Two more babies get herpes after ORAL circumcision practice

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I am not sure why your tolerance gets tested. No matter what the religious reason this practice should be prosecuted.

no sir, not in this country. Not if you believe in the first amendment.

No fundy Christian should ever challenge this practice, if they claim that all should respect their religion.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Totally disagree. This is oral-genital contact between an infant and a grown man. It can and should be prosecuted as child molestation. I don't care if it has a religious component, any more than I care that Islamic female genital mutilation or Fundamentalist LDS marriages of little girls do. In my view none of these practices should be legally tolerated in the United States.

Then take them on in court. You know very well this is not a sexual practice so you can lose that point of attack. If you want to legislate against it on the basis of cruelty be my guest. It like prostitution will disappear by making it illegal, right?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I agree. If something is otherwise felonious, religion should not make it legal.

Frankly I'm surprised they can still recruit rabbis to do this. "Wait - then I suck WHAT? I'm just gonna mosey on over to the Catholic church and check out their deal now . . ."

I don't care for the practice and if it's banned that's fine with me. My point was that it's going to happen and it will go underground. Sure you can prosecute then, but if the baby is infected then what? What restitution can be made? That's why I suggested testing with draconian penalties for non compliance. If Don wants to see that as acceptance it's not, but I see his approach as counterproductive.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I don't care for the practice and if it's banned that's fine with me. My point was that it's going to happen and it will go underground. Sure you can prosecute then, but if the baby is infected then what? What restitution can be made? That's why I suggested testing with draconian penalties for non compliance. If Don wants to see that as acceptance it's not, but I see his approach as counterproductive.
Isnt this ritual pretty much underground as it is?

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
This is so damn disgusting. This is sexual abuse and these parents are willingly offering up their sons for this creepy shit!

article-2304793-191ECD40000005DC-369_634x399.jpg

This makes me sad because this has been going on since 2000. 13 infants...pretty much amounts to a baby a year. :eek:

Well, there goes my lunch.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006

This brings up an interesting thought -- could a child sue their parents for being circumcised?

Especially in the case of females, circumcision can reduce sexual pleasure. I wonder if one would have a case if they sought financial compensation from their parents.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I don't care for the practice and if it's banned that's fine with me. My point was that it's going to happen and it will go underground.

Agreed.

Having and keeping freedom of religion as one of the cornerstones of your country, is no doubt one mofo of a job.
It's just as important as the other freedoms and should be protected as much.
The US has had a lot of practice over a lot of years in preserving that right.
There are thousands of examples of court cases
The right to carry guys are supposed to defend the guys who want to practice their religion guy's rights, right? ;)

Feb 10, 2000
Then take them on in court. You know very well this is not a sexual practice so you can lose that point of attack. If you want to legislate against it on the basis of cruelty be my guest. It like prostitution will disappear by making it illegal, right?

What do you mean "lose that point of attack"? This is criminal sexual conduct and a felony under NY state law, whether or not the involved rabbis are doing it for sexual stimulation. This is a Class B felony, subject to up to 25 years in prison under the New York Penal (no pun intended!) Code. Specifically, we are talking about N.Y. Code § 130.50:

Criminal sexual act in the first degree.

A person is guilty of criminal sexual act in the first degree when he or she engages in oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct with another person:

1. By forcible compulsion; or

2. Who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless; or

3. Who is less than eleven years old; or

4. Who is less than thirteen years old and the actor is eighteen years old or more.

Criminal sexual act in the first degree is a class B felony.

"Oral sexual conduct" is defined in N.Y. Code § 130.00(2)(a):

"Oral sexual conduct" means conduct between persons consisting of contact between the mouth and the penis, the mouth and the anus, or the mouth and the vulva or vagina.

I would absolutely "take them on in court," by prosecuting them and sending them to prison. We do not, as a society, have to tolerate old men putting babies' penises in their mouths for any reason, and we should not tolerate any such thing.

The idea that this is analogous to prostitution is ridiculous. Prostitution involving adults is a crime but you can make an argument that it's a victimless crime. Prostitution involving children is a crime against the children involved, and I believe it should be actively prosecuted, just as this should be. I find your effort to equate this conduct to prostitution really offensive.

Last edited:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
This isn't much different than communion. The only difference is that your lips make contact through a cup.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
But you can make that argument about any practice. To some degree, all illegal practices are carried on underground, and I suspect most of them are very much more common than is this one.

This brings up an interesting thought -- could a child sue their parents for being circumcised?

Especially in the case of females, circumcision can reduce sexual pleasure. I wonder if one would have a case if they sought financial compensation from their parents.
And the grown child's wife, too. I mean really, what woman hasn't thought "Gee, if only my man's penis was more sensitive?"

This isn't much different than communion. The only difference is that your lips make contact through a cup.
Admittedly I'm not Catholic, but from my understanding this practice is incredibly different from communion. You may wish to change priests . . .

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
These people are like the mob. They protect their own even at the expense of their health or their childrens lives. Tey average 7-10 kids so if one bites it (pun intended) they have plenty more.

Yep. People are reluctant to criticize ultra-orthodox Jews because they love to whine about anti-semitism but some of their communities are like an evil mix between the Taliban and the mafia.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
And the grown child's wife, too. I mean really, what woman hasn't thought "Gee, if only my man's penis was more sensitive?"

lol

I'm not advocating it, just think it would be an interesting discussion to have over beers with someone.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
WTF? There are some religious practices like genital mutilation of females that are illegal in this country, and many other types of religious practices that are illegal as well... soooo why is it that these folks aren't being arrested?

That is so gross, can't understand how anyone would allow any adult to suck their newborn infants genital area. Yuck