Trump Slams Hillary - Full Text

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Just Face it. This whole thing is about trump being sick of winning from winning so much.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
When I see the crumbling roads and bridges, or the dilapidated airports, or the factories moving overseas to Mexico, or to other countries, I know these problems can all be fixed

TIL Mexico is overseas.

secret speeches that she does not want to reveal under any circumstances to the public. I wonder why

Trump should proceed with caution with this line of attack considering he's not only also refused to release the transcripts of his paid speeches, but he's also refused to release any of his tax returns.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Hillary whoring out her political office to Russia :

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

Donations to the Clinton Foundation, and a Russian Uranium Takeover

How foreign cash made Bill and Hillary ‘filthy rich’

Hillary moneyman highlights new Saudi connection

And here is your vaunted WaPo :

Foreign donations to foundation raise major ethical questions for Hillary Clinton

The foundation of course provides luxury travel for Hillary Clinton and her spouse, a high-visibility platform and access to mega-donors. She is beholden in a meaningful sense to its donors. No presidential candidate can justify a conflict of interest of this magnitude; it is not merely the appearance of conflict but actual conflict of interest.

NYT did its homework :

zdsyWZf.jpg

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Everyone loves jobs, but what exactly is Trump's strategy to bring them back?

Just empty promises, no substance.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

By the 'vaunted WaPo' you mean an editorial blog post from a person explicitly hired to give right wing commentary? When Paul Krugman says something is that the New York Times saying it? Attempting to equate editorial content from third parties to a newspaper's stance on an issue without attribution is either an embarrassing oversight or an attempt at deception.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well I had almost given up hope but now I'm not so sure. That was a masterful speech. He has a chance to win in my opinion, if he can stick to those issues.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well I had almost given up hope but now I'm not so sure. That was a masterful speech. He has a chance to win in my opinion, if he can stick to those issues.

I hope other people view it that way too. His campaign has been such a disaster recently that I was starting to genuinely worry that the party might revolt and toss him out before the convention. If that happened the Democrats might have a much harder fight on their hands.

If he keeps this up then Democrats will have an ignorant, racist buffoon to keep pounding on until November. Fingers crossed!

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Looks like it will be an entertaining election. It's sad that he's actually right about politics being rigged right now.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Hillary taking money from the Saudis shows that they own her. Trump taking money from the Saudis shows what a great businessman he is, even though it was to stave off bankruptcy.

If he had declared bankruptcy it would have been the BEST bankruptcy you ever saw.

So what's your stance on this one, are you against both or neither taking money from the Saudis?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Yoohooooo.... OP..... pst, care to address these bald face lies:

1.) He once again claimed to be a staunch opponent of the Iraq War.

There is no doubt that Hillary Clinton’s support for the Iraq War is a big, black mark on her record. But as is usually the case, Trump is being hypocritical when he trashes her for it since he himself thought it was a great idea back in 2002.

As Buzzfeed has documented, Trump told Howard Stern that he was in favor of invading Iraq and expressed none of the supposedly dire reservations that he had about the war that he now says he had.

This is such an obvious lie that no reporter with any self-respect should let him get away with it — when he says that he was against the Iraq War, the only response should be, “No you weren’t.”

2.) He once again said the U.S. is the highest taxed country in the world.

Like Trump’s lie about the Iraq War, this is another falsehood that he has repeated over and over again. As Politifact has tirelessly documented a number of times, the United States is ranked 31st in tax revenue as a percentage of GDP, 17th in corporate tax revenue as percentage of GDP, and 19th in tax revenue per capital among OECD countries.

What will it take to get Trump to stop repeating this lie? Basically nothing because he’s impervious to facts. But no reporter should let him again say it unchallenged because it is demonstrably untrue.

3.) Trump claims we could rebuild “every inner city in America” for all the money we’re spending on settling Syrian refugees.

This claim is a real howler. Per The Washington Post, the United States had allotted $1.5 billion to spend on resettling refugees in fiscal year 2015. How much would it take to rebuild “every inner city in America?” Well, let’s just say a lot more than that. Let’s put it like this: Billionaire Dan Gilbert bought and renovated 60 buildings in downtown Detroit… and he spent $1.3 billion to do it. Which is almost as much as what the U.S. spent on resettling refugees in 2015.

4.) Trump claimed Hillary Clinton slept through the 2012 attack in Benghazi.

In reality, Clinton testified under oath that she stayed up the entire night monitoring the situation. This is not something that Clinton would lie about under oath because she was regularly in contact with people at the State Department the whole night who would certainly contradict her if she weren’t.

In fact, the only reason Clinton would lie about this is because she saw how often Trump got away with blatantly lying and she wanted to try it out for herself.

5.) Trump once against smeared immigrants by saying “Hundreds of recent immigrants and their children have been convicted of terrorism inside the U.S.”

The Washington Post recently reviewed “lists of cases from 2014 and 2015, involving 76 people charged with activities relating to foreign terrorist organizations” and found that “57 were U.S. citizens, seven were lawful permanent residents and two were refugees.” Trump has normally backed up this claim by saying there are “dozens and dozens more” cases that we never hear about from the government. But since he has absolutely no evidence to back up this charge, it should be tossed in the same garbage basket that contains Barack Obama’s forged birth certificate and the note from Ted Cruz’s dad that shows he helped plot to kill JFK.

The only thing being "slammed" is his credibility and the pathetic sheep that follow him...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So what's your stance on this one, are you against both or neither taking money from the Saudis?

Anyone who has spent decent amounts of time in powerful positions has probably had dealings with the Saudis (or other wealthy, but unsavory characters) It's hard to care. I just found it amusing that Trump is trying to have it both ways.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I personally doubt there is a Republican candidate better suited to defeat Clinton than Trump and I also believe that the seemingly innate smug intellectual superiority with which liberals dismiss the conservative capacity to understand human psychology could help immensely to get Trump elected. You just don't seem to see that your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness. Haha.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yoohooooo.... OP..... pst, care to address these bald face lies:

1.) He once again claimed to be a staunch opponent of the Iraq War.

There is no doubt that Hillary Clinton’s support for the Iraq War is a big, black mark on her record. But as is usually the case, Trump is being hypocritical when he trashes her for it since he himself thought it was a great idea back in 2002.

As Buzzfeed has documented, Trump told Howard Stern that he was in favor of invading Iraq and expressed none of the supposedly dire reservations that he had about the war that he now says he had.

This is such an obvious lie that no reporter with any self-respect should let him get away with it — when he says that he was against the Iraq War, the only response should be, “No you weren’t.”

2.) He once again said the U.S. is the highest taxed country in the world.

Like Trump’s lie about the Iraq War, this is another falsehood that he has repeated over and over again. As Politifact has tirelessly documented a number of times, the United States is ranked 31st in tax revenue as a percentage of GDP, 17th in corporate tax revenue as percentage of GDP, and 19th in tax revenue per capital among OECD countries.

What will it take to get Trump to stop repeating this lie? Basically nothing because he’s impervious to facts. But no reporter should let him again say it unchallenged because it is demonstrably untrue.

3.) Trump claims we could rebuild “every inner city in America” for all the money we’re spending on settling Syrian refugees.

This claim is a real howler. Per The Washington Post, the United States had allotted $1.5 billion to spend on resettling refugees in fiscal year 2015. How much would it take to rebuild “every inner city in America?” Well, let’s just say a lot more than that. Let’s put it like this: Billionaire Dan Gilbert bought and renovated 60 buildings in downtown Detroit… and he spent $1.3 billion to do it. Which is almost as much as what the U.S. spent on resettling refugees in 2015.

4.) Trump claimed Hillary Clinton slept through the 2012 attack in Benghazi.

In reality, Clinton testified under oath that she stayed up the entire night monitoring the situation. This is not something that Clinton would lie about under oath because she was regularly in contact with people at the State Department the whole night who would certainly contradict her if she weren’t.

In fact, the only reason Clinton would lie about this is because she saw how often Trump got away with blatantly lying and she wanted to try it out for herself.

5.) Trump once against smeared immigrants by saying “Hundreds of recent immigrants and their children have been convicted of terrorism inside the U.S.”

The Washington Post recently reviewed “lists of cases from 2014 and 2015, involving 76 people charged with activities relating to foreign terrorist organizations” and found that “57 were U.S. citizens, seven were lawful permanent residents and two were refugees.” Trump has normally backed up this claim by saying there are “dozens and dozens more” cases that we never hear about from the government. But since he has absolutely no evidence to back up this charge, it should be tossed in the same garbage basket that contains Barack Obama’s forged birth certificate and the note from Ted Cruz’s dad that shows he helped plot to kill JFK.

The only thing being "slammed" is his credibility and the pathetic sheep that follow him...

I admire your attempt to penetrate the reality distortion field. But I fear little will come of it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I personally doubt there is a Republican candidate better suited to defeat Clinton than Trump and I also believe that the seemingly innate smug intellectual superiority with which liberals dismiss the conservative capacity to understand human psychology could help immensely to get Trump elected. You just don't seem to see that your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness. Haha.

I guess only time will tell, but if Trump is so well suited to beating Clinton then why is he losing so badly? His general election performance so far is the worst in modern history if I'm not mistaken. In fact, the more people are exposed to him the less popular he gets.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005

Underestimating the irrationality of people is a hall mark of intellectuals. Its the opposite of dunning-kruger, a smart person tends to think those around them are smart as well. It takes time to see the world as it really is. IMO only a very few do before they die. I don't pretend to think I do.

I was born and partially raised in the South. I used to get defensive when people in IL would talk down about the South. The longer I'm away from the South and the more I learn about its history and current policies, the less it feels like a place I identify with. My reality was altered and continues to change.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

You're having a whole lot of fun this election.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I guess only time will tell, but if Trump is so well suited to beating Clinton then why is he losing so badly? His general election performance so far is the worst in modern history if I'm not mistaken. In fact, the more people are exposed to him the less popular he gets.

I think society is leaving the republican party behind. The democrats saw the shift during LBJ's time and left the South behind. Republicans need to reinvent themselves. Fear and hate are powerful motivators, but many see through the talk these days especially young people and minorities which are becoming an increasingly bigger electorate.

I see Trump being the last chance for the underlying message of the republican party to succeed. If things keep going as they are now (no major deaths or events) then Hillary will slide in easily.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I think a lot of resonant, populist notes are being struck in that speech. It's interesting to observe how disconnected the largely intellectual crowd here is from the concerns of average working class schmoes. Some of the elements in the speech are not even parts of the Republican platform, speaking instead to those Bernie voters that he'll need to win.

Feb 16, 2005
I think a lot of resonant, populist notes are being struck in that speech. It's interesting to observe how disconnected the largely intellectual crowd here is from the concerns of average working class schmoes. Some of the elements in the speech are not even parts of the Republican platform, speaking instead to those Bernie voters that he'll need to win.

avg working class shmoe here and none of that resonated with me. in fact I am the prototypical, middle aged, white, hetero male. kinda like drumpfs base. he's just a vile, repugnant, con man who got much further into this election cycle than anyone thought he would short of himself.

Feb 4, 2009
I only heard pieces but apparently there were two teleprompters and it sounded a lot more normal other than being loaded with lies. You can tell a new man is in charge and its not Trump.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It's more like his pitch to working class schmoes is pretty easily countered with the fact that he is in the midst of multiple lawsuits for defrauding working class schmoes with his scam university.

He promised regular people if they just trusted him he would give them everything they always dreamed of. Then he stole their money. There's no way around that, it's lethal.