Trump...Tax Fraud? Say it ain't so!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Have a fair and impartial Investigation and if he is found Guilty in court he should go to jail.
Every decent person, in my opinion, would agree with you. There is nothing wrong with your morality. The problem comes into play in my opinion, when it comes to how fair and impartial you can manage to be in determining when something is actually fair and impartial. Those things are feeling based on unconscious assumptions acquired by each of us based on personal experience.

For example, when I read @Greenman posting here, I don’t see a Trump supporter but a person who is so concerned about people being unjustly accused of bad behavior that he allows his fears that others are evilly motivated to prosecute people out of some irrational hatred of them that he becomes blind to situations where the evidence of wrongdoing is obvious to most people.

If I happen to enter a room where people are watching a sporting event, something I would avoid if I could, I instantly root for the losing side. I favor the underdog as a bleeding heart liberal.

I find you to bend over backwards assuming most people are not fair and impartial and so much so as to be biased to people when they are actually being fair.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Having a judicial temperament requires a mind that does not have excessive needs to see the world from any other point of view than objectively. This requires a will to see what is and not what one hopes to be true. This requires self awareness and practiced introspection, in my opinion, and is also not the mental condition of a large percentage of people.

Last edited:

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
That goes for pretty much every left-wing idealogue here. Divert. Talk about whataboutism. Assert random things with no basis of fact. See Russia-gate following idiots.
May I suggest you stick with your day job, because comedy isn't for you, even though such a statement coming from you is out right funny, as you post more bullshit and whataboutisms that almost anyone one this board.

Obviously you haven't even attempted to read any of the muller report, or bothered to even pay attention to muller's testimony in congress. (Fox news and friends manipulated clips don't count). There's a reason that the court battle hasn't yet ended for congress to get the full un-redacted version and the courts stated Barr misrepresented the report. The left are not the ones ignoring the facts that are right in front of you.

But we get it. It's easier for you to ignore the truth, and throw out blatant false statements as the one above, and spew/believe conspiracy theories with nothing supporting such BS.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That goes for pretty much every left-wing idealogue here. Divert. Talk about whataboutism. Assert random things with no basis of fact. See Russia-gate following idiots.

Cry some more treasonous pissant, though it is cute to see you guys use the term "fact." Anyone who puts the law and Constitution before Banana republican treason is a left-wing ideologue to you, to quote another poster here "Shhhh, Americans are talking."

No matter what the fevered dreams of banana republicans manage to convince themselves of, Trump worked with Russians to undermine democracy in 2016. No longer up for dispute. A republican led bipartisan Senate Select Intelligence Committee confirmed that Trump solicited help from Russia, and got help from Russia. Probably not too interesting for the parrots who consider magat corruption and cowardice to equal exonerating evidence, but that just proves what shitty Americans they are. Again and again.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
For the fact that the Repubs have had to create an alt-reality world for themselves in order to justify and legitimize their alt-reality views that were conditioned into them by their own thoroughly corrupted party leaders in gov't is testament to how a guy like Trump, a narcissistic megalomaniacal self-serving moronic chronically impaired liar could become the titular head of their party and be lauded and hailed by them as someone who would "Make America Great Again"(?)

Does not the party faithful realize how fantastically bizarre that whole basket case of jaw dropping stupefying surrealism is to everyone else that's outside of that helter-skeltered mish-mashed party of theirs?

Well, it seems the party has reached that point where they're done trying to defend themselves and have gone on to declaring themselves victims of a rigged system and just not caring what the majority of the nation is trying to tell them: "You can't live in your fake world and expect the people in the real one to believe that anything you say is worth listening to."

Reactions: hal2kilo

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Lol! Was this your attempt at creating the most ironic post ever or was the irony lost on you?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Lol! Was this your attempt at creating the most ironic post ever or was the irony lost on you?
The thing I wonder about is if he could have ever even come up with such a critique of the left had the left not pointed out those are far more common attributes of people on the right. Personally, I don't believe the kind of utter tone deaf blindness this poster displays in this thread could ever produce such an critique. In fact, I have a very difficult time even believing this person to honestly represent what he believes. I can accept the level of obtuseness he displays to be none other than intentional. Sadly, what I see is an angry person trying to get even by sticking his ass in our faces. But if I am wrong, then oh my God...........

Reactions: dank69

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I want nothing more than for DJT to just go away, whether through jail or health issues I don't care. I hope the SDNY can move quickly, I'm becoming impatient!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
You know that feeling of impending doom one gets when a cop pulls you over for no reason that you can think of? Or when your doctor tells you over the phone that you should get to a hospital ASAP due to the results of your yearly checkup but won't tell you why?

Well, I think Donald Trump is having that moment repeat itself every time that bubble he's living in pops and exposes his nudity to the world, of which of late has been happening every few seconds or so. Can't wait for the time when he's blowing those bubbles of his behind bars along with his fellow crooks that perped that four year long crime spree of theirs.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
I want nothing more than for DJT to just go away, whether through jail or health issues I don't care. I hope the SDNY can move quickly, I'm becoming impatient!
Even if Trump went to jail, I'm not sure he would go away. It would be fitting though for the Republican's primary influencer to be operating from a jail cell.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You know that feeling of impending doom one gets when a cop pulls you over for no reason that you can think of? Or when your doctor tells you over the phone that you should get to a hospital ASAP due to the results of your yearly checkup but won't tell you why?

Well, I think Donald Trump is having that moment repeat itself every time that bubble he's living in pops and exposes his nudity to the world, of which of late has been happening every few seconds or so. Can't wait for the time when he's blowing those bubbles of his behind bars along with his fellow crooks that perped that four year long crime spree of theirs.
Trump has the magic mental trick he uses. He just turns what normal people would call shame into defensive anger.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If he and his admin are not held accountable, not made a public example of, then things will just get worse.

