Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico due to immigration/asylum issue, starting June 10

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Reactions: Thebobo

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
The president has earned his two scoops of ice cream! If Mexico doesnt deliver results (no matter when those promises were made), they will get a good tariff spanking on their economic rear end.

The stable genius knows what he is doing while Democrats do nothing but criticize and complain.

Trump believes Mexico will pay for his tariffs.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Mexico turns around and makes that corn into tortillas and Corona.

And many more things. They are already one of the top purchasers of US ag products overall.

Soon Trump is going to be taking credit for trade that's been going on for decades.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I want to know where these bad illegals touched them. My guess is many have only heard rumors of them.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I worked in the yard for 4 hours today. Exhausting, and I don't even live in the south.

I know I can't do it anymore, the sun and I have issues that we need to work out (it needs to stop burning me within 15 minutes) if I plan on doing anything outside. I'd end up looking like a lobster.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I know I can't do it anymore, the sun and I have issues that we need to work out (it needs to stop burning me within 15 minutes) if I plan on doing anything outside. I'd end up looking like a lobster.

Hellboy has nothing on you?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Donald J. Trump has exhibited true leadership in helping to stop the raging mass of illegal immigrants crossing the border.

Regular politicians would have made empty promises and carried nothing out.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Jan 25, 2011
"Mexico Agreed to Take Border Actions Months Before Trump Announced Tariff Deal"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/08/us/politics/trump-mexico-deal-tariffs.html

Trump the scammer strikes again.
Now who could have possibly predicted this?

Given the meeting today with the gop congress and their firm refusal to accept any tariffs I suspect this will end quickly. Watch for Trump to claim some victory and tout what Mexico has already been doing all along as some sort of proof.

That anyone still falls for this mans predictible bullshit amazes me.

Reactions: dawp

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
In his everyday life he probably doesn't deal with anyone with an IQ 90 or above, hell I'd be willing to bet about 1/3 of them are probably barely above a turnip. Turnip people are the only humans on this planet that actually scare me because they can vote and own guns. @ch33zwiz I would guess your IQ to be somewhere in the 135-150 range. I am close to 170, 168 to be exact but what're 2 points?
With the proper normal distribution I have an IQ of 300 :) .. Seriously though, in what context do you put those marbles to use?

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
The president has earned his two scoops of ice cream! If Mexico doesnt deliver results (no matter when those promises were made), they will get a good tariff spanking on their economic rear end.

The stable genius knows what he is doing while Democrats do nothing but criticize and complain.

You might want to check with Sen. Ted Cruz, who has called the Mexico tariffs "taxes", as did Sen Cornyn. And guess who they didn't want to pay those taxes? The businesses and customers of Texas. Did you know that Indiana imports $4.5 billion in goods from Mexico every year and their citizens would be paying 5% more for those goods if Donny Dollhands had pulled this off. Republicans were shitting their pants over this and they let the Orange Anus know that if he did this that they would join the Democrats and smack him down in the House and Senate. Err Furor backed off and called it a victory. One other detail: If that bearded asshole, Cruz, thinks the tariffs from Mexico are bad then why are the Chinese ones good?

Because he's a fucking Republican and that means he's only looking out for his ass and the Mexico tariffs hit his ass dead center.

Connect a vacuum gauge to your head and I bet it would read at least 30 inches of mercury. Getting a chick to blow in your ear would be the like getting a brain transplant.

Reactions: esquared and Indus

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
With the proper normal distribution I have an IQ of 300 :) .. Seriously though, in what context do you put those marbles to use?

I don't have a formal post-high school education, I refused to allow my mother to pay for 3 of us to go to college at the same time. I wanted to be a CPA because I am a whiz with numbers, my younger sister who has an IQ just a tad lower than mine just finished her Master's Degree and is now a CPA (I am extremely proud of her, I just wish I could actually tell her that). I'm also on the spectrum so that makes interacting with people difficult as well as having PTSD and being a sociopath so being around people isn't the best thing for me. In other words, I am dangerous which makes me having a grip on the warring parts of myself a good thing.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So..Trump withdrew from NAFTA, negotiated its replacement, and before the ink is dry on the new agreement he's was threatening tariffs against Mexico. If I were Mexico I'd tell Trump whatever he wanted, and then not follow through. Trump clearly doesn't keep his promises; I'd have no hesitation about making a promise to him and then breaking it.

And....I'm sure once impeachment and more of his obstruction and law breaking is brought to the American people, as a distraction - Trump will bitch and moan in an unhinged tweet how Mexico is NOT abiding by the agreement SAD!

Mexico may be making firm and sincere promises that they simply cannot keep. Trump and his enablers may know this and will use it for political advantage.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So..Trump withdrew from NAFTA, negotiated its replacement, and before the ink is dry on the new agreement he's was threatening tariffs against Mexico. If I were Mexico I'd tell Trump whatever he wanted, and then not follow through. Trump clearly doesn't keep his promises; I'd have no hesitation about making a promise to him and then breaking it.

And....I'm sure once impeachment and more of his obstruction and law breaking is brought to the American people, as a distraction - Trump will bitch and moan in an unhinged tweet how Mexico is NOT abiding by the agreement SAD!

Mexico may be making firm and sincere promises that they simply cannot keep. Trump and his enablers may know this and will use it for political advantage.

Apparently all Mexico gave him is a bunch of stuff it already promised to do.

So, we demolished our credibility for nothing.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Apparently all Mexico gave him is a bunch of stuff it already promised to do.

So, we demolished our credibility for nothing.

And he has proceeded to whine relentlessly on Twitter about how nobody outside the cult is buying his bullshit.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If it works with his base is all Trump cares about.

Considering how blatantly flawed and easily debunked Trump's grabs for credibility and legitimacy are and how he gives the "Fake Media" a veritable turkey shoot at his silly "hero building" antics, I'd say Trump's base and the majority of his party (ref. his popularity ratings within the GOP) are the suckers that are born every minute that Trump has been duping all his life. The logical alternative being that most of his supporters really don't mind his being so incompetent, so criminally suspect and being such an chronic racist sociopath.

His unnatural debilitating behavior has become something endearing and highly approved of by his party faithful. If that doesn't concern the average voter, I don't know what will.