the and freed them.

There's a big difference between such acts in the civlized world as compared to them occuring in the middle east.

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
I have personally seen that happen in Minneapolis. I was under the impression that moles try to incite fights all the time.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Some people are truely upset that we have rights. Such as the right to not have the shit kicked out of us unless we throw the first punch or rock.

This happens a lot, actually.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor

There's a big difference between such acts in the civlized world as compared to them occuring in the middle east.

Iraq was civilized until the United States went in there.

Yeah what now?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Aimster

Yeah what now?

Oh no you di'int!

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007

Idiot.

The british "agents" who tried to incite violence WERE FROM A CIVILIZED COUNTRY.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

Yeah what now?

"No need to look over there, people! Civilized societies gas thousands of their countrymen allll the time."

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee

Yeah what now?

"No need to look over there, people! Civilized societies gas thousands of their countrymen allll the time."

If they don't, they'll enable others to do so......

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Yeah what now?

You mean the weapons the U.S gave to Iraq to murder thousands of people?

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006

Yeah what now?

So by that logic, are gun manufactures at fault when a school shooting happens? Or the wal mart that provided said gun?

It doesnt fucking matter, and its off-topic. Go troll elsewhere.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Yeah what now?

So by that logic, are gun manufactures at fault when a school shooting happens? Or the wal mart that provided said gun?

go troll?
You are an idiot. Next time you quote me you better know damn well what the hell it is you are talking about.

President Regan took Iraq off the list of nations that support terrorism so Iraq could get chemical weapons.

He authorized the sale of helicopters to deliver those weapons.

When Iraq had everything, the U.S Congress added Iraq back to the list of nations that supported terrorism.

So yes, Regan's signing of the pen to sell Iraq weapons is just the same as Saddam's signing of the pen to launch those weapons

o but it doesn't end..
The U.S continued to give Iraq weapons up until the Gulf War

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

You can't tell the difference between weapons sold for defensive purposes to citizens for protecting themselves, which are sometimes misused, and selling military weapons to a government that's far more likely to use them for murdering its enemies? And you call him a troll?

If you're excusing all those who arm anyone with anything, then anyone selling WMD to Al Queda is not at fault, since they aren't the ones pulling the triggers, right?

This is yet another of the common blind spots of some Americans, the inability to see any problem with our nation being the #1 arms seller in the world, while we condemn others.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Yeah what now?

The US didn't gas those people, and didn't gas it's own citizens. The Iraqis are the savages here. It's arguable about whether or not we should have given them the weapons, but their use of them is not so easily debatable.