TX AG Openly Admits Voter Suppression

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Of course - he is trying to suppress illegal votes. How is that a hard concept for you to wrap your head around?
oops
Notably, the Texas attorney general conflated mail-in ballots with applications for mail-in ballots in his remarks to Bannon. Harris County did not attempt to mail actual ballots to registered voters—just applications to request them if the individual voter wanted one.

so in other words, republicans again suppressing legitimate voting.

Feb 4, 2009
Of course - he is trying to suppress illegal votes. How is that a hard concept for you to wrap your head around?

Hey, I haven’t read the link but let’s make a deal. Assume what we agree upon gets enacted.

Voter ID or whatever you want picture ID to vote there even could be a small fee to get the ID but there does need to be plenty of places to get them. Maybe City Hall and large cities could have extension offices.

For

Elimination of Electoral College. Popular Vote winner is the President.

Deal?

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
From the piece;

"A 2020 analysis of U.S. election laws by Northern Illinois University ranked Texas as the most difficult state for voting."

And they're doing their damndest to make it even more difficult...

Nov 8, 2012
From the piece;

"A 2020 analysis of U.S. election laws by Northern Illinois University ranked Texas as the most difficult state for voting."

And they're doing their damndest to make it even more difficult...

"most difficult place to vote" lol.

Have ID and it magically is the easiest place ever. I've voted every time since I've been out of college.

Places that are 2-4 blocks away - so practically within walking distance. In and out of voting in 2-10 minutes most times depending on the time of day.

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

And there it is in a nutbag.
I remember saying the same thing, back in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, etc.

Vote early, in person, if you want your vote to count.

I get it if you live in a blue state where the government is open to sending everyone a mail-in ballot, but in a red state, trusting the Republicans in power to count your vote when they can interfere with it outside of the polling place? Yikes.

Have ID and it magically is the easiest place ever. I've voted every time since I've been out of college.

Places that are 2-4 blocks away - so practically within driving distance. In out and out of voting in 2-10 minutes most times depending on the time of day.
*SCREAMING FURIOUSLY INTO MIRROR*
lolololol hahahahaha

Every single voting district in every single jurisdiction is the exact same because they'd have to be for this insane ranting to make any sense at all hahahaha lololol

*END SCREAMING FURIOUSLY INTO MIRROR TO GO INSULT A FEMALE SOMEWHERE*

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
When did mail-in ballots become illegal votes?
It seems that the concept that you can't wrap your head around is that everyone knows that Republicans use the term "illegal votes" to describe Democratic votes.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Places that are 2-4 blocks away - so practically within walking distance. In and out of voting in 2-10 minutes most times depending on the time of day.
You are a white middle class conservative. Of course you can't put yourself in the shoes of poor people in far different situations. That's why white middle class and up conservativrs are total douchebags

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's even easier in the 5 states that vote quite securely by mail. Funny that. I suppose all of this is fake news, too-

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I think it's really simple. If you can't vote the conventional way, can't drag yer arse to a station to do it, your vote shouldn't count, if you are out of country or xyz excuse why you can't do this normal thing, then you are also, not a relevant citizen where the result impacts you as much. How about counting these alternate BS voting methods as 1/4th a normal vote.

No. Even 1/4th is too much. If you can't perform your duty as a citizen, you shouldn't have any say in the outcome. Excuses, excuses, mean it didn't matter much to you. If you can't bother, you don't count.

With that in mind, I am not suggesting Biden shouldn't have won the election. Am not in that party, just think we need to get rid of some potential ways that voting can be corrupt.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Dude, what do you think the results of ANY search is where it's "<state> voting lines" ?

Are you mentally incapacitated or just at epic levels of stupidity? lol

Dude, you said there weren't any lines in Texas. There are absolutely no lines at all in states that vote by mail & our elections are quite secure. I'd defy you to show otherwise.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think it's really simple. If you can't vote the conventional way, can't drag yer arse to a station to do it, your vote shouldn't count, if you are out of country or xyz excuse why you can't do this normal thing, then you are also, not a relevant citizen where the result impacts you as much. How about counting these alternate BS voting methods as 1/4th a normal vote.

No. Even 1/4th is too much. If you can't perform your duty as a citizen, you shouldn't have any say in the outcome. Excuses, excuses, mean it didn't matter much to you. If you can't bother, you don't count.

With that in mind, I am not suggesting Biden shouldn't have won the election. Am not in that party, just think we need to get rid of some potential ways that voting can be corrupt.

Just trying to live up to your name, huh?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Just trying to live up to your name, huh?
No argument means trolling. Can you put your head on my knee and I'll stroke it while you cry and whine? I'll do that out of pity because you are clearly suffering from some kind of mental anguish if you can't even make a rational argument.

Once upon a time ago I stepped on dog poo. You remind me of that. I couldn't have a lower opinion of you. What a waste.

Back to the point! Express your thoughts, don't waste our time with this nonsense instead.

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

so discount all expat and military overseas votes?
why is mail in voting any less secure than in-person voting?
and most importantly...do you have any evidence that mail in voting leads to fraud?

as the claimant, it is your job to providence evidence.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

One way that voting can be corrupt is when politicians pass laws to make it harder for some people to vote than other people, by decreasing voting days/hours, decreasing numbers of voting locations in a district, and by having different methods of voting from district to district.

So, you agree that to decrease the corruption involved with voting, voting should be open for at least 2 weeks prior to election day for 12 hours each day Monday through Sunday. If you don't have the means for transportation, you can arrange it through a publicly-funded transport service to make sure that every US citizen has the chance to vote when it is convenient for them, since not every American is in the same financial situation or lives in a voting district that makes voting quick easy and convenient.

Or is your argument really just that more votes means your vote doesn't count as much? Because if so, just fucking come out and say it, instead of hiding behind some made-up argument that only exists in your head and the fever dreams of your thought leaders.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Targeting Sunday is not suppressing illegal votes, it's targeting legal black votes.

Purity of the ballot box means preserving the white votes.

This is all shit that was contained in the new law. Why can't you wrap your pointy head around that?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Yes, if you aren't in-country, it effects you less and yet, the military bases can do this, does not need to be some dodgy system.

No, I don't need to provide evidence. It's about shutting down methods of fraud. That is good for everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Passing laws based on a big lie. No wonder you are all for it.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Targeting Sunday is not suppressing illegal votes, it's targeting legal black votes.

Purity of the ballot box means preserving the white votes.

Clearly you drank the kool aid and are oblivious to the idea that black people also know how to use a calendar, ridiculous to inject race into this.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi