Trump Lied About Warren Buffett At The Debate

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trump is a bullshit artist, not a liar. There is a profound & dangerous difference-

https://newrepublic.com/article/124803/donald-trump-not-liar

It's an excellent article worth saving & reading more than once.

That's fine with me. Call him a liar AND a bullshit artist! I've never seen anyone bullshit so much in my lifetime. Far more than your average politician, who all lie at some point.

It's pathological - and he gets away with it way too much. On top of that he has a number of supporters who can care less! Scary shit if he wasn't so close to the presidency.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Trump is a bullshit artist, not a liar. There is a profound & dangerous difference-

https://newrepublic.com/article/124803/donald-trump-not-liar

It's an excellent article worth saving & reading more than once.

I would say that to lie is to know what you're saying is false and saying it anyway. It is possible to make a false statement and not be lying but just being incorrect. In Trump's case he just says whatever random thing he thinks of and has no regard for the truthfulness of the claim. He knows that even though it's quite possible what he says is false that his supporters will believe it as if Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John voted to add Donald as a 5th Gospel.

I would argue that Trump knows he's lying because of the calculated way he does it to scam people. For example, he must've known before entering these agreements with small time contractors that he wasn't to pay them in full. Scam artists use lying as a tool just as any other trade to get a desirable result.

In contrast, it's usually the somewhat gullible audience he goes after that who doesn't distinguish untruths very well, and the totally of their brut strength is the really "dangerous" part.