Trumps future

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trumps future

• Jail

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Convicted but pardoned by Biden on condition he not re-run for pres or any other political office

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Resist and appeal to his zombie base for civil war

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • (least likely) weasel his way out of his legal troubles

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Becomes broke after settling huge state and civil lawsuits and withdraws from the scene

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Dies from a stroke or heart attack upon seeing his worst nightmares come true

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Is the idea that Biden and Harris will both die or something?

That obviously wasn't part of the "legit" reporting on it back then, but it's definitely implied in the rhetoric from the right that the whole point is to return the king to his rightful place ...

Reactions: Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Trump becoming house speaker doesn’t mean shit.

Doesn't sound at all likely, but it would give him a prominent platform and the opportunity to continue to be annoying and say incredibly-stupid things and stir up his cult. On the other hand, aside from the risk of more Jan 6th type events, the main effect of giving him such a high-profile position would be to cause more problems for the Republicans than anyone else - continuing to divide the party and cause it to focus entirely on his psychodrama.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
<--------I would love to see this

Found mentally incompetent to stand trial. As evidence, just show the Fox News interview with Hannity.
Hmm didn’t think about this scenario. Yeah this jumps up as more likely over him actually standing trial. But he’d get arrested and serve some time at least before the he’s cray cray defense.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
It just more stupid speculation. Every rumor or accusation that involves Trump takes on a life of it's own.

https://www.businessinsider.com/matt-gaetz-wants-trump-house-speaker-3-or-4-hours-2022-2

Key piece of one of those:

"Gaetz began pushing for Trump’s candidacy as early as the summer of 2021. “Can you just imagine Nancy Pelosi having to hand that gavel to Donald J. Trump?” he mused at a rally in Iowa. “Why wait until 2024?”"

Yeah, stupid speculation ...

Reactions: Ken g6 and Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trump's future?????
You have to remember, Donald Trump is down to the Q's
All Trump has to depend on are the Q's and the more Trump plays up to the Q's the more every other non Q republican is turned off. Lets face it, Donald Trump's magic potion is wearing off. If all you have are Q's to preach to and that will listen to you, you're in pretty bad shape.

Yes, I think the time for Donald Trump to make some miraculous comeback has left him for good. It's not gonna happen. The republicans have realized they simply no longer want all that damn Trump drama in their lives. Maybe they don't care about classified documents or lawsuits or investigations or threatened indictments, but they do care about putting up with the damn drama and that republicans are tired of.

Poll yesterday shows Trump holds a 44% favorability rating right now. That's a lot of GQP. That's a lot of our enemies right there. If you still support Trump, you are an enemy of America.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
https://www.businessinsider.com/matt-gaetz-wants-trump-house-speaker-3-or-4-hours-2022-2

Key piece of one of those:

"Gaetz began pushing for Trump’s candidacy as early as the summer of 2021. “Can you just imagine Nancy Pelosi having to hand that gavel to Donald J. Trump?” he mused at a rally in Iowa. “Why wait until 2024?”"

Yeah, stupid speculation ...
It's Matt Gaetz.
This demonstrates one of the key problems of 24/7 news, the need to report every random musing of every halfwit in a position of power.

• Haha

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
It's Matt Gaetz.
This demonstrates one of the key problems of 24/7 news, the need to report every random musing of every halfwit in a position of power.
Here's a crazy idea...I know..don't say dumb shit as a politician and you won't make the news!

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
It's Matt Gaetz.

Gaetz is one example. There are other prominent GQP members listed (including Trump's last chief of staff) saying the same thing. They're party leaders. You can't just ignore it given what has transpired the last few years.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
as much as i want him in jail, i will even be more delighted if he is nothing else but BROKE. abso-fucking-lutely BROKE. i want him to become what he despises the most - poor, reviled, and resource-less. i want him begging for change on streets, and for him to know that he is radioactive when it comes to lending him any meaningful amount of money to start a new venture scam

I would take it a step further and say wiped from the history books.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Whatever happens he wont go broke. Way too many tajs in the world, the maga-faithful, willing to bankroll their deity.

I actually like that bit.

Make Trump so poor that he takes his supporters for a ride and they start getting reamed in the wallet!

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
It just more stupid speculation. Every rumor or accusation that involves Trump takes on a life of it's own.
More disqualification of anything Trump-related being legitimate news? Typical @Greenman
I don't know why you can't just admit you're no different than the rest of the sycophants. You are no more 'reasonable' or level-headed.
I would take it a step further and say wiped from the history books.
At this point, there is no undoing the pull he has had on the true imbeciles of our country in the past 5 or 6 years.

Not like humans ever really learn from our mistakes/history, but I think it's important to have a record of just how much damage and fuckery this shithead did during his term. Hopefully it will serve as a warning. At least we'll have the choice to ignore it, as opposed to having no reference to this period at all.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Trump as Speaker would never work. Simply because the only thing that motivates him is direct self interest. He doesnt give a crap about the GOP or countrys interests, but only in him benefiting personally at the cost of everything else. Also has ADD, a very small attention span. He cant pay attention to anyone speaking for more than 5 minutes (unless its praise about himself).

Last edited:
Reactions: ImpulsE69

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
Mentioned this in another thread not long ago. Trump will not run in 2024, he'll likely sit back and imagine himself king maker of sorts. As to what actually becomes of Trump, who knows. But, he is the past. DeSantis has successfully hijacked Trump's base, the torch has been passed whether or not Trump endorses it.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
An option I didn't see but would have picked - pardoned by the next R president with the condition that he never run for office again. All of these lawsuits and investigations could take years to shake out. If next president is a D, he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
An option I didn't see but would have picked - pardoned by the next R president with the condition that he never run for office again. All of these lawsuits and investigations could take years to shake out. If next president is a D, he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

that would quickly be declared to be unconstitutional. The US Constitution spells out the requirements for the presidency. ANY other restriction, including a written agreement not to run...would be struck down by the USSC.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
that would quickly be declared to be unconstitutional. The US Constitution spells out the requirements for the presidency. ANY other restriction, including a written agreement not to run...would be struck down by the USSC.
I think it would be some kind of back door deal that Trump would strike with an R president. If he was on the verge of being convicted, Trump would probably try to strike a similar deal with a D president but the D president would not go for that.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Mentioned this in another thread not long ago. Trump will not run in 2024, he'll likely sit back and imagine himself king maker of sorts. As to what actually becomes of Trump, who knows. But, he is the past. DeSantis has successfully hijacked Trump's base, the torch has been passed whether or not Trump endorses it.
I have no doubt that regardless of who wins 2024, later when asked if he still thinks 2020 was stolen, he will reply yes, and that as far as he's concerned, he's still president now (then).

Reactions: Zor Prime

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think it would be some kind of back door deal that Trump would strike with an R president. If he was on the verge of being convicted, Trump would probably try to strike a similar deal with a D president but the D president would not go for that.
I don’t think that would be necessary. If there’s a Republican president in 2024 then Trump couldn’t run until 2028, which would make him 82.