TWO Saitek P3000 Wireless gamepad for $39.99 AR!!!

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Just got my CompUSA paper and on the back page i saw this very nice deal!!
P3000
i think its in store only since i dont see it available online

$79.98 for two - $9.99 IR - $30 MFR Rebate

i was about to buy this from Newegg.com for $39 shipped
im glad i waited :)

and you can use both at the same time they use two diff freq

Review

Saynac

Apr 12, 2000
Nice. I've heard some good things about this controller. Is the MIR for CompUSA only?

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Saynac
Nice. I've heard some good things about this controller. Is the MIR for CompUSA only?

it said Manufacturer MIR

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
the base you put it into recharges the batteries, much like the MX700 mouse-base

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Originally posted by: weepul
how long do the batteries last on it? plus that big thing looks heavy...

//krunk (^_^x)

they say it last up2 8 hours but you dont have to worry cause you always have another one in the base recharging at the sametime if it ever does run out you can switch out the batteries and keep on playing plus it has a LCD screen that tells you how much battery you have left

its not that heavy compared to my old Thrustmaster Fire Storm Dual Power

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
How is the d-pad on this thing? I have yet to find a pc gamepad that is better than the original microsoft sidewinder, so I'm still using that. Unfortunately the button mapping software doesn't work in XP. However, the d-pad in about 10 other gamepads I've tried are too sluggish to use when precision is important, so I'm still using the sidewinder. I'd love to change, but I'm a bit wary.

easy2kill

May 24, 2001
I bought this a few months ago along with Madden 2004. The unit is very light and responsive. I believe you can switch between digital and analog mode, so I found the D-pad and sticks to be just fine. I'm not sure if the batteries actually last 8 hours (each) as advertised, but I never found this to be a problem, since they include 2 of them. While you're playing games, the other battery just sits in its charger, so you should be fine during extended gaming sessions.

I do have one problem with this controller though. Ocassionally, the controller will get all screwy and will not respond correctly. I've had several Madden sessions when all of the sudden my selected player will begin moving by himself. I'm not sure if it's the controller and receiver base or if it's radio interference coming from somewhere. Anyway, this can be extremely annoying when you're facing a third and long situation in Madden and have to call a timeout to fix your controller.

Personally, I think 2 for $39.99 is a great deal, especially for sports games (and if you have a friend).

zeddic

Mar 13, 2003
I just bought one of these recently to play Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on the PC. These are really great gamepads!

------------
Pros:
1) 2 rechargable batteries so you never stop playing! One is charging while you play and a fully charged pack will last longer than it takes to charge the other one.

2) dual analog sticks, 1 digital pad (very similar to the dual shock PS2 controller, except this one only has 2 shoulder buttons instead of 4)

3) 10 programmable buttons. 6 on the right side, 2 shoulders and 2 analog stick buttons.

4) Switches between analog and digital mode.

5) Has 2 operating channels so you can have up to 2 working simultaneously.

6) Not heavy at all considering the weight of the batteries. I would say it was as light or even lighter than a dual shock 2, probably because the P3000 has no RUMBLE function. (Which is not really something I miss)

7) Shoulder buttons are freaking HUGE so there's no way you'll miss it.. heh

8) Last but definitely not the least, WIRELESS using RADIO up to 10 feet!! (Probably more but I didn't test it past 10 feet)

Cons:
1) No RUMBLE function (Again, no big loss here, at least for me)

2) Only has 2 Shoulder buttons instead of 4 like the dual shock 2 (Got used to it quickly)

3) I paid FULL price ($39.99) for ONE *grumble* (But really, it's not that expensive, specially for wireless!)

4) After playing wirelessly you kind of start to hate WIRED gamepads (Con because now I'll have to spend more $$ to get wireless PS2 controllers)

--------------------

After using the Saitek P3000 on NBA Live 2004, POP:SOT and LOTR: Return of the King I have to say this has been the best gamepad I've ever used!! I used to use this Radioshack brand Dual Shock USB adapter with a Dual Shock 2 controller but the analog sticks refused to work with POP:SOT which got extremely frustrating without analog sticks. (There are puzzles that require you to walk instead of run). I truly recommed this device to any gamer thinking of playing games that require console controls to play. Scale of 1 - 10 I give this a 9.5!

Mawashi

Dec 7, 2001
Need some expert advice:
Logitech Cordless Rumblepad from staplers OR P3000 Wireless Pad & Docking Station
from crapusa?
Similar price if you buy two from crapusa...

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Mawashi
Need some expert advice:
Logitech Cordless Rumblepad from staplers OR P3000 Wireless Pad & Docking Station
from crapusa?

Go with the Saitek.

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Need some expert advice:
from crapusa?

Yeah, I was thinking about getting those or these too. At staples, you have a much better chance of getting your rebate. But are the logitech controllers worth the extra 10 bucks (when paired or 25 bucks each AR)? Anyone try both?

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Is it in the crapusa ad for CA? Couldn't find it, OP which state are you in?

FL
its on the back page
on the bottom left hand corner

Mawashi

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: CtK

FL
its on the back page

Thanks!

As anyone seen it in the CA ad?

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Originally posted by: CtK

FL
its on the back page

Thanks!

As anyone seen it in the CA ad?

im pretty sure its national since its on their website
linked

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Yeah I didn't see it in the Ohio ad either. Good thing its listed online. I want one and Circuitcity has them for 24.99 after 15.00 MIR, but I would prefer this deal.

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Actually after looking at the online ad, it appears to be mostly the same as the ad I have, although my ad only goes to page 15. I don't get the 5 extra pages I guess.

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
Thanks! I wonder if they'll refuse the rebates if I mail both in one envelope?