Reactions: cytg111
Feb 4, 2009
No former President will be going to jail and we don’t want former Presidents going to jail #bothsides and stuff.
Get you expectations in line with what is likely to happen. A big fine and/or a big undisclosed tax settlement.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No former President will be going to jail and we don’t want former Presidents going to jail #bothsides and stuff.
Get you expectations in line with what is likely to happen. A big fine and/or a big undisclosed tax settlement.

This is a criminal case, not a civil one - there is no confidential settlement to be had.

Vance may decide not to prosecute, but if he does decide to do that then Trump/Trump organization either goes to trial or pleads guilty. If they plead guilty then the punishment they accept is public record.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trump has the magic mental trick he uses. He just turns what normal people would call shame into defensive anger.

I think that is a very perceptive description. Seems to me it's related to Stockholm Syndrome. Too much shaming and self respect breaks turning one into a professional shamer as a last resort to self protection. Deeply wounded people can be very mean if their feelings of inferiority get triggered.

Sadly the number of people who experience that is great enough we can see it become cult behavior. There the fear of being shamed or punished for ones vicious lusts get tamped down behind the courage of numbers. Then we see the madness of crowds and the viciousness of vigilante behavior.

Sadly too, this is a behavior that creates what it fears because there is a limit to what more normal people will take from such bullying. We can see some of that now in the exasperation of Democrats in the House and the Senate as Republicans jockey to keep their shame at bay. Jan 6 was no big deal and Democrats were to blame because they were trying to deny the vote of 74 million people.

Republicans are big on personal responsibility when they are talking about somebody else. So sad when your god given right to bully others comes back to haunt you. Lacrimae rerum.

Last edited:

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Bullshit! Every single person should want a guilty former President to go to jail an pay for their crimes. They are not above the law.

Nov 8, 2012

At least one lefty person here isn't snorting the "Trump will be in jail" coke.

Kuddos to you for understanding that the elite don't go to jail - unless they screw over other elites.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At least one lefty person here isn't snorting the "Trump will be in jail" coke.

Kuddos to you for understanding that the elite down don't go to jail - unless they screw over other elites.
People looking at reality know the most likely outcome is that Trump or the Trump Organization is indicted for something. Only a moron would look at the current news and not understand that’s where it’s most likely headed.

What happens after that indictment is super unclear so it’s anyone’s guess. An indictment is coming though, that’s the smart bet.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The logic is super simple:
1) we know Trump committed tax fraud in the past.
2) he was never punished for it so he probably didn’t stop.
3) the Manhattan DA has recently brought on tax/bank fraud expert outside counsel. You don’t do that unless you expect to litigate.

All signs point to the fact that Vance is preparing to indict someone or something.

Reactions: K1052 and Fenixgoon

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
They impeached Clinton over a blowjob. Moral turpitude.

I suspected Trump was a tax fraud when the newsman asked him "How much do you pay in taxes?" and Trump answered "As little as possible." An honest person -- or a thoughtful politician -- would answer "I pay what I owe -- no more -- no less."

Since then, a plethora of information has emerged about Trump's crimes. The Mueller probe begs for further investigation. It's not a "witch-hunt" if there are plenty of dots to connect which beg for finding more dots. If the dots aren't there, well -- that's the end of it. But I suspect that there was real collusion.

The tax question has a background piled high with facts going back maybe 40 years. They now have the most current tax returns. At the same time, we know Trump and Mnuchin tried -- perhaps succeeded -- in deflecting what would ordinarily have been routine IRS oversight.

There are two things I want pertaining to Trump.

I want revenge -- for being slapped in the face daily whenever that Slug appeared on the TV. Revenge for failing to heed intelligence reports and for disbanding the Pandemic Response Team, thus making my life and those of many a sheer misery for the last year -- even though I haven't been infected yet.

But revenge is personal in its dimension. Some could argue that "it's political" -- but it's not.

The second thing? I want Justice. I pay my taxes. If I make mistakes, I file amendments. "I pay what I owe -- no more -- no less."

The man deserves to serve hard time, even if only for tax evasion and tax fraud. He should serve hard time for a lot of other things. The Law is the Law. Either the facts are there to prove his guilt, or they aren't there. There are so many likely crimes the man has committed before, during, at the end of his White House tenure, there are so many dots to connect, he deserves hard time. Don't tell me there's "reasonable doubt". I don't have any "reasonable doubt".

Give him 99 years in the electric chair. Or put him in SuperMax and make him El Chapo's little Bitch.

For all the wrongdoing of Trump, they should expropriate his family's wealth and perhaps put some part of the whole family behind bars.

Will it happen? Some part of it should happen.

"Oh! No! It will inflame the Base!" That's just it. If you elect a Criminal, his conviction and incarceration is not a "political act". It's Justice. And no 74 million people are going to call themselves responsible citizens for following the poor example of a criminal and cheating on their taxes. Or hobnobbing with operatives of a major global adversary. Or trying to do damage to the postal service. or engaging in violations of FEC law. Or laundering money. Or staging an insurrection with a lynch mob going after other elected officials. The list goes on.

99 years in the electric chair; a whole season of MSNBC Lockup: From the White House to the Big House.

Next cases!

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The logic is super simple:
1) we know Trump committed tax fraud in the past.
2) he was never punished for it so he probably didn’t stop.
3) the Manhattan DA has recently brought on tax/bank fraud expert outside counsel. You don’t do that unless you expect to litigate.

All signs point to the fact that Vance is preparing to indict someone or something.
Unfortunately all I’m hearing is they are looking hard at Jr Mint.