Trump wants to air mass executions on TV.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I did nazi that coming....

Paywall link:

Archived link

Trump Plans to Bring Back Firing Squads, Group Executions if He Retakes White House

That’s the question Donald Trump repeatedly asked some close associates in the run-up to the 2024 presidential campaign, three people familiar with the situation tell Rolling Stone.
It’s not an idle inquiry: The former president, if re-elected, is still committed to expanding the use of the federal death penalty and bringing back banned methods of execution, the sources say. He has even, one of the sources recounts, mused about televising footage of executions, including showing condemned prisoners in the final moments of their lives.
snip
At an October rally — to cheers and applause from his audience — Trump pitched a form of supposed justice that has been embraced by some brutal dictatorships. “And if [the drug dealer is] guilty, they get executed and they send the bullet to the family and they want the family to pay for the cost of the bullet,” Trump said at the rally. “If you want to stop the drug epidemic in this country, you better do that…[even if] it doesn’t sound nice.”

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump is simply keeping things simple enough for him to gather up what he thinks are salient thoughts that would make him appear to be the tough guy genius he wants to project to the world. The problem with that is he has the intellect of a five year old spoiled brat bully with an hypersensitive cowardly vapor thin skin.

The more he wants to make himself out to be what he thinks he should be like, the more of an imbecile he shows himself to be. And over 70 million people still think he's the guy that should lead a nation that has proven himself to be a vindictive arrogant morally bankrupt dictator of whom should lead one of if not the most powerful nuclear armed nation on the face of the earth.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Meh...he's just playing to his base.
While I agree that the use of the death penalty should be expanded, most of the blah, blah, blah in that article is just that...blah, blah, blah. Even the deposed King Donnie the Twice Impeached knows such things are unlikely to ever happen.

Reactions: Captante

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Meh...he's just playing to his base.
While I agree that the use of the death penalty should be expanded, most of the blah, blah, blah in that article is just that...blah, blah, blah. Even the deposed King Donnie the Twice Impeached knows such things are unlikely to ever happen.

Capital punishment fails at its chief aims and is abused by the government who will murder innocent people and the mentally handicapped simply because they have the power to do so. So no, expanding the government's ability to kill us probably is a poor idea.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Interestingly enough executions being public is commonly thought to have been one of the primary reasons why the death penalty was abolished. The public generally likes the idea of capital punishment but when they actually witness what that is it revolts them.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Interestingly enough executions being public is commonly thought to have been one of the primary reasons why the death penalty was abolished. The public generally likes the idea of capital punishment but when they actually witness what that is it revolts them.

I guess first he’ll finally start his own tv (subscription only of course) network for these executions and then assign to it exclusive coverage rights. Newsmax will be tripping on their own drool. First recorded show featuring Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, Fauci the Squad, etc. It will be the Super Bowl every day for his base.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just don't forget there are more than enough sick fucks in the GQP today that would definitely enjoy seeing public executions of certain kinds of people.

Reactions: dank69 and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He promised to pardon all those people likely because they are not POCs

Remember crime is cool as long as the perps look like him.
While I think Trump's racism is one of the few things he has been consistent on in life I don't think it would apply here. I think Trump would pardon everyone who was on 'his side' on 1/6 because loyalty to him is the most important thing.

Reactions: Muse and hal2kilo