Trump Seems Resigned Biden Will Win: ‘He’s Going to Be Your President’

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He's a defeated man, looking forward to his niece's biography to explain the family psychology that lead to him being this way.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Guys if you think he's giving up you're deluding yourselves. I'm sure he's:
1) Well aware that he may be in legal jeopardy and,
2) Terrified of the humiliation he would feel if he lost.

Forget the legal jeopardy, his mental illness alone will drive him to do everything he can to win, up to and including abusing his powers of office to cheat.

Can't relax until after election day and really until after Biden is inaugurated. Even if Trump loses he will likely try to undermine the validity of his loss.

Yeah haha, no way is that fuk giving up. Doing so would be admitting defeat, that he can't win. My prediction is, if he loses in November, he cries foul and causes a constitutional crisis, but leaves at the last minute because he doesn't want to be dragged out in front of cameras. Then claims he never really wanted a second term anyway, and by the way, he was cheated out of this thing he now claims he didn't want anyway. So unfair! And why was everyone so mean to him?

Then hopefully he goes to jail. Then dies from an untreated bowel obstruction.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah haha, no way is that fuk giving up. Doing so would be admitting defeat, that he can't win. My prediction is, if he loses in November, he cries foul and causes a constitutional crisis, but leaves at the last minute because he doesn't want to be dragged out in front of cameras. Then claims he never really wanted a second term anyway, and by the way, he was cheated out of this thing he now claims he didn't want anyway. So unfair! And why was everyone so mean to him?

You should print this prediction out and keep it because if he loses I think this will turn out to be spot on.

Hopefully including the bowel obstruction.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I predict Trump is going to go for a 'rope a dope' strategy, hoping that Dems stay home because they think Biden has it in the bag.
Don't fall for it. The only poll that matters is on Nov 3rd.
ahh.. possible.

lets see how well Dem strategists handle Trump indirect advantages in the next few months.
ie: complacency (14 point lead.. we're going to win so i dont need to vote mentality) and voter suppression

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I agree he's not giving up. He never expected to win. He quite possibly wanted to lose and start the anti-Hillary network that would rival FOX. But, once he was the nominee, he wasn’t planning on losing the 2016 election either. He was just running for President because that gave him attention and he had no thoughts about what would happen next and what he would do if he won or if he lost. He treats his presidency the same way. There’s no plan for what happens next. He just says whatever gives him the most attention today. He makes no plans for the future.

If he doesn't go to jail, Trump is going to hate being an ex-President. His need for attention is a bottomless pit. Right now, he’s the most famous person on Earth and it’s barely enough to satisfy him. But he’s gotten used to this level of attention. In a year (or five) when he has to go back to being just another famous person, it will no longer be enough for him.

He clearly doesn’t want the attention of SDNY. But that’s pretty much been his ‘business’ model his entire life. Sue, and sue again until it goes away. His only escape from some of this is to out run the statute of limitations on stuff. Although still, he continues his criminal behavior. He can’t help it, because that’s all he knows.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Upon removing the bowel obstruction, surgeons reveal that it oddly resembles a curiously-undigested Lindsey Graham, as if the corpse had never even passed through the stomach, somehow.

• Love
Reactions: jman19 and hal2kilo

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Seemed that he decided to give up on doing anything serious about COVID, tells me he just doesn't give a shit and is trying to figure out how to get out of his predicament without going to jail. Nothing else is on his mind.
Hm, well, if he locks himself in his office and starts filling a sheet of paper with the words "The Ascension of the Ordinary Man" (in gold sharpie, naturally) - WORRY.

:p

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Trumps only real selling point was the economy, and that's a smoking crater. I don't see any way that Joe looses.
That said, I don't believe Joe will make it through his first term, he's clearly in decline. As long as he has a half decent VP, it shouldn't matter.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Trumps only real selling point was the economy, and that's a smoking crater. I don't see any way that Joe looses.
That said, I don't believe Joe will make it through his first term, he's clearly in decline. As long as he has a half decent VP, it shouldn't matter.

I think he will, but he also doesn't expect to be a two-termer. In that light, the VP pick is as much about finding someone who can keep the Republicans out in 2024 and prevent them from redoing Trump's damage.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think he will, but he also doesn't expect to be a two-termer. In that light, the VP pick is as much about finding someone who can keep the Republicans out in 2024 and prevent them from redoing Trump's damage.
I mean Biden's in way better shape, both mentally and physically than Trump was when he won in 2016.

We're going to see concern trolling about Biden's health from here to election day because honestly that's all conservatives have. They have now, two presidencies in a row, visited enormous catastrophes on the country.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Guys if you think he's giving up you're deluding yourselves. I'm sure he's:
1) Well aware that he may be in legal jeopardy and,
2) Terrified of the humiliation he would feel if he lost.

Forget the legal jeopardy, his mental illness alone will drive him to do everything he can to win, up to and including abusing his powers of office to cheat.

Can't relax until after election day and really until after Biden is inaugurated. Even if Trump loses he will likely try to undermine the validity of his loss.

He'll say the election is rigged.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I mean Biden's in way better shape, both mentally and physically than Trump was when he won in 2016.

We're going to see concern trolling about Biden's health from here to election day because honestly that's all conservatives have. They have now, two presidencies in a row, visited enormous catastrophes on the country.
I think you meant five.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I think you meant five.

Agreed - Nixon, Reagan, HW Bush, W Bush and tRump - Five. The debt piled up over those terms are about 90% of our current outstanding, given Clinton’s surplus. Obama never got to a surplus, but he significantly cut the yearly run rate.

I often imagine how things might be different had Gore won in 2000. I am not sure we would have had tRump, but maybe it erupts sooner.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
I can understand your reasoning for his fears of prosecution and jail time. You have to understand that Trump has gotten away with a lot of crimes and this government let him do it. So when he is voted out office they will let him take advantage of the justice system like he has under the Presidency. I strongly believe he will get away with what ever he is charged when he is out of office. Look at Bush and all he did. He is living and hiding on 1600 acres in Crawford, Texas. No one has come for him for taking down the World Trade Center, Tower 7 and the missile attack on the Pentagon. Not at all.