U.S moved up the deployment of a major "strike group" of ships to the Persian Gulf **link added**

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: eits
you don't go into a backyard that says "beware of dog" and square off against the goddamn dog just because the dog poses a potential threat if the gate opens. you don't preemptively take out the frigging dog. you just keep your eye on it and stay away from the gate.
That really depends on the type of fence, the type of dog, the look in the it's eyes, the way it's standing, and, of course, the noises it's making...

actually, no... none of that matters because it's not your business to be inside the fenced area anyways. if it was a goddamn growling, gnashing, rabid pitbull-doberman-shepherd-wolf mix, it still wouldn't matter because it doesn't want you in its gated area.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Or just taking out the word "nuclear" since it doesn't add anything since all our new aircraft carriers and submarines use nuclear reactors.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Or just taking out the word "nuclear" since it doesn't add anything since all our new aircraft carriers and submarines use nuclear reactors.

Or that :thumbsup:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
this is why countries hate us...

What? Because of unsubstantiated "I saw it on the intarweb so it must be true" posts on political forums?

:confused:

no, because we assert ourselves in potentially threatening positions in other countries backyards. we would hate china if they had carriers and ships positioned outside of los angeles, dc, and the gulf of mexico. this kind of aggressive stance towards iran is only going to help move the iranian people from hating their government to favoring their government in order to seek security. no one likes being threatened and manipulated.

If our ships are in international waters what's their (legitinmate) complaint?

And you're talking about our agressive stance towards Iran? The country that's sending IED's to Iraq, and don't they have a guy Akmadinejad (sp?) who's always making agressive and provocative statements?

No, nobody should say anything bad or agressive to Iran, they're the global *nice guys* :roll:

Frankly, I don't give a fvck if the Iranian Ayatollahs are mad or not, or like us or don't.

Maybe it's their turn to give a crap whether WE like them or not.

Fern

WE'RE IN THEIR BACKYARD, DUDE! no one there likes us there, so in order to get us out, they're going to help iraq fight back. practically every country there is helping the resistance.

you don't go into a backyard that says "beware of dog" and square off against the goddamn dog just because the dog poses a potential threat if the gate opens. you don't preemptively take out the frigging dog. you just keep your eye on it and stay away from the gate.

HAHHA I laughed good on that one eits. Take it easy on them though, they are busy sticking out their bird chests thinking America owns the world. That we have a right to do what ever we want. That type of arrogance only provokes hostility. Something you learn as a child, you know, when you are told by your mom "Don't touch your sister!" and you sit next to her with your finger a quarter inch from her eye saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you". Heh, childish little games. Ole bushy boy has it figured out eh? He knows how to manipulate others (countries too). A sadistic thought driven person. Which makes me think that if you agree with this "I'm not touching you" tactic to entice a response, that you are a child as well. You have to act an adult before you can be one. As such you must treat people with respect before you get it in return. Grow up people.

======================================
/edit to correct a requested change in the quoted post

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy