Trump NY indictment thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Tomorrow will be meme day

QKq9lW7Fl4gb6hHIydgZnEbdxc7tONatvFPj_Zauvys.jpg

sn7hr2dm9zqa1.jpg

pa9ds6n4gzqa1.jpg

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Back the Blue people are liars. These same people passed a law Hoosierville (Indiana) that allowed private property owners to shoot and kill any public servants trying to illegally trespass their property. I believe it's in a state of repeal now. The same people attached security and police at the Capitol on Jan 6th. The list goes on. These people support the blue the same way they do the military. You'll never see a rich Republican's kid go into the military that wasn't a cushy position. Your average yope dope Republican and Democrat gave up their lives the last 30 years under the new Republican complex to go fight wars we had no real business involving ourselves with. Same dumb shits who mad eit hard for NYC fire brigade staff to get the healthcare they deserved. They had to get Jon Steward, thanks to the member who reminded me, to go in front of congress and plead for their case to be heard. A civilian had to do that while Republicans ignored them. Patriots my hairy ass. The same Republicans continuously rat fuck military members and their dumb ass constituents who don't benefit from their policies.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
All that Fox and the Trumpies can do is yell and scream and put Donald Trump Junior up on the screen whining how unfair all this is.
I remember when Charles Manson was arrested, Manson had a fan club too cheering him on and claiming how unfair it was to hold Charles accountable. And those Manson fans were murderous thugs as were the Donald Trump murderous insurrectionist thugs.

Let them yell. Let them scream. And let them remember... they failed at their government overthrow. Besides, this is still the United States of America, not Donald Trump land.

But I can't help but wanting sooooo badly to see the smirk on Hillary Clinton's face. She has to be loving this. Hey Trump butch, who's the one wearing the orange jumpsuit now????

R.c16373e95ca1ed9bc400ff37825cac0d.jpg

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I remember when Charles Manson was arrested, Manson had a fan club too cheering him on and claiming how unfair it was to hold Charles accountable. And those Manson fans were murderous thugs as were the Donald Trump murderous insurrectionist thugs.
You're an old timer I see.

The problem with Manson groupies then and even now who defend him is the language he used when communicating with his flock. He never directly said murder those people or close to that. He used vague orders. The problem with that is it never worked for the mob either who held more power. If the mob bosses and lackeys got fucked over in court by the gov why did Manson or his mentally disturbed groupies think they could? Had American and Guyanese authorities got to them in time Jim Jones would have spent the rest of his life rotting in jail and all those innocent but brainwashed people would be alive. His lackeys murdered a us rep who took back some people who wished to exit the cult. You can see the same cult behavior in certain republican and democrat circles. Even inbred people aren't that insane.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So. Anyone else a little bit worried about how this can be used to propel his 2024 bid to escape velocity.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
So. Anyone else a little bit worried about how this can be used to propel his 2024 bid to escape velocity.
Not a chance, remember that he barely won 2016, and he lost his re-election by the highest margin of any incumbent in history. He does NOT have the pull to win an election anymore, and I don't think any other R candidate has the pull to get enough votes away from trump to win either. The RNC has genuinely fucked themselves.

The only thing that brings a win for Republicans at this point (aside from Trump stepping down entirely) is faithless electors, so that's what I'm looking out for. Not polling numbers.

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Not a chance, remember that he barely won 2016, and he lost his re-election by the highest margin of any incumbent in history. He does NOT have the pull to win an election anymore, and I don't think any other R candidate has the pull to get enough votes away from trump to win either. The RNC has genuinely fucked themselves.

The only thing that brings a win for Republicans at this point (aside from Trump stepping down entirely) is faithless electors, so that's what I'm looking out for. Not polling numbers.
It was only a few votes in a few states due to the electoral college. Popular vote means little.

But that being said, I think a trump DeSantis duel will guarantee a Biden victory. If Trump is in jail come the election and DeSantis has the nomination, I think a lot of people will stay home.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Nope, it may actually help him with his base and harden their support so the GOP primary becomes more of a shit show. But I don't worry about Trump as the GOP candidate or a 3rd party MAGA candidate if he loses the GOP primary. We're 19 months out from the election and his problems are only going to get worse from here.

Jan 25, 2011
I will say I find it absolutely amazing how many people are absolutely certain this is all flimsy and baseless while no evidence has been released... Just amazing abilities...

Also Douchebag was raging until 3 Am last night, then back at it at 6:30 this morning... Nah he's not worried.

Reactions: Pohemi

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I will say I find it absolutely amazing how many people are absolutely certain this is all flimsy and baseless while no evidence has been released... Just amazing abilities...

Also Douchebag was raging until 3 Am last night, then back at it at 6:30 this morning... Nah he's not worried.
I find it more amazing that the "LOCK HER UP" crowd chanting that slogan for the past 6 years, is all of a sudden worried about locking a political figure up for political reasons.

jim barclay

Aug 13, 2018
The rule of law means nothing to GOP, even though it's irrelevant, the fact that DeSantis said he won't enforce a extradition is disgusting.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
  • Love
Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Back the Blue people are liars. These same people passed a law Hoosierville (Indiana) that allowed private property owners to shoot and kill any public servants trying to illegally trespass their property. I believe it's in a state of repeal now. The same people attached security and police at the Capitol on Jan 6th. The list goes on. These people support the blue the same way they do the military. You'll never see a rich Republican's kid go into the military that wasn't a cushy position. Your average yope dope Republican and Democrat gave up their lives the last 30 years under the new Republican complex to go fight wars we had no real business involving ourselves with. Same dumb shits who mad eit hard for NYC fire brigade staff to get the healthcare they deserved. They had to get Jon Steward, thanks to the member who reminded me, to go in front of congress and plead for their case to be heard. A civilian had to do that while Republicans ignored them. Patriots my hairy ass. The same Republicans continuously rat fuck military members and their dumb ass constituents who don't benefit from their policies.
There are very few things the right espouse they actually believe.

The only ones I can think of are tax cuts for the rich and packing the courts with conservatives.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Majority of R's are ok with anything that they do but for anyone else throw the book at them. They should just change their name to the hypocrite party and be done with it.
I'm hoping they maintain that attitude all the way through 2024. They need to wrap themselves around Trump so it takes down their White House, Senate and House races.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
There are very few things the right espouse they actually believe.

The only ones I can think of are tax cuts for the rich and packing the courts with conservatives.
Filler's primordial like quote rings true decades later. The right from top to bottom supports those cuts because they too will become millionaires one day.

"Ya hear that cleetus, we's gonna get ourself some roadkill and in 10 years time we be millionaires, amen jesus."

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
While we don't know the charges, word is there's 30 of them. Seems the money to Cohen was broken up into multiple payment so each one is a separate charge.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
The rule of law means nothing to GOP, even though it's irrelevant, the fact that DeSantis said he won't enforce a extradition is disgusting.

I used to think they were politicians.

Then I thought they were stupid.

Then I thought they were religious zealots

Now I think they're just gangsters with massive PR teams.

Or maybe they're all of the above!

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
While we don't know the charges, word is there's 30 of them. Seems the money to Cohen was broken up into multiple payment so each one is a separate charge.
It has to be. Legal analyst described it this way. Okay you steal someone’s bank card. That isn’t the charge of theft. It’s each and every single transaction you illegal make that gets charged.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
75% of republicans are ok supporting trump under indictment.

I mean, the guy was a known criminal in 2016 and nobody seemed to care.
Probably cuz he frequently beat the charges.
He also settled most civil suits with the condition of silence.
So yeah, that he is facing real charges right now and nobody cares isnt particularly surprising to me.

Reactions: ZGR and Pohemi