UAE Gives Up: DP World to Hand Ports Over

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Conjurs story #1: The UAE ties appear to be some administration members used the same hunting retreat as bin laden.... whoopity do.

Conjurs story #2: The UAE govt agencies are "infiltrated" by al AQ, you mean an arabic govt could have AQ operatives infiltrate it?! again whoopity do, that doesnt mean they support terrorism. Also mentions a co-conspirator making a phone call from inside the UAE to give instructions about the Cole bombings... Again what does this have to do with the UAE govt? we had 22 of them living in the US during 9/11 we shouldnt control our own ports either?

Conjurs story #3: dead link

Conjurs story #4: The only story with some merit, dated almost a year ago. If its true, that the royal family actually had meetings with bin laden, then it would be a real terror tie.

Conjurs story #5: Smuggling occurs in the UAE... another sidestep to the actual issue.

The fact is, we would still control our own security services at those ports, so the UAE controlling them doesnt mean a damn thing. Dont you think if it was dubious the Jews, of which whom this entire conflict is over, would have an issue with this? Israels ports are controlled by UAE companies.

This whole flock of BS was a strategic distraction to real issues in the US. Like the patriot act passing yet again while no one was looking.
Look at the apologist spin!!

So, it's no big deal that Al Qaeda infiltrated the UAE Gov't?!?!

wow.

Conjur, we've gone back and forth in at least a dozen threads now, and you still have the balls to call me anything party related :p

im not apologizing for anyone, youre posting fud and im telling everyone what i think of it. Tossing fancy names at me does nothing for your argument.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: conjur
And look at the apologist avoid the question.

Typical.

I just find it ironic that Conjie is so quick to believe in UAE's ties to AQ, yet he's also so quick to dismiss their equally well-documented ties with Iraq's intelligence services...

oh...wait..nevermind! i get it! only one of those beliefs would help him in his personal crusade!

selective hearing what?

will889

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: magomago
Absolutely ridiculous. I swear its borderline racism and people are opposed because they are arabs from the middle east. Hacks on both sides should be be absolutely ashamed.

Yeah, lets let the Arab company have ownership of our shipping ports after it was proven that there were Dubai/Arab connections to 9-11. Sure, there are very moderate pro-west, and helpful Arabs, and they are/were "supposed" to be allies. "Supposed" can also be a "cover" for what's underneath. Peel back the layers and you simply have Muslim/Islam traditional Dogma and operational pipelining/potential leaks/funding of bad tactile operations against the US. Not that it's bad for them, but it's very bad potentially for us. What if the link to another attack here in the US were to be proven to be Arab funded again. Would you then raise the profiling/racism card ... again? What if we allow the Arabs to have control of say .... two of our Major Airlines ? I saw the CEO of UAE/Dubai on Cspan. He was less than credible about the security of the UAE and had practially no real insight to innate knowledge of possible future security issues. That alone warrants a deapan dealbreaker IMO. It's like allowing a so called former and supposedly rehabilitated sex-offender into your neighborhood to drive around in an ice cream truck. It ain't gonna work. Screw that. Call it what you will but i say no way.