UFC 156 Sat Feb 2nd PPV

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
bah... my stream died right at the end of that. I had a feeling Bigfoot might pull it off.

I remember when Overeem fought Werdum and didn't look as impressive as he was supposed to be.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Dean could have ended this fight about 5 punches earlier. Glad it was absolutely definitive tho. So much for being a "superior human being", lol.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol..overoids got rocked.. a little too cocky fighting w/o hands up and this is what happens when his opponent knows how to throw a punch.
unlike Brock...

I think perhaps he was more worried about bigfoots BJJ. the guy for such a big guy is pretty damn good.

but somehow i doubt that. i think he just didn't think he could get knocked out.

Brock was a straight wrestler and just learning to throw punches.

also have dervictius and getting kneed by Reem in the gut? yeah most would tap to that.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
oh man i was about to go to bed. forgot there are 2 more fights. lol

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Man I gotta give it to Bigfoot. He beat Fedor and now Overeem when nobody expected him to win those two.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
They might do Bigfoot vs Dos Santos next, or have they already confirmed that Velasquez will rematch Dos Santos next?

khel

Nov 21, 2012
daaang holy shit that bigfoot vs reem fight... didnt see that coming

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
They might do Bigfoot vs Dos Santos next, or have they already confirmed that Velasquez will rematch Dos Santos next?

They usually put winners vs winners and losers vs losers. Plus all the bad blood between JDS and Overeem makes me see it happening.

Cain vs. JDS III will be a ways off, I think.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
yeah. overeem looks great. but never was a great fighter. people been saying that for years.

Reem got cocky and didn't respect bigfoot and paid for it

I don't know if I've ever seen such lack of respect in the heavyweight division before, particularly against such an established fighter. Karma's a b!tch.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
They usually put winners vs winners and losers vs losers. Plus all the bad blood between JDS and Overeem makes me see it happening.

Cain vs. JDS III will be a ways off, I think.

agreed.

i think JDS and Overeem would be next for them both. Or i could see overeem fighting Roy nelson.

i think it would be either of them. more likely JDS since they don't like each other and it would bring more rateings.

but JDS is great with his hands and moves a lot. Roy would stand there and trade punches.

khel

Nov 21, 2012
i want noguera to win but think evans gonna win by decision.. however im not sure who to go for with aldo-edgar.. tough call..

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
jkhkjh-o.gif