Trump: two rules, buy American, hire American

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm sure you will be first in line to flip burgers, clean out toilets with shit all around the rim, empty garbage cans, clean hotel rooms every day, and do any general blue-collar labor.

Oh wait, you won't? I guess we will just hire immigrants for cheap that don't have a problem doing those things.

The point flew right over your head. You have a president-elect who ran on things like the premise of Hire American, Make it in America and pay your fair share. He hires American but where he can he hires foreign, he uses foreign resources to build things, and he manufactures the vast majority of his products overseas. If he was such a patriot he would lead by example, not by failing to lead. We all know he is nothing but a fraud and a liar, but it's people like you that probably have been fooled.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm sure you will be first in line to flip burgers, clean out toilets with shit all around the rim, empty garbage cans, clean hotel rooms every day, and do any general blue-collar labor.

Oh wait, you won't? I guess we will just hire immigrants for cheap that don't have a problem doing those things.

Lol

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Trump's labor secretary nominee was on CNBC telling how he prefers foreign workers for his restaurants.

At least thats honest.
Most of them do shit like that in secret then lie to the news and their American employees.
So this is how the great American Renaissance begins? Make America Great Again indeed.

For every factory job that is eliminated by automation that employer saves base pay + benefit costs + insurance + administrative overhead x however many positions were eliminated. If enough are removed then some salaried employees might go with them. Line supervisors get replaced with service technicians for the robots in the realignment. This is the future folks and rich greedy men will usher it in as quickly as they can to return the money back to the shareholders and CEO's who will get huge bonuses for making it happen.

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
At least thats honest.
Most of them do shit like that in secret then lie to the news and their American employees.
UDF7PCq.jpg

Reactions: Puffnstuff

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Aw Awwwww....
There's actually three Trump rules.
Buy American.
Hire American.
Pay Mexico wages.

That Carrier CEO already made this quite clear.
If he could pay his workers $5, he would keep all the jobs in America.
He actually said this.

And righties dare labeled Obama as THE FOOD STAMP PRESIDENT.
If Trump gets his way allowing American corporations to pay their workers a $5 wage, just how many food stamp workers do you think we would have in America?
40%? 50%? 99%?
How about 100%.

(And I just sit back, put my feet up, and smile :) )