News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 128 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Warning: Satire, not news (easy to confuse the 2 when Trump is involved)
Pressed to explain what he meant by an “extra-special master,” Trump said, “We need somebody in there, somebody who’s more special than this Dearie joker. If Dearie is special, then I don’t know what special is.”

Claiming that Dearie is “rigged against me,” Trump said, “After that guy is fired and goes back to Antifa or wherever he came from, we’ve got to find out what idiot chose him in the first place. This should never be allowed to happen in our country.”

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Warning: Satire, not news (easy to confuse the 2 when Trump is involved)
Pressed to explain what he meant by an “extra-special master,” Trump said, “We need somebody in there, somebody who’s more special than this Dearie joker. If Dearie is special, then I don’t know what special is.”

Claiming that Dearie is “rigged against me,” Trump said, “After that guy is fired and goes back to Antifa or wherever he came from, we’ve got to find out what idiot chose him in the first place. This should never be allowed to happen in our country.”
What's sad is that Borowitz isn't off the mark at all.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Admittedly I did not listen in to the conference, but I read the following as an excerpt, where the DoJ has argued that Trump's lawyers have no reason to see the top secret files:

Trusty (Trump lawyer) to Special Master Dearie: "It's kind of astounding to hear the government say the president's lawyers don't have a need to know."
Judge Dearie: When you say "the President", do you mean President Biden?
Attorney: "No, President Trump."
Judge: Let the record show Mr Trusty was referring to former President Trump, now a private citizen. Please continue.

(Edit: and unlike the confused Cannon, it is clear Dearie recognizes that Trump is the Plaintiff in this case, and therefore has the burden of proof - particularly when seeking extraordinary injunctive relief). Only concern is that Cannon may choose to overrule the special master - although that would completely expose her hypocrisy.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Admittedly I did not listen in to the conference, but I read the following as an excerpt, where the DoJ has argued that Trump's lawyers have no reason to see the top secret files:

Trusty (Trump lawyer) to Special Master Dearie: "It's kind of astounding to hear the government say the president's lawyers don't have a need to know."
Judge: Let the record show Mr Trusty was referring to former President Trump, now a private citizen. Please continue.

(Edit: and unlike the confused Cannon, it is clear Dearie recognizes that Trump is the Plaintiff in this case, and therefore has the burden of proof - particularly when seeking extraordinary injunctive relief). Only concern is that Cannon may choose to overrule the special master - although that would completely expose her hypocrisy.
Haha that entire transcript is full of burns on Trump’s lawyers.

Considering the absolute corruption of her prior rulings it seems disturbingly possible she will throw out the conclusions of the special master (which seem increasingly obvious, at least for the classified docs).

As a political matter if nothing else though I don’t see how that holds. That level of Calvinball is reserved for SCOTUS and the 5th circuit.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

That's a seriously passive-aggressive judicial beatdown. A+

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Know what's missing in these hearings? Out of control rage, childish name calling and sandbox insults.

Calmness and facts, if they are allowed, will decide this case. But it's probably only a first step to actually bringing charges against Trump.

I agree with the Special Master, too.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I hope Judge Dearie will serve as an inspiration to all other right-minded repubs that Trump and his supporters are a disgrace to the party. And that theres no bright future in continuing to support the orange menace any longer.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Know what's missing in these hearings? Out of control rage, childish name calling and sandbox insults.

Calmness and facts, if they are allowed, will decide this case. But it's probably only a first step to actually bringing charges against Trump.

The out of control rage, childish name calling and sandbox insults come from the jackass's mouth after the court proceedings. Don't worry, His Donaldship will come through on schedule and in his usual form.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

There was just one. Trusty went off and basically ranted that NARA was politically motivated. Seriously?

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Thank you for correcting me, Hal2Kilo.

The nastiness has been building for years and really got bad during Bill Clinton's time in the White House.

It's so out of control now, that people will want death matches over choices of dessert.

Attachments

• Insulting others.jpg
    Insulting others.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 48
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The Special Master just told the Trump team to put up or shut up about this so-called declassifying of documents. I think they are going to end up shutting up. CNN also has this:

On Monday, Trump’s lawyers signaled in a letter to Dearie their resistance to making certain disclosures about any moves to declassify the documents in question. The letter also suggested pushing back some of the interim deadlines Dearie had proposed.

I can't believe anyone can look at Trump's various incursions into the justice system and not see how he consistantly uses it in bad faith with an intent to delay. This should have been obvious to the judge who appointed the special master in the first place.

Here's hoping the SM quickly rules that the classified docs must be handed over to DoJ. We can wait longer for analysis of the others.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Nope - he did not have a religious exemption; he had a religious reason but the law (and he admitted it) did not allow for a religious exemption. Worse he apparently drove without a license (he said he left his license at home). There was an exemption if two poll workers could vouch for a person; but the poll workers were unwilling to vouch for his many family members who wanted to vote for whom they had never seen and did not recognize.

Furthermore (and this is a personal view) religious exemptions (or attempts to claim one for various reasons) is abused.

With regards to the Republican official/politician who refused to show their ID, apparently he had religious exemption. Apparently his religion looks down upon having their photograph taken. Unsurprisingly though, his social media had plenty of his pictures on it. So another win for religion!

Reactions: Pohemi

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
The claim is that the president can merely 'state' an item is declassified to someone else and they become declassified; he does not actually have to follow any process or leave a paper trail. Mind you this is a claim they are making I'm not indicating if this claim is factually true.

So what is happening is that one of Trump's subjects - er confident is claiming he (and he alone) heard Trump make the statement (though he has not yet made this claim under oath).

You know how Trump world works... Of course the govt made it clear in court that classification is not required prosecution.

So far I'm pleased that this 'special' master is not taking any bullshit or delays from the Trump camp; and my guess Trump camp misread him completely and 'assumed' he would have (as Trump would have) a 'revenge' attitude towards the DOJ for the previous oops. I guess not all people are like Trump.

if the docs were declassified why are they not providing that information for the declassification? i suspect they don't have any because they weren't in the first place.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
The claim is that the president can merely 'state' an item is declassified to someone else and they become declassified; he does not actually have to follow any process or leave a paper trail. Mind you this is a claim they are making I'm not indicating if this claim is factually true.

So what is happening is that one of Trump's subjects - er confident is claiming he (and he alone) heard Trump make the statement (though he has not yet made this claim under oath).

You know how Trump world works... Of course the govt made it clear in court that classification is not required prosecution.

So far I'm pleased that this 'special' master is not taking any bullshit or delays from the Trump camp; and my guess Trump camp misread him completely and 'assumed' he would have (as Trump would have) a 'revenge' attitude towards the DOJ for the previous oops. I guess not all people are like Trump.

The only thing I could see Dearie being skeptical about would be if the DoJ approached him with a warrant with questionable evidence and this is not that situation so Donny boy fucked up again thinking someone else is as petty as him.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The Special Master just told the Trump team to put up or shut up about this so-called declassifying of documents. I think they are going to end up shutting up. CNN also has this:

I can't believe anyone can look at Trump's various incursions into the justice system and not see how he consistantly uses it in bad faith with an intent to delay. This should have been obvious to the judge who appointed the special master in the first place.

Here's hoping the SM quickly rules that the classified docs must be handed over to DoJ. We can wait longer for analysis of the others.

Uh oh ... Judge Cannon isn't going to like that. she got another judge to do her job, thankfully better than she can. Although, It was a low bar.
"Deep State Dearie" incoming..3..2..1. I can see Cannon already writing her opinion to overthrow this. Federalist society already had a draft in her inbox yesterday most likely. Waiting for Trump to declare Prima Nocta. Or, an "Extra Special Super Duper Master". Or, a Special Mistress. Actually a Special Mistress would be out of his league and price range.

I assume that when the DOJ sent the special master the documents that they seized, they also included the results of their taint teams analysis. I suspect that in the end Dearie may to a large extent just rubber stamp their conclusions. Dearie has until 30 November to finish his review. But nothing compels him to take that long, right? He could close up shop tomorrow and tell the judge Trump has no argument and the DOJ should be allowed to proceed with everything they have?

However, as I understand this going forward, the judge has no obligation to listen to Dearie and she built the right to dismiss him for any reason at any time into his appointment. She could also just ignore whatever he says and make her own decisions on questions of privilege, or possessory interest, or whatever. The special master is just an advisor to the judge. She is not required to take his advice. That’s why I think what the Special Master says or does has little bearing on the case. Hopefully I'm wrong. What the 11th Circuit does, though, that I consider to be a big deal.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm guessing that Team Treason's next move is to go back to Cannon and whine about the SM somehow violating his mandate by being mean or making them follow the law. Then go after another, different SM in his place.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The claim is that the president can merely 'state' an item is declassified to someone else and they become declassified
The problem with this, of course, is that if then President Trump can wave his magic wand and declassify documents, then that same wand passed to now President Biden can be waved to reclassify them. Leaving Trump holding classified documents that he refused to turn over....

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I fail to understand the notion that the documents have been declassified by Trump. The documents belong to the US government whether they are classified or not. Trump stole them and refused to give them back. Any judge who sides with the Trump team has little or no understanding of the law.