Trump says privately he will leave Paris climate agreement, and does!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
When they look back many many years ago Trump will probably be regard as the worst US president. Even worse than Bush Jr.

Of course, the Eastern seaboard and California will all be under water. Lol

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I wish he would've given it to Congress to decide. Like Obama should've.

My guess is that if he did, Mitch McConnell would have said no thanks Mr. President. But if you do it, we'll back you 100% -wink, wink, nod, nod-

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wish he would've given it to Congress to decide. Like Obama should've.

It was done specifically to avoid Congress. You know as well as I do that a Republican Senate would have refused to take action on climate change and frankly the issue was too important to continue to do nothing.

This is a good reason to stop voting for Republican senators, by the way. If you think climate change is real and want the US to do something about it they are a big part of the problem.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
When they look back many many years ago Trump will probably be regard as the worst US president. Even worse than Bush Jr.

Of course, the Eastern seaboard and California will all be under water. Lol

North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida and Louisiana are at much greater risk than California or New York.

Jul 9, 2009
Make sure you don't get too close to the edge of the world because you might fall off!
Just let me know how much of an effect the Paris Accords were going to have by 2050 and how much it would cost the United States. Bet you can't, but good luck trying to find an answer.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
No offense meant personally, but in only four months the United States has become a joke. The President is a conspiracy theorist and is making key policy decisions that will effect the future based on his beliefs in conspiracies. There will be no living this down. History will look back at this and label him, and those who shared his deranged ideology, as sociopaths.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ughh...another horrible speech. A "beautiful" new mine is opening soon?. Why does Trump seem to want us all to be coal miners? Between that and his ranting about steam power, he certainly comes off as though he thinks 1910 or so was the golden age to aspire to.

Climate change denial is the ultimate victory for the right wing media machine - purely driven by corporate greed ... 30% or so of the voting public has been brainwashed. They don't trust science even though it provides us with a extravagant lifestyle even among the poor.

From what I understand, there are so many cities, states and corporations that are well down the way toward greenhouse gas reduction. So that's good for the planet, Trumps actions, although, are terrible for our stature in the world and the economy. California has moved ahead of even what the Paris Accords define. It also has the fastest growing economy in the US, and the 7th largest economy in the world. Rather than mocking California, maybe we should notice their success and see if we can learn from it and move forward.

What's the over/under on Trump tweeting that Elon Musk is a loser?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He left a non-binding agreement only to make the US a global scapegoat for global warming and destroy any pretense of American global leadership. So much winning.

Reactions: Kuosimodo

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Here was the weather channels front page today:

screen_shot_20170601_at_4.34.53_pm.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.34.53_pm.png

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
You poor, victimized snowflake. Now scurry back under your rock, where you can quake in fear of those mean libs. I guess it could be worse for you if the libs were female. That'd probably kill you.

I'm surprised the numbers are that high with the fear of violence and retribution that every conservative now faces.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I'm surprised the numbers are that high with the fear of violence and retribution that every conservative now faces.

what should the price for treason be?

reality is that the current violence problem is on your side and you own it everyday.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
lol, you poor, persecuted snowflake, how shall you ever persevere?
It really is remarkable how utterly pathetic the losers that voted for him are.
No offense meant personally, but in only four months the United States has become a joke. The President is a conspiracy theorist and is making key policy decisions that will effect the future based on his beliefs in conspiracies. There will be no living this down. History will look back at this and label him, and those who shared his deranged ideology, as sociopaths.
He's the weakest President in generations, possibly ever. And the people that support him really are just the whiniest little pussy bitches.