Two explosions reported at Boston Marathon finish line! **Suspect #2 in Custody!!**

Mar 16, 2005
BH6fee5CIAADWnf.jpg:large

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Wow... sucks for muslims in this country all over again.

Last edited:

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Saw this pic on another forum

TL0tbJ5.jpg

EDIT:
Weren't there coordinated attacks in Iraq today as well?

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Explosions Reported

Preliminary report:
"The blasts happened at about 2:50 p.m. near the intersection of Boylston and Exeter streets. Store fronts have been blown out, and there have been reports of dozens of injuries.

Witnesses said several victims lost limbs, and the area was being evacuated.

The first explosion happened across from the Lenox Hotel and the second blast was about 15 seconds later, witnesses said."

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Man, this is sickening. One of our local reporters in Raleigh, NC was running the marathon and the WRAL Facebook feed had just posted that she finished the marathon before the reports came in about the bomb.

Now the station just reported that they haven't been able to get in contact with her yet :(

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Man, this is sickening. One of our local reporters in Raleigh, NC was running the marathon and the WRAL Facebook feed had just posted that she finished the marathon before the reports came in about the bomb.

Now the station just reported that they haven't been able to get in contact with her yet :(

i have 2 good friends that were running it. post on FB says they are both ok. some peopel obviously are not based on the pics :(

Last edited:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
i have 3 good friends running in it

From what I can see of the pictures, it looks like the casualties are mostly in the area to the side of the road - likely bystanders. Runners may not have taken the brunt of it.

Still, I hope your friends are okay.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Yes, as far as we know it was a gas main explosion or domestic terrorism or international terrorism, but it could be MUCH worse.

I'm not jumping to conclusions about anything, but the White House has been dismissive of North Korea's abilities to deliver a nuclear weapon with their current ICBMs and NK may want to demonstrate delivery by missile is not our biggest concern.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
From what I can see of the pictures, it looks like the casualties are mostly in the area to the side of the road - likely bystanders. Runners may not have taken the brunt of it.

Still, I hope your friends are okay.

Not to intentionally diminish your attempt to comfort, but runners who have finished may become bystanders and concern is still prudent. :(

Feb 25, 2011
Yes, as far as we know it was a gas main explosion or domestic terrorism or international terrorism, but it could be MUCH worse.

I'm not jumping to conclusions about anything, but the White House has been dismissive of North Korea's abilities to deliver a nuclear weapon with their current ICBMs and NK may want to demonstrate delivery by missile is not our biggest concern.

That would be dumb.

If it were clear NK did this... no. They're assholes, not suicidal.

Anyway, that will all come later.

*good vibes furiously*