Tulsi Gabbard says she will skip the December Democratic debate

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
For some reason she continues head on into a lost cause which makes me wonder about her making a third party run!
I don`t trust her!

WASHINGTON – Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, stated Monday that she won't be attending the December Democratic debate, even if she qualifies.

To qualify for the match-up on December 19, which is the final debate of the year, candidates must receive 4% or more support in at least four polls, which include national polls or polls in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina or Nevada.

Candidates could also meet the polling criteria by hitting 6% support in two single-state polls in the early voting states. Additionally, candidates need to get at least 200,000 unique donors.

Gabbard has met the donor threshold, and needs just one more poll to qualify for the December stage.

"For a number of reasons, I have decided not to attend the December 19th "debate" — regardless of whether or not there are qualifying polls," Gabbard said. "I instead choose to spend that precious time directly meeting with and hearing from the people of New Hampshire and South Carolina."
The deadline for qualifying for the debate is Thursday.

Gabbard has been critical of the Democratic National Committee throughout her campaign, and even threatened to boycott October's DNC debate, before deciding to join.

The Hawaii representative then, without evidence, claimed that the DNC and corporate media were trying to "hijack the election."

Gabbard has continually criticized the DNC for its debate qualification criteria, including the fact that it only recognizes certain pollsters as counting toward the minimum polling threshold.

USA TODAY has reached out to the Gabbard campaign.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, billionaire Tom Steyer, and Sens. Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren have each so far qualified for the December match-up.
Entrepreneur Andrew Yang is on the cusp of qualifying.

According to RealClearPolitics' aggregated data, Gabbard is at an average of 1.0% in the polls. She recently moved her campaign to New Hampshire to focus on the state's primary.

Contributing: Jeanine Santucci, Rebecca Morin

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Tulsi Gabbard says she will skip the December Democratic debate

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This is just another one biting the dust. I doubt very much that she will run 3rd party and think she will be dropping out soon. The field has a way of narrowing down as time goes on.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
This is just another one biting the dust. I doubt very much that she will run 3rd party and think she will be dropping out soon. The field has a way of narrowing down as time goes on.

she is the spoiler for russia so we can get your fascist trump back in office.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999

If Trump gets back in the office, as you say, it will be voters that put him there, not Russia and not Gabbard. Keep smokin' that stuff. I'm just laughing my ass off every day at how Democrats are setting up this win for Trump. 2019 will be the year remembered for handing Trump a second term on a gold platter and the Dems and the media absolutely will have made it happen. Of course it will be blamed on Russia, cheating, racists, etc. There are no mirrors in their houses. :D

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
If Trump gets back in the office, as you say, it will be voters that put him there, not Russia and not Gabbard. Keep smokin' that stuff. I'm just laughing my ass off every day at how Democrats are setting up this win for Trump. 2019 will be the year remembered for handing Trump a second term on a gold platter and the Dems and the media absolutely will have made it happen. Of course it will be blamed on Russia, cheating, racists, etc. There are no mirrors in their houses. :D

it will be russia and your fake god that did it.

Dwkf51f.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Bitek and cytg111

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
it will be russia and your fake god that did it.

Dwkf51f.jpg

There is but one God to me, and whether you believe in him or not is none of my business and I will respect your choice. Mocking my faith is getting kind of personal, isn't it?

Reactions: Thunder 57

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That's too strong. I'm sure the Russians would like for her to be that, a la Jill Stein, but she hasn't & may not.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
There is but one God to me, and whether you believe in him or not is none of my business and I will respect your choice. Mocking my faith is getting kind of personal, isn't it?

J: That's it, just write "I AM A RET-"
D: Dammit Jesus

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, Trump & his Russian friends really messed with people's heads in 2016, huh? Mind fucked in a truly astounding way. Mass psychosis. Escape from reality. But it was the Dems' fault. If he can do it again, it will be their fault again, obviously.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Yeh, Trump & his Russian friends really messed with people's heads in 2016, huh? Mind fucked in a truly astounding way. Mass psychosis. Escape from reality. But it was the Dems' fault. If he can do it again, it will be their fault again, obviously.

I like how he is going to report me for personal insults for showing a picture of trump and jesus. How can the people on the right be so sensitive?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What's her game with skipping the debate? Those debates are free publicity for the candidates. She either thinks she won't get the final qualifying poll and she's pulling a Trump saying she doesn't want it anyway, or, I don't what.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
I like how he is going to report me for personal insults for showing a picture of trump and jesus. How can the people on the right be so sensitive?

I'm a big boy and I don't need to report you. A picture of Trump and Jesus has nothing to do with it. The text that came from your keyboard was my only issue:

"it will be russia and your fake god that did it." In that you made it personal.

Reactions: Thunder 57

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Tulsi decided to remain true to herself, her beliefs and her principles. Well good for her.

However, she has taken a stand on certain issues that's not popular with the Dem Party's base nor their leadership and has in effect increasingly alienated herself further and further from mainstream Dem Party doctrine and has, whether with intent or not, aligned herself more closely with the GOP's way of seeing things and by coincidence, something that hearken back to her original nascent conservative leanings that were being strongly influenced by her own father's conservative pedigree.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He is obviously talking about Trump, as in Trump is your god, I think we have plenty of precedence for mocking Trump around here without it carrying a sentence under the new rules guideline.

Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Well, if she DOES do a 3rd party run, we will know for sure if she is being run by someone else.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm a big boy and I don't need to report you. A picture of Trump and Jesus has nothing to do with it. The text that came from your keyboard was my only issue:

"it will be russia and your fake god that did it." In that you made it personal.

oh so you just wanted to threaten me with a report?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005