Ultimate Gaming Monitor? Overlord Tempest X270OC

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

solarmist

Feb 3, 2015
The X270OC's are finally here, after a huge delay with customs.

I can't wait to pick it up and check it out.

jevers77

Jul 5, 2015
Guess I lost my money with Overlord Computer. Sent a monitor in that was failing in December right before Christmas. Told me they would be shipping me a replacement in February with his next shipment, he'd send me a tracking number and send it right away. Never received anything and contacted them in May. Told me he shipped the monitor out 2 months ago, he'd have sales open a trace. No response for 2 weeks, so I sent an email again since calling does no good. Got this reply, "I have started a UPS trace as it shows delivered (although that means left somewhere or possible stolen by UPS – which we have had happen before). The monitor was shipped fully insured so no worries there. UPS may come by or call you to check on if the monitor made it to your house. I will keep you posted on this as it can take a couple of weeks for UPS to finish their investigation." Never got contacted by UPS, so I asked him for a tracking number cause this whole situation was feeling weird to me. I was thinking how is this place still in business with the slow deliveries of orders, obviously poor warranty service, and there's better monitors out there from reputable names for a little more money. I called multiple times again, got nothing, emailed asking for a tracking number so I could contact UPS and look the monitor up, start an investigation myself. 3 weeks have passed, no response, site is down, don't know what to do. Was worried they probably went out of business and now seeing this makes me think I'm out the monitor and my $550 I gave this company. Terrible experience I've had, hopefully I can get the word out to more places about this so if they do pop up people will look for a better option. Luckily I got an Asus PG278Q right after I shipped it off and I'm way happier with it.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
It is reported by various users and customers that Overlord Computers may have gone out of business when their website went "under maintenance" a few weeks ago:

Overclock Forums:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1564891/various-overlord-computers-out-of-business/0_50

EVGA Forums:
http://forums.evga.com/Overlord-Computers-Gone-out-of-business-m2361361.aspx

All of a sudden their website, forums, Youtube, and Facebook all went dark.

There are customers reporting they never received their monitors back that they shipped for warranty service, some customers who paid/preordered 6 to 8 months ago and still haven't received their new monitors. No one answering the phone or e-mails for customer service either.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Very disappointing if Scribby leaves all those people out in the cold. He seemed solid for a couple years there.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Theres the yamakasi catleap Q270 2b which the overlord was based on. Its gone up in price though to around $500 on ebay. Another Korean overclockable trending atm is the Crossover 2795QHD and priced around $300-330 which imo is better than both.

Thread title out of date though, not the "ultimate" anymore. The Acer XB270HU more likely fits that description atm.