Trumps future

Trumps future

• Jail

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Convicted but pardoned by Biden on condition he not re-run for pres or any other political office

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Resist and appeal to his zombie base for civil war

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • (least likely) weasel his way out of his legal troubles

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Becomes broke after settling huge state and civil lawsuits and withdraws from the scene

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Dies from a stroke or heart attack upon seeing his worst nightmares come true

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
How do you see Trumps future or legacy? And how would it affect the countrys politics or potential troubles that may arise out of the rejection of his base of an outcome they do not want? Will they just move on to other extreme repubs who would take on his mantle to carry on the fight? Will Trump be a martyr or forgotten in a few years?

Btw, Biden can only pardon those charged with federal crimes (ie, stolen classified documents), but not for other crimes they may be accused of. So ultimately Trump may still end up in jail and/or fined huge sums which may destroy him financially.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Trump's legacy IMO will be that the GQP continues to idolise him for decades after he's gone. Rather like the tories and Thatcher (and now the tories and Boris Johnson). Hopefully this also means they'll be largely leaderless until they've found a new personality to build their next cult on.

Having said that, was he really any kind of leader, or more of a monkey with others acting as the organ grinder. Perhaps they just need a new monkey.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think Trump is indicted and drags things out in court for as long as humanly possible, which will be a long time. If a republican wins in 2024 I would bet they pardon him. If democrats win it will be a race to see if jail or a lifetime of Big Macs gets him first.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Chicken shit will flee the country
An underrated possibility although one with a lot of danger for him as he would then be considered a massive counterintelligence threat, one the US couldn’t ignore. I don’t know how that ends up but I would imagine the pressure brought by the US for his return would be extreme.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I chose weasel his way out because no matter what, I doubt he'll spend an hour of time in jail. Letting your lawyers duke it out and stall and appeal until you are dead is likely his strategy, and since he has the money, he'll "win" that way. At the worst he'll feel inconvenienced if he has to show up to court a few times, and he'll feel wronged because of all of the things hitting him at once, but I doubt he'll ever feel personably responsible or any guilt or remorse.

Remember this guy will fuck anybody at any time if it suits him, and he has the money to buy his way out of trouble. Even if he has to settle with the state of NY, it will still be a win for him in his mind.

I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Perknose and Pohemi

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
An underrated possibility although one with a lot of danger for him as he would then be considered a massive counterintelligence threat, one the US couldn’t ignore. I don’t know how that ends up but I would imagine the pressure brought by the US for his return would be extreme.

This would mark the only time in history that Trump's "intelligence" is of actual concern.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
He will die before his trials and appeals conclude.
Have feeling this may happen. He comes across as the type of guy who seethes and can never relax when his laboriously cultivated persona comes under attack. Wealth is a big part of that and I doubt he could live with his properties or assets seized to pay off debts or lawsuits. Wealth to him means winner. Broke or jail is for losers. The loss of wealth and freedom to him can be a potential death blow.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Have feeling this may happen. He comes across as the type of guy who seethes and can never relax when his laboriously cultivated persona comes under attack. Wealth is a big part of that and I doubt he could live with his properties or assets seized to pay off debts or lawsuits. Wealth to him means winner. Broke or jail is for losers. The loss of wealth and freedom to him can be a potential death blow.
He’s probably super leveraged as most real estate companies are.

Regardless of the actual results being indicted and threatened with prison will drive him insane.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I said chicken shit would flee. But now wondering if he actually gets arrested and placed in a prison cell. Would he Epstein himself?

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Zero fucks to give about what the tangerine terrorist's future will be!

Edit: I just had to add this pic my wife took yesterday at the Louder Than Life festival.

17D6FF4E-D389-420B-99A4-2AFC721AAD5D.jpeg

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Realistically, it looks like Trump will be ground down through a string of lawsuits and, potentially, criminal charges. He might not face the consequences for a few years through his delaying tactics, but he'll have financial troubles he can no longer avoid. Prison time? Maybe, but I'm not counting on it.

That is, of course, provided he lives long enough. I remember wondering if Trump would even survive his term in office due to his notoriously poor health habits. That was a bit excessive, but it's definitely a concern as the man nears 80. You wonder if he's betting that he'll be gone before anyone can really stick him with serious punishment.

Reactions: Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Admittedly this is a terrible thing to say, but whatever else his future is - I just hope it is short. Very short. Less than two years short. The sooner this country can start putting him behind us the better.
Unfortunately I don't think the general shitiness his followers feel empowered to act on will end with him. Too many others in GOP are trying to take that mantle.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He is gonna stroke out.
The Q goppers will be like “Omg he died for our sins”
Desantis steps up; instead of doing the cross, he will do a Q and cite a Trump prayer from the New Trump Gospel scripture “Stolen Election 86:1-7” “So Unfair”.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
as much as i want him in jail, i will even be more delighted if he is nothing else but BROKE. abso-fucking-lutely BROKE. i want him to become what he despises the most - poor, reviled, and resource-less. i want him begging for change on streets, and for him to know that he is radioactive when it comes to lending him any meaningful amount of money to start a new venture scam

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I hope it doesn't come to this, but here's the worst-case scenario I thought of:

1. Republicans take the House in November.
2. Republicans name Trump Speaker of the House. Because the speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress, or so I hear.
3. The zombie base manages a coup against the President and VP.
4. Trump becomes President again. :eek:

It could happen as early as January. Long before he could be convicted of anything that would bar holding office. And he'd still be eligible to run again in two years.

You can prevent this at step 1 if you vote for Democrats in November.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I don't believe Trump will ever be truly broke, broke. There will always be desperate wanna-be Nazis and White Racists who will gladly sell your firstborn to raise money for him.

Look at Dinesh D'Souza. This transplant from India would gladly link up with those who want to exterminate the Black Race. And I am certain there's millions more who would happily join him.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I hope it doesn't come to this, but here's the worst-case scenario I thought of:

1. Republicans take the House in November.
2. Republicans name Trump Speaker of the House. Because the speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress, or so I hear.
3. The zombie base manages a coup against the President and VP.
4. Trump becomes President again. :eek:

It could happen as early as January. Long before he could be convicted of anything that would bar holding office. And he'd still be eligible to run again in two years.

You can prevent this at step 1 if you vote for Democrats in November.
How is that remotely possible?