Trump, Ford, "good bloodlines", aka. Trump is racist: evidence #6003478

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

I'm wondering if at some point I'll witness a moment with a Trump supporter like this:

Randal Graves : my grandmother had nothing but the utmost respect for the Jewish community. When I was a kid she told me to always treat the Jewish kids with the utmost respect, or they'd put the sheni curse on me.
Dante Hicks : What the fuck, man?
Randal Graves : What?
Dante Hicks : Sheni's a racial slur, too!
Randal Graves : Oh, it is not.
Dante Hicks : Yes, it is!
Randal Graves : She never called any Jews 'sheni', she just used to say sheni curse a lot. It was cute!
Dante Hicks : It wasn't cute! It was racist!
Randal Graves : I disagree, man, she was just an old timer, that's the way people talked back then! Didn't mean they were racist... Although my grandmother did refer to a broken beer bottle once as a great person knife... You know, come to think of it, my grandmother was kind of a racist.
Dante Hicks : You think?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OK, I hate Donald more than just about anyone here, but right now at this particular time you are seriously reaching.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
OK, I hate Donald more than just about anyone here, but right now at this particular time you are seriously reaching.

If it was said by someone who doesn't have a lonnnng track record of saying shitty things about other nations/races and doesn't sympathise with nazis and doesn't also own a copy of Mein Kampf, then I'd regard it as a very odd thing to say but not conclusive of racist intent. If that person then kept saying things like that, I'd be somewhat suspicious of their intent. Wouldn't you?

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Daniel Dale is the foremost fact checker of the orange menace.
He does happen to fact check others, but the menace keeps him the busiest, by far.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Trump has a history of talking about 'bloodlines' and 'German blood'. It's not hard to see how someone whose wealth was inherited, who is the scion of a wealthy family, might be attached to such ideas. Especially given his narcissism. It's as much about the idea of a natural aristocracy and a biologically-determined ruling class as it is about race. I think it's _his_ blood he thinks is special, not just white people's in general.

Ford's own anti-Semitism seems relevant also.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Trump has a history of talking about 'bloodlines' and 'German blood'. It's not hard to see how someone whose wealth was inherited, who is the scion of a wealthy family, might be attached to such ideas. Especially given his narcissism. It's as much about the idea of a natural aristocracy and a biologically-determined ruling class as it is about race. I think it's _his_ blood he thinks is special, not just white people's in general.

Ford's own anti-Semitism seems relevant also.
I think this is really it. He views hereditary wealth as a sign that somehow the wealthy are genetically superior. Its the modern take on the divine right bull shit of monarchies.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I mean from someone else, yea reaching, for Trump though it fits the pattern to a perfect 5 out of 7.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I see his sidekick Stephen Millers hands in this. It's a dog whistle to his base. Many of them vote for him because he says stuff like that. The less or non racist part of his base just ignore it or don't get it.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
This is not a problem for conservatives.

Yet, golden curtains in the White House? Yup, them thar curtains is Muslim curtains!!!

Conservative racism is outright blatant and exposed like a festering sore on the face of the GOP.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I see his sidekick Stephen Millers hands in this. It's a dog whistle to his base. Many of them vote for him because he says stuff like that. The less or non racist part of his base just ignore it or don't get it.

Yeah if anything, I'd believe that came from Miller. Otherwise, I doubt Trump has any awareness of Henry Ford's Hitler worship (dude was buried with the Eagle or cross or whatever it was that Hitler personallya awarded him).

No doubt that Trump is completely unaware of such a thing, so either Miller wrote that in as a dog whistle, or Trump is just saying some dumb ignorant shit, maybe like what was posted earlier about his belief in lazy, inherited wealth as some sort of divine, biological superiority.

either way, it's stlil another scene in the undended public display of plain truth: Donald Trump is the worst possible example of humanity, in every imaginable angle.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Miller: Considering Trump has a copy of Mein Kampf and loves to say all the other shit he's said, is it unreasonable to believe that he might have looked for other role models to aspire to (ie. Henry Ford), and therefore might know about Ford's little Nazi streak?

On the other hand, I'm thinking Trump doesn't have the literary skill* to come up with this himself.

* - not saying it was skilful or subtle, just more than Trump can manage.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Yeah if anything, I'd believe that came from Miller. Otherwise, I doubt Trump has any awareness of Henry Ford's Hitler worship (dude was buried with the Eagle or cross or whatever it was that Hitler personallya awarded him).

No doubt that Trump is completely unaware of such a thing, so either Miller wrote that in as a dog whistle, or Trump is just saying some dumb ignorant shit, maybe like what was posted earlier about his belief in lazy, inherited wealth as some sort of divine, biological superiority.

either way, it's stlil another scene in the undended public display of plain truth: Donald Trump is the worst possible example of humanity, in every imaginable angle.

Trump and his followers are the embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect. They think they're being clever and they're sending message to each other while fooling everyone else. They're don't realize how transparent their schemes are and how easily the rest of us see through them.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

"Biden: ‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’ "
Racist much? The color of your skin determines whom you vote for according the Biden.

Well at least black Trump supporters can benefit from white privilege now.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If it was said by someone who doesn't have a lonnnng track record of saying shitty things about other nations/races and doesn't sympathise with nazis and doesn't also own a copy of Mein Kampf, then I'd regard it as a very odd thing to say but not conclusive of racist intent. If that person then kept saying things like that, I'd be somewhat suspicious of their intent. Wouldn't you?
I am always suspicious of the Donald. That is not relevant here.
OP said it was evidence # 8675309 and there is no evidence here at all. Not even a smidge.
He is assuming Donald is racist based on past news and thats probably an OK assumption but its not evidence. Its just an assumption.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t think so in this case. Trump is pretty consistent in equating wealth and especially inherited wealth with some kind of good breeding.
What's Trump's youngest son's name?

It's a hereditary rank of nobility.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

"Biden: ‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’ "
Racist much? The color of your skin determines whom you vote for according the Biden.

-Guess I'm at a place where I'll be voting for a racist, *shrug* but its not like the GOP gave me a better choice...

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I am always suspicious of the Donald. That is not relevant here.
OP said it was evidence # 8675309 and there is no evidence here at all. Not even a smidge.
He is assuming Donald is racist based on past news and thats probably an OK assumption but its not evidence. Its just an assumption.

I'm wondering, did you click on the link in the OP? You're aware of the Nazi ideology regarding blood, genetics etc? That they didn't like Jews much? That Ford wrote a book about Jews