Trump Seems Resigned Biden Will Win: ‘He’s Going to Be Your President’

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Biden “is going to be president because some people don’t love me.”

Or is this reverse psychology to get more votes?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
He did not have an agenda for his first term. Not news, this is expected. He has been like a child finding the next toy. No reason this would change if he is elected again. He is saying these things to activate his base. Never underestimate his ability to do this.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
He is going to have some more buffoonery, lies and a whole bunch of other "nonsense" for the American people if he wins re-election. <--- You can "guarantee" that!!! An actor, a clown and entertainer has to keep the show going. America ate up all of Trump's Bullsh*t! Now we are facing a $3.7 trillion dollar deficit that so called "senile" Biden will not be able to fix. But, You bet when Fox News ratings go down - they will blame Biden for Trump's enormous deficit. Wait and see... Let's see if Carnival man gets the last laugh

Reactions: DarthKyrie

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
He did not have an agenda for his first term. Not news, this is expected. He has been like a child finding the next toy. No reason this would change if he is elected again. He is saying these things to activate his base. Never underestimate his ability to do this.
A chronic liar just can't resist - well you know ----> LYING!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I find it telling that his reasoning for a Biden win would be "because some people don't love me." Like it's his pathological narcisssm, his need for constant praise, laid bare. It's true that most politicians want to have broad public support, but they don't want affection, they want agreement and to know that they're doing the right thing for the country -- there's a difference.

If Trump really is resigned to losing, I wonder if it's registered on him yet that there's a real chance he'll be charged, convicted and imprisoned once he's out of office. That he's basically living on borrowed time.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
He's just trying to rile up his base enough to get energized. Almost none of them would ever vote for the Devil a Democrat, but they might stay home if they are turned off enough by Trump's "performance". Hillary lost in 2016 because a shit-ton of angry Liberals claimed "both sides suck", while Trump's ultra-rich base was joined by poor white underemployed people who were angry about *something* and Trump's rhetoric gave them plenty of illogical scapegoats to hate (mostly illegals).

We'll see which base gets the most riled up this time, and whether the Democrats and their purity tests actually get out there and vote (if they did, consistently, they'd win every election.)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Seemed that he decided to give up on doing anything serious about COVID, tells me he just doesn't give a shit and is trying to figure out how to get out of his predicament without going to jail. Nothing else is on his mind.

Reactions: zinfamous

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Guys if you think he's giving up you're deluding yourselves. I'm sure he's:
1) Well aware that he may be in legal jeopardy and,
2) Terrified of the humiliation he would feel if he lost.

Forget the legal jeopardy, his mental illness alone will drive him to do everything he can to win, up to and including abusing his powers of office to cheat.

Can't relax until after election day and really until after Biden is inaugurated. Even if Trump loses he will likely try to undermine the validity of his loss.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hannity asked Trump what his agenda would be in his second term and Trump had nothing...oh he talked and talked but never mentioned one thing about his next agenda. And they say Biden has cognitive problems.

pretty much like what he always said about his planned agenda back in in 2015-2016, though.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
It's not likely that taking health care away from over 20 million people is going to get you reelected. Trump is still trying to undo every single thing Obama did while in office. Hopefully if Biden gets elected along with majorities in the House and Senate a number of very important environmental protections can be reinstated. Future Presidents should get Congress to pass laws to protect the environment, those on DACA, et al instead of using executive orders, which can simply be undone by the next President.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Guys if you think he's giving up you're deluding yourselves. I'm sure he's:
1) Well aware that he may be in legal jeopardy and,
2) Terrified of the humiliation he would feel if he lost.

Forget the legal jeopardy, his mental illness alone will drive him to do everything he can to win, up to and including abusing his powers of office to cheat.

Can't relax until after election day and really until after Biden is inaugurated. Even if Trump loses he will likely try to undermine the validity of his loss.

He has not given up. Remember he has some deep coffers. He also has the ability to impact things through Fadbook. He was effective before and the old adage that a wounded animal is most dangerous must apply to him.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
It's not likely that taking health care away from over 20 million people is going to get you reelected. Trump is still trying to undo every single thing Obama did while in office. Hopefully if Biden gets elected along with majorities in the House and Senate a number of very important environmental protections can be reinstated. Future Presidents should get Congress to pass laws to protect the environment, those on DACA, et al instead of using executive orders, which can simply be undone by the next President.

Not sure I agree with that. Obama lost the Senate and a House after passing the ACA. If that was the case, then the majorities that were in place would have gotten bigger not lost.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He has not given up. Remember he has some deep coffers. He also has the ability to impact things through Fadbook. He was effective before and the old adage that a wounded animal is most dangerous must apply to him.
It's the wounded animal part that concerns me, and it's not just about the election.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Trump was all about the economy and the coronavirus pretty much took care of THAT. And it could be, as they say, GODS WILL but you'd need to ask Mike Pence about that. And I'm sure that Mike would have some BS answer, which is typical.

So given the economy had crashed and will continue to crash as those government coronavirus funding programs soon expire, well then the shet will really hit the fan. Small businesses going under, and those Americans put out of work will soon be out of receiving their government funding. And with this all happening at the same time, the virus continues to resurge.

SO there you have a very plausible excuse for why Donald Trump would rather not be reelected, and would prefer to hand this mess over to Joe Biden. The Only... ONLY hope for Donald Trump is if a vaccine suddenly came to the table. A vaccine that works and can be administered to millions of Americans over a few weeks time. THEN, Donald Trump may be able to salvage his national disaster. BECAUSE..... if America is forced to shut down once again, I doubt the stock market could survive a second major hit. I doubt our business economy could survive, and I doubt many Americans could survive having no money or food or housing for their families. The virus is still very much in control of EVERYTHING. Its just too too bad that we had Donald Trump during this time. Really, too too bad. If Donald Trump had not been president then America may have recovered from this pandemic, or came awfully close.

After all, it was Donald Trump that politicized this pandemic in the first place, and further divided America in the second place. Donald Trump was in denial, then came the conspiracy theories, and now we find America returning back into a full on pandemic. All we need now is for this virus to mutate into a yet more deadly coronavirus, with the mutation targeting the young people. As with any plague from god sent to punish Christian America for Donald Trump, additional plagues to come are common place, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next stage were a mutated Covid 19 but only much more deadly and way more contagious. You know, like the pharaohs had to deal with.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Not sure I agree with that. Obama lost the Senate and a House after passing the ACA. If that was the case, then the majorities that were in place would have gotten bigger not lost.
He made points with this proposal during the campaign and early is his presidency, because he claimed he would replace it with something better. Now, not so much, because it is obvious that he has no better plan, just wants to screw over the poor.

Nov 29, 2006
He already got all the crazies with his first run. I doubt he gained any new ones, but may have lost a few who think he is just too crazy. My guess is a huge defeat especially if the dems learned not to ignore certain states (FU EC for making that a thing)

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I predict Trump is going to go for a 'rope a dope' strategy, hoping that Dems stay home because they think Biden has it in the bag.
Don't fall for it. The only poll that matters is on Nov 3rd.

Thankfully, I don't think that strategy will work given that 2016 is still fresh in people's minds. I'm more concerned about individual states trying to disenfranchise the many voters who do turn up.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Hannity asked Trump what his agenda would be in his second term and Trump had nothing...oh he talked and talked but never mentioned one thing about his next agenda. And they say Biden has cognitive problems.

He talked about himself.

Well one of the things that will be really great: You know, the word “experience” is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience, I’ve always said that. But the word “experience” is a very important word. It’s a very important meaning. I never did this before, I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times, all of a sudden I’m president of the United States, you know the story, I’m riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady and I say, “This is great.”
But I didn’t know very many people in Washington, it wasn’t my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like you know an idiot like Bolton, all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.

That is his agenda for his second term, to keep talking about himself.

As someone said of this answer in a WaPo editorial today, if that had been a job interview, the interviewer would have politely said thank for you application but you're not a good fit for us at this time. My own response wouldn't have been nearly so polite.