Undercover police try to incite riot at Montebello conference

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee
Originally posted by: Narmer
Can't say I'm surprised. The British did the same thing in Iraq in 2003/2004, dressing up as Arabs and wreaking havoc. When they were caught and arrested, the British Army broke into jail the and freed them.

There's a big difference between such acts in the civlized world as compared to them occuring in the middle east.

Iraq was civilized until the United States went in there.

Yeah what now?

"No need to look over there, people! Civilized societies gas thousands of their countrymen allll the time."

You mean the weapons the U.S gave to Iraq to murder thousands of people?

The US didn't gas those people, and didn't gas it's own citizens. The Iraqis are the savages here. It's arguable about whether or not we should have given them the weapons, but their use of them is not so easily debatable.

I'm sorry to have to educate you, but the U.S gave Iraq those weapons to use.

Unless you think the U.S gave it to Iraq to hold for them in storage

U.S is just as guilty as Iraq.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Can't say I'm surprised. The British did the same thing in Iraq in 2003/2004, dressing up as Arabs and wreaking havoc. When they were caught and arrested, the British Army broke into jail the and freed them.

There's a big difference between such acts in the civlized world as compared to them occuring in the middle east.

Yeah what now?

"No need to look over there, people! Civilized societies gas thousands of their countrymen allll the time."

The US didn't gas those people, and didn't gas it's own citizens. The Iraqis are the savages here. It's arguable about whether or not we should have given them the weapons, but their use of them is not so easily debatable.

Well, the Iraqi (and Iranian in this case) people aren't our own people, so it's really not a terrible attrocity even when we kill them directly.

My point was the Iraqis are killing each other. Thus they are <US.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Yeah what now?

Well, the Iraqi (and Iranian in this case) people aren't our own people, so it's really not a terrible attrocity even when we kill them directly.

So if man A gives man B a weapon to kill his wife and man A knows this, you would call man A civilized?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I watched vid, read story, looked at pic. Unfortunately, without knowing who those three people really were (identity released), then this is basically all hearsay and not worth any time, quite frankly. Major, major conjecture going on.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I watched vid, read story, looked at pic. Unfortunately, without knowing who those three people really were (identity released), then this is basically all hearsay and not worth any time, quite frankly. Major, major conjecture going on.

but everything points to them being cops

expecialy if you notice that when they are confronted by the protestors they walk towards the cops instead of away from the cops, if they wear real protestors who were actualy trying to provoke the police the last thing they would do is huddle up with the cops and they would definetly provide some resistance to their arrest ... and the cops would be more forceful when arresting

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Czar

expecialy if you notice that when they are confronted by the protestors they walk towards the cops instead of away from the cops, if they wear real protestors who were actualy trying to provoke the police the last thing they would do is huddle up with the cops and they would definetly provide some resistance to their arrest ... and the cops would be more forceful when arresting

I noticed that too. They looked very uncomfortable as protestors. Bad acting IMHO.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Czar

I noticed that too. They looked very uncomfortable as protestors. Bad acting IMHO.
It's very possible. I would just like to hear their real identities before making a conclusion, because there is not enough evidence to make one without knowing who they are. If they were inciting like this they should lose their jobs as should whoever on the force approved it. I mean lose them forever, but of course that doesn't happen with police unions.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Oh well so much for that
It said it is not releasing any names as no charges were laid.
. One of the men's mask was taken off and a clear shot of his face was made. Perhaps somebody can identify him.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
You crazy canuckleheads...don't your police know that if you want a riot, just start one, start swinging the billy clubs! Do we have to show you how to do everything right?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

That's some amazing immoral and ignorant commentary.

The 'atrocity' of killing human beings is unrelated to their being American or not, speaking morally; too many emotionally react as the poster here does.

As to the Iraqis killing each other, for a start, most Iraqis want peace, but the poster shows no understanding of the history of Iraq's being created by Britain to group enemies.

Imagine the US announcing that the Palestinians and Israel were now one big country. If they had battles with one another, would that make them '<US'?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Martin
So the police admitted the those were policemen, but now the story is that they were just there to monitor the crowd. I guess rocks and bandannas are essential crowd monitoring devices these days... :roll:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story...ontebello.html?ref=rss

They are so full of it.

If they were "monitoring" the crowds, why were they dressed like AFA members? Why were they wearing police issued boots with duct-tape and paint effects to make them look "dirty", why was that cop holding a rock? Why didn't they simply dress in their regular clothing like everyone else? That would've been much easier, and far less obvious.

Lastly, if you'll notice, they're wearing armor on their knees/shins and such. It looks like they were prepared for a real riot.

Monitoring my ass. We know exactly what these people think of us, now. There is no doubt, they want us to appear unruly and violent, so that our arguments become moot.

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Bumpage. Thanks for the update, Martin! This should be causing outrage!

People get up in arms over Republicans or Democrats "ruining the country" BS in other threads that ultimately lead nowhere, while this sort of thing goes on every day! Where's the outrage, people?

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Meh, BFD.

These conferences & meetings wouldn't be so isolated it the nitwit protesters didn't make such a big deal out of it.

I mean, WTF, having a vote in an election isn't enough for these tools, they have to go disrupt stuff?

Do you really think those protesters change the way governments & corporations do business other than have massive security?

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Meh, BFD.

These conferences & meetings wouldn't be so isolated it the nitwit protesters didn't make such a big deal out of it.

I mean, WTF, having a vote in an election isn't enough for these tools, they have to go disrupt stuff?

Do you really think those protesters change the way governments & corporations do business other than have massive security?

Oh yeah these pesky protesters, how dare they take interest in the happenings of their government. I mean, you voted them in! How dare you question them!!

Right? Right??? No.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: wazzledoozle
Meh, BFD.

Oh yeah these pesky protesters, how dare they take interest in the happenings of their government. I mean, you voted them in! How dare you question them!!

Right? Right??? No.

I'd much rather see the "protesters" take part in the political process than raise hell, but then they'd be conforming non conformists wouldn't they?

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Meh, BFD.

Right? Right??? No.

I'd much rather see the "protesters" take part in the political process than raise hell, but then they'd be conforming non conformists wouldn't they?

Protesting is part of the political process in this country.

Maybe you're too lazy to get out of the house? Well keep on writing those letters to your senator, I'm sure theres a paper shredder out there happily awaiting more.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Meh, BFD.

Right? Right??? No.

Maybe you're too lazy to get out of the house? Well keep on writing those letters to your senator, I'm sure theres a paper shredder out there happily awaiting more.

Actually I do use my congressmen, they've been pretty helpful.

I've also protested in DC, although it was an attempt to get laid by PETA chicks :laugh:

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Meh, BFD.

Right? Right??? No.

Actually I do use my congressmen, they've been pretty helpful.

I've also protested in DC, although it was an attempt to get laid by PETA chicks :laugh:

How'd that work out?