Ughh... my 4th MS Intellimouse died. Think they'll get suspicious if I RMA it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vinny N

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: mee987
my intellimouse 3.0 used to do the same thing with the mousewheel just randomly scrolling the screen a bit without the wheel physically moving. but now the wheel is even more messed up, its gotten really hard to roll. it gets worse all the time, now its really hard to roll the wheel without clicking the MMB.

Ugh, yes I've had that problem as well, it was the worse with the Intellimouse Optical, I had to keep the wheel button down and grind it in exercise to get it to the point it's at today. When I first had it, clicking the middle button (wheel) was the most common problem when I was just trying to scroll. I'm surprised you're having this problem with the Intellimouse 3.0 though, it's got the loosest restrained wheel I've ever used, pretty much like the old logitech non-optical wheel mice (only the wheel on my logitech 1st-gen optical is freer and that's because it's no longer restrained by a spring :D)

Heh, if people heard these mice-rants they'd stop wondering why I'm such a keyboard-lover.

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: aRCeNiTe
No, you're not abusing their procedure, cause their mice suck. My MS mouse died within a year so I got a MX700 :D

Bill

Is it bad I don't remember posting this..?