Trump will withdraw US from Iran deal today, reinstate sanctions

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us

Is that a direct unedited quote? If so lordy

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Jesus, that speech, you can hear where he edited his own words into it .. right where it went from perfect english to rubbish and back to english again.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us

The man is senile

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Is
that a direct unedited quote? If so lordy

Yes, that is a verbatim quote fact checked and all.

More

"I don't stand by anything".

"I want to thank the White House Historical Association and all of the people that work so hard with Melania, with everybody, to keep this incredible house or building, or whatever you want to call it — because there really is no name for it; it is special — and we keep it in tip-top shape. We call it sometimes tippy-top shape. And it’s a great, great place."

“Can you imagine what the outcry would be if @snOOpDogg, failing career and all, had aimed and fired the gun at President Obama? Jail time!”

“Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do. Love!”

Last but not least (but there's much more)

“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

Trump makes GWB sound like Henry Clay.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Dump is getting played by Salman and Netanyahoo, and we're watching American credibility and leadership go down the drain as a consequence. Again.

Reason # 52,897 why we need to get rid of republican "governance." Hope all these MAGA hat wearing morons are heading to the recruiters office, they seem so happy about this news.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Non-binding deal is non-binding deal. Another Obama "accomplishment" goes up in smoke...there now seems to be very little left of Obama's legacy.
Any idiot can tear something down. It takes a read leader and statesman to build something.

Tell me something since you and Trump think its a good idea just to tear down everything Obama built, how does pulling out of the JCPOA make the US safer?

I don't mean just pulling out makes us safer. I mean we pull out and we get X, which makes us safer.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
How do the righties here feel that simply withdrawing from this deal, without our allies behind us, and with Russia & China involved, and without any fallback plan in place, benefit the United States of America?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The main thing is that this agreement doesn't entirely dismantle Iran's nuclear program as it still allows (1) ballistic missile development, (2) their nuclear program to resume in 10 short years, (3) capability to manufacture enough fissile material to construct a nuclear weapon within one year, (4) ability for Iran to rebuild its Arak heavy-water reactor, and (5) Iran's "bad behavior" to continue in Yemen, Syria, Iraq and Lebanon.

At the end of the day, the net result of the treaty was minimally effective with a slight increase in breakout time from 2-3 months to about 1 year. Meanwhile, some of the billions and billions of dollars they received is being used to fund Hezbollah, Houthi rebels in Yemen and other State-sponsored terrorist activities that are profoundly destabilizing our world.

Fantastic! So now all those issues you raised are now addressed? So exactly what did pulling out of this deal do to address any of your concerns?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How do the righties here feel that simply withdrawing from this deal, without our allies behind us, and with Russia & China involved, and without any fallback plan in place, benefit the United States of America?

Delicious Liberal tears are all they care about. Other than that, they got nothing.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0b49bba2194

You know we're in the upside down when Iran is the bigger man and more rational.

Iran says it will negotiate staying in nuclear deal despite U.S. withdrawal

ISTANBUL — Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Tuesday that his government remains committed to a nuclear deal with world powers, despite the U.S. decision to withdraw, but is also ready to resume uranium enrichment should the accord no longer offer benefits.

Rouhani, who had made the deal his signature achievement, spoke following President Trump's announcement that the United States would reimpose wide-ranging sanctions on Iran. The removal of those sanctions, including on the Iranian oil and banking sectors, had been key to persuading Iran to accept limits on its nuclear program.

The Iranian leader said he had directed his diplomats to negotiate with the deal's remaining signatories — including European countries, Russia and China — and that the nuclear agreement could survive without the United States.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that he would "spearhead a diplomatic effort to examine whether remaining JCPOA participants can ensure its full benefits for Iran." The nuclear deal is also known as the JCPOA, or Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.

But Rouhani warned that Iran would begin enriching uranium beyond the levels allowed in the accord if the government decides the country's needs are not being met. He said Iran would decide in "a few weeks" whether or not to ramp up enrichment.

It was a stark warning from an otherwise pragmatic politician who has long championed diplomacy with the West.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do you have anything reasonably intelligent to say on the subject...or are you just here to thread crap ?
You really expect righties to debate a subject based on fact and logic in the age of Trump. Just throw up smoke, keep lying until nobody can tell the difference.

The one thing Trump has accomplished is strengthen the position of the hardliners in Iran.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
nDnrRK

$20B in Boeing orders just went poof. License to sell will be revoked.
Someone link in that Boeing CEO in Oval Office picture and caption "schooled"

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Is this chick related to Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww