Trump wants to air mass executions on TV.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The people your policies would help most are the wealthy while hurting the middle class. "Here little people, live in a congested, overpopulated shit hole so the rich can suck a little more money out of your economy. It's for your own good."
See this is where you are imposing your belief system on everyone else which is very dictator like.

To you living in in a densely populated area is bad so I mean everybody that lives in New York City or any city to you is living a substandard life. Meanwhile people are paying a premium specifically to live that life because they love it.

So please stop being a fascist and imposing your lifestyle beliefs on everybody else. Just like the religious right wants to impose their religious beliefs onto everyone you are trying to impose your beliefs of how people should live.

It's just fucked up. I think densely populated areas are bad so i want to force people to never live that way.

I mean it's fascism.

Meanwhile I make my entire living based upon people that want to live in density populated areas. People pay millions of dollars hundreds of thousand dollars to live in smaller places than in rural and suburban areas for a reason. But you want to dictate to them what they should do. That's disturbing

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
See this is where you are imposing your belief system on everyone else which is very dictator like.

To you living in in a densely populated area is bad so I mean everybody that lives in New York City or any city to you is living a substandard life. Meanwhile people are paying a premium specifically to live that life because they love it.

So please stop being a fascist and imposing your lifestyle beliefs on everybody else. Just like the religious right wants to impose their religious beliefs onto everyone you are trying to impose your beliefs of how people should live.

It's just fucked up. I think densely populated areas are bad so i want to force people to never live that way.

I mean it's fascism.

Meanwhile I make my entire living based upon people that want to live in density populated areas. People pay millions of dollars hundreds of thousand dollars to live in smaller places than in rural and suburban areas for a reason. But you want to dictate to them what they should do. That's disturbing
America loves freedom unless that freedom is building a two unit house near them.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We're not talking about homeless buying houses. We're talking about people not losing the homes and apartments they rent or own because their income was interrupted if only briefly. Where I live in the bay area, "middle class" people, basically anyone with salaries under 200K, are spending about half their income on either rent or mortgage. Accordingly, they have no cushion in their bank accounts should they be out of work. Someone goes out of work and has no safety net - no family or friends to take them in - they're on the streets. Lowering housing prices is less about opportunity for existing homeless and more about people not becoming homeless to begin with.

Not for getting rid of all zoning, but zoning and other housing regulations need to be relaxed by a lot. There are too many veto points in the process, too much opportunity for NIMBY's to shut down housing developments.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.--That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Or so the theory went. So why is it that we have failed to demand a government that insures life liberty and happiness by providing the essentials of life. If a man can't any longer independently support himself on his own land much less being able to afford to buy any, and if a job is required to have any money, why is it not the job of government to insure full employment and sufficient affordable housing for it's people. The reason is that because everybody is in a death match to survive there is no such thing as empathy or commonality of purpose. There is only I me mine. So the system, instead of justice produces NIMBYs. What an incredible surprise. But the real closet NIMBY's are the ones who don't want to really fix the system but to change it only as it doesn't affect them. We have Fuck you I got mine vs Fuck you I want what you have. Don't fucking touch the system. It made me who I am and I'm the greatest.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
America loves freedom unless that freedom is building a two unit house near them.
America loves freedom unless it's the freedom of a community to set community standards that don't agree with people not members of that community. Then it's time for fascism to tell the locals to go to hell.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I just want the freedom for landlords to rent to more than one family at a time so we can reduce homelessness. Think of the poor landlords and all the petty laws that keep them from helping people.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Many owners of multi-apartment buildings in New York City don't care about their tenants. Because they know full well that walls could crumble and they could get away with not making timely repairs and not providing adequate heat with nary a worry.

It is truly disgusting what the working poor and those who once earned 50K to 100K have to put up with living in NYC.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Like Jim Crow laws!

States rights!

;)
We pass laws to prohibit racial discrimination? Why not laws that discriminate based on an ability to afford what should be a human right? Why not a house even if you can't afford to pay along with a guaranteed livable wage whether you have a job or not all via federal obligation.

If enough states and people demand the right to racially discriminate the constitution can be changed so that states rights trump federal law.

Nobody wants to be taxed to pay for a decent life for other people when they feel they are being robbed by the very government that won't serve them. Bring on the force to make them obey. The Nazis, of course, only did what the did because it made logical sense.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Many owners of multi-apartment buildings in New York City don't care about their tenants. Because they know full well that walls could crumble and they could get away with not making timely repairs and not providing adequate heat with nary a worry.

It is truly disgusting what the working poor and those who once earned 50K to 100K have to put up with living in NYC.
The rich are doing OK. Where's the impetus to change?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I just want the freedom for landlords to rent to more than one family at a time so we can reduce homelessness. Think of the poor landlords and all the petty laws that keep them from helping people.
Not even remotely relevant. Like I said it’s funny to see how NIMBYs twist themselves into knots to avoid acknowledging reality.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The best way to screw them would be to reduce the value of their holdings.

Guess how you do that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Not even remotely relevant. Like I said it’s funny to see how NIMBYs twist themselves into knots to avoid acknowledging reality.
Funny, I thought my point was extremely relevant. But on the side of the ox you stand on I can see why you missed it.

Reactions: eikelbijter

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Living in a rural area is personally not for me. It's something I would do on a short-term basis maybe a few months or for vacations and really enjoy it. But it's not my type of lifestyle.

