Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
U.S. immigration law requires refugees to apply for lawful permanent resident status after they have been physically present in the U.S. for at least one year.

Many would have naturalized by now or still be green card holders.

I think the numbers on who still don't have legal status is very low.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If they've never brcome US citizens, have been convicted of crimes, esprcially felonies, and already have deportation orders, what's the problem? Send them the fuck back.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump's problem is that after nearly two years of fvcking things up over and over again, he has only one card left to play and it's the one that his base has solidarity over: the race card.

He played his health care card that promised he would give all Americans much better affordable health care and that was proven to be a joker from out of fantasy land.

Then he played his tax cut card he slipped out of his coat sleeve that promised the middle class was going to get a huge tax cut and that too was proven to be as fake as his health care card.

He played his Mexico-will-pay-for-the-wall card and well, we found out that the Mexicans laughed their collective asses off when Trump threw that down on the table and then to add insult to humiliation, his own Repub run Congress called him on that drop because they knew he was bluffing and now, and NOW, he's threatening to go all in and shut the gov't down AGAIN if he doesn't get the money from us that he said over and over and over again the Mexicans were supposedly going to give him to build his Lasting Legacy Wall that will stop those brown skinned murderers and rapists dead in their tracks.

So he's holding on to that race card flipping it over and over in his tiny hand, at times licking the back of it and slapping it on his forehead for his base to see, trying to work that card as hard as he can every way he can because every other card he's played got smirked at and buried under the pile of discards he's stacked up in front of him.

Nowhere else to go, Donny boy. Rank amateur card cheats like you always get caught sooner or later.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
From the article:

“While the procedures associated with this specific agreement do not apply to Vietnamese citizens who arrived in the United States before July 12, 1995, it does not explicitly preclude the removal of pre-1995 cases.”

And

Katie Waldman, a spokeswoman for DHS said: “We have 5,000 convicted criminal aliens from Vietnam with final orders of removal—these are non-citizens who during previous administrations were arrested, convicted, and ultimately ordered removed by a federal immigration judge. It’s a priority of this administration to remove criminal aliens to their home country.”

It looks like the previous administrations were also a party to the same rules but failed to follow through. I don't see an issue here.

Reactions: Zstream

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If they've never brcome US citizens, have been convicted of crimes, esprcially felonies, and already have deportation orders, what's the problem? Send them the fuck back.

coming from a felon, wouldn't this shit really suck for you if you found yourself a refugee in say, Singapore?

Just saying, bro. Life is not the golden cock chalice that mythology wants us to grow up believing. maybe you want to walk a few miles in some other shoes (ones you didn't sever from a vietcong corpse, anyway), and think about this for a spell.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
From the article:

“While the procedures associated with this specific agreement do not apply to Vietnamese citizens who arrived in the United States before July 12, 1995, it does not explicitly preclude the removal of pre-1995 cases.”

And

Katie Waldman, a spokeswoman for DHS said: “We have 5,000 convicted criminal aliens from Vietnam with final orders of removal—these are non-citizens who during previous administrations were arrested, convicted, and ultimately ordered removed by a federal immigration judge. It’s a priority of this administration to remove criminal aliens to their home country.”

It looks like the previous administrations were also a party to the same rules but failed to follow through. I don't see an issue here.

yoiu just got distracted by your little highchair boy being labeled amultiple felon in federal court.

congrats.

your blood-red text does nothing for adults, by the way. We still know you are a petulant child.

First, let's get rid of this non-citizen fascist, his illegal foreign wife, her anchor baby bastard baby, then maybe we should start thinking bout your refugee criminals, eh? what say you?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
coming from a felon, wouldn't this shit really suck for you if you found yourself a refugee in say, Singapore?

Just saying, bro. Life is not the golden cock chalice that mythology wants us to grow up believing. maybe you want to walk a few miles in some other shoes (ones you didn't sever from a vietcong corpse, anyway), and think about this for a spell.

If I was a refugee, I hope I would try to obey the laws in that host country...

It's not like these people some how found themselves magically transported to a strange land, (although for most of them, the USA must have been both strange and magical compared to Vietnam) and their past felones were being held against them...nope...they came to this land, unwanted by a large percentage of the population...many of whom had served in a war against their home country, and, instead of trying to fit in and following the laws, they committed crimes...that, had they been from almost any other country, would have earned them a quick ticket back to their home country immediately.

Reactions: pcgeek11

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If I remember, most Vietnam refugees had to be "sponsored" by an American citizen in order to stay. Either by a family or group taking responsibility providing housing and financial support, and many churches sponsored refugees back then.

Donald Trump's all white-America policy and philosophy is going to backfire.
People don't realize the low paying dirty jobs that only illegals are willing to do. And they can't complain. Who is that illegal employee going to complain to anyway?
When farmers and construction can no longer find that cheap labor, and no American willing to put up with such low pay and miserable working conditions, then needy employers will cry out.
Those businesses are too cheap to pay a decent wage that an America citizen would require. And that illegal work source will have all but dried up.

Add to that the tax increases for American taxpayers to fund Donald Trump's paranoia, i.e. HIS WALL, and all that Trump BS.
Few illegals climb walls to gain access into America.
Most illegals simply drive in or fly in, then never leave.
And if caught and deported, only a minor inconvenience.
They just arrange transportation back into the US and pick up at where they left off.
In the meanwhile, US taxpayers are stuck with the bill for that idiotic Donald Trump wall. The same wall Trump promised Mexico would pay for.
Remember that Trump supporters?
So..... you were conned by Donald Trump the candidate? Ya thunk?

Face it. Everything Donald Trump does or tries to do always backfires.
It backfires because Donald Trump is an idiot, plain and simple.
America will never be right until one deportation takes place.
The deportation of the entire Trump family.
Donald Trump in exile. The only way to make America really great again....

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
If I was a refugee, I hope I would try to obey the laws in that host country...

It's not like these people some how found themselves magically transported to a strange land, (although for most of them, the USA must have been both strange and magical compared to Vietnam) and their past felones were being held against them...nope...they came to this land, unwanted by a large percentage of the population...many of whom had served in a war against their home country, and, instead of trying to fit in and following the laws, they committed crimes...that, had they been from almost any other country, would have earned them a quick ticket back to their home country immediately.

We fought FOR their country, not against it.

Damn, dude, wtf world do you live in?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
yoiu just got distracted by your little highchair boy being labeled amultiple felon in federal court.

congrats.

your blood-red text does nothing for adults, by the way. We still know you are a petulant child.

First, let's get rid of this non-citizen fascist, his illegal foreign wife, her anchor baby bastard baby, then maybe we should start thinking bout your refugee criminals, eh? what say you?

First I have no " little high chair boy that was labeled a felon in any court". I couldn't care less about some low life lawyer scum.

I don't care what you think of my blood-red text. Nor what you think of Trump.

You missed the entire point of my post. The 5,000 I spoke of were arrested, convicted, and ultimately ordered removed by a federal immigration judge from the previous administrations. For you since you are so slow, that was before Trump.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
While I hate to support anything Trump does, as I understand this...he only wants to deport Vietnamese refugees who have been convicted of crimes in this country. He is not (yet) talking about deporting those who are living here lawfully for decades. Now I need to go shower.

EDIT : I take that back...from the Atlantic piece...

When it first decided to reinterpret the 2008 deal, Donald Trump’s administration argued that only pre-1995 arrivals with criminal convictions were exempt from the agreement’s protection and eligible for deportation. Vietnam initially conceded and accepted some of those immigrants before stiffening its resistance; about a dozen Vietnamese immigrants ended up being deported from the United States. The August decision to change course, reported to a California court in October, appeared to put such moves at least temporarily on ice, but the latest shift leaves the fate of a larger number of Vietnamese immigrants in doubt. Now all pre-1995 arrivals are exempt from the 2008 agreement’s protection.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

congrats.

Why not both? They’re not mutually exclusive.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So are you denying that conservatives elected a person who runs interference as a daily ritual?
Not denying it. I recognize it exactly for what it is. Interference only works if you fall for the bait. Mueller is the only one who seems to know what the fvck he is doing, and it is not lost on me that Mueller fits the profile of the type of person I want to see lead our country.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Not denying it. I recognize it exactly for what it is. Interference only works if you fall for the bait. Mueller is the only one who seems to know what the fvck he is doing, and it is not lost on me that Mueller fits the profile of the type of person I want to see lead our country.

Not sure what the reply was for to begin with. We agree on this point, yet millions upon millions of Americans eat it up.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
First I have no " little high chair boy that was labeled a felon in any court". I couldn't care less about some low life lawyer scum.

I don't care what you think of my blood-red text. Nor what you think of Trump.

You missed the entire point of my post. The 5,000 I spoke of were arrested, convicted, and ultimately ordered removed by a federal immigration judge from the previous administrations. For you since you are so slow, that was before Trump.

LOL, I'm talking about a lawyer. Orangeman Trump is recognized as a felon in court, you ignorant chump. Do you understand that or not?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
This seems like a good policy to float if the GOP never wants to reclaim those Orange County house seats.

Feels like a Stephen Miller special.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We fought FOR their country, not against it.

Damn, dude, wtf world do you live in?

Dude, I was there for 22 months. We fought for SOUTH Vietnam...a country that doesn't exist...and in reality, we fought against communism. It was a terrible waste of lives on both sides, and in the end, the communists won.

LOL, I'm talking about a lawyer. Orangeman Trump is recognized as a felon in court, you ignorant chump. Do you understand that or not?

Unfortunately, Orangeman is at the worst, just an unindicted co-conspirator, not a convicted felon...

Reactions: pcgeek11

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Dude, I was there for 22 months. We fought for SOUTH Vietnam...a country that doesn't exist...and in reality, we fought against communism. It was a terrible waste of lives on both sides, and in the end, the communists won.

Unfortunately, Orangeman is at the worst, just an unindicted co-conspirator, not a convicted felon...

On the note of South Vietnam no longer existing, from a practical standpoint, I don't know how you'd get the current regime to accept potentially vast numbers of their defeated and ideologically oppositional countrymen who've been living in the US for decades back. I mean they're going to say "no".

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
On the note of South Vietnam no longer existing, from a practical standpoint, I don't know how you'd get the current regime to accept potentially vast numbers of their defeated and ideologically oppositional countrymen who've been living in the US for decades back. I mean they're going to say "no".

Air drop. :p