But you don't see me trying to ban housing in rural areas.

How come so many people that I know including myself absolutely love living in densely populated areas for all the culture, food, art, diversity, people to meet, interactions to have, to be anonymous and not have your neighbors give a shit what the fuck you are doing, You can wear or do whatever you want and nobody gives a shit unlike any small-minded towns, interesting things around every corner, tons of live shows and movies and music gigs and off-off Broadway and small theater and big theater and just an energy that is intoxicating to so many of us.

Why do these fascists in these rural areas want to cure us of our enjoyment? Why aren't all these city folk that are paying the highest per square foot prices in the nation not fleeing to the suburbs of rural areas where they could get so much more space for their dollars?

Why do these rural fascists want to dictate our way of life?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

I mean it's fascism.

<yawn> At least you admit you're in it for the money, not to help anyone.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Why do these rural fascists want to dictate our way of life?
No one dictated your way of life. You chose to live in a community and now want to force your vision on that community, against the wishes of the other people living there. I don't vote in your community and never will. Your issue is with the other people who there and don't agree with your proposition to trash your community to make a few more bucks.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
At least you admit you're in it for the money, not to help anyone.
Where the fuck did I admit that? Helping people move to where they want to move is is for the money? I do my job ethically and responsibly. I also do sell people homes in the suburbs by the way. And I respect if they want to live there just don't impose your way of life on me.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
No one dictated your way of life. You chose to live in a community and now want to force your vision on that community, against the wishes of the other people living there. I don't vote in your community and never will. Your issue is with the other people who there and don't agree with your proposition to trash your community to make a few more bucks.
How do I want to impose my vision on you? Nobody wants to build dense housing in some rural fuckistan. What are you smoking at night that makes you come up with these insane scenarios?

You literally said before that densely populated living is bad. Clearly you are placing your value system onto other people. I personally don't give a shit if you want to live in some rural bumble fuck it doesn't bother me. There is more than enough land a million times over in this country for there to be a shitload of rural areas. The problem is you people with your judgmental way of life trying to fascist force your way of life on other people are preventing housing being built where people actually want to live the most.

Your lack of self-awareness is frightening.

You place a judgment on people's living and then want to dictate how they live. You might as well be an evangelical Christian at this point. Because you sure are acting like one.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Because ironwing has the ignorant mindset that living in a dense area is bad

"Here little people, live in a congested, overpopulated shit hole so the rich can suck a little more money out of your economy. It's for your own good."

He wants to force his lifestyle onto everyone else.

How fucked up is that.

I mean that quote is clear as day. He doesn't think dense living is good, in fact dense population is a shithole, except for the very wealthy. I'm not very wealthy and you could pry my 700 ft² condo out of my cold dead hands then put me in a less densely populated area. I would fucking wither away and die with boredom. And so would many many people because I know them and I read and understand things outside of my bubble.

I can't believe these housing fascists are such lifestyle fascists too.

Reactions: Leeea

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
How do I want to impose my vision on you?
Your reading comprehension could use some work. Your argument is with the people in your community who don't share your vision.

Fskimospy is the one who wants overrule local preferences in order to impose his vision against the wishes of the local voters.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Again, the regulations you love just enrich the rich more. Maybe that’s what you want, but if you don’t you should come to my side.
There are formulas to be used when buying rental property based on the income from rent. When property values started to rise in the area where I live the rents went up so much that retired people were driven out. I knew and was personally fond of many many of those people whose stories of their own personal suffering I was all too familiar with.

As a renter myself, I saw what was coming and got off my ass to buy something with a fixed mortgage rate.
Another year and I would have never made it. I lived paycheck to paycheck for years and years surviving disasters with credit card debt. Your side just means the contagion of location location location continues to spread. Let me know when you have fixed the situation in NYC. Sounds like you have some local NIMBY issues.. I hear also the infrastructure, sewage, water, garbage, etc. are in need of attention. And aren’t people leaving NYC for For Mexico City? Read somewhere it a hot destination for more and more US citizens.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There are formulas to be used when buying rental property based on the income from rent. When property values started to rise in the area where I live the rents went up so much that retired people were driven out. I knew and was personally fond of many many of those people whose stories of their own personal suffering I was all too familiar with.

As a renter myself, I saw what was coming and got off my ass to buy something with a fixed mortgage rate.
Another year and I would have never made it. I lived paycheck to paycheck for years and years surviving disasters with credit card debt. Your side just means the contagion of location location location continues to spread. Let me know when you have fixed the situation in NYC. Sounds like you have some local NIMBY issues.. I hear also the infrastructure, sewage, water, garbage, etc. are in need of attention. And aren’t people leaving NYC for For Mexico City? Read somewhere it a hot destination for more and more US citizens.
Yes, your NIMBY preferences made it unaffordable for regular people. Thankfully for you, you were not the lower middle class and could afford to buy a place. Most people in the lower middle class are not so lucky. Now that you mention it though people are leaving both NYC and California due to this issue.

It is kind of funny that you see the damage caused by your preferred policies and use that damage to further justify them though. You’re admitting I’m right.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Your reading comprehension could use some work. Your argument is with the people in your community who don't share your vision.

Fskimospy is the one who wants overrule local preferences in order to impose his vision against the wishes of the local voters.
Remember, I’m the one who wants to stop from imposing their vision on people. My vision Is that nobody gets to impose their vision on anyone else.

You are the person who is trying to use the force of government to impose on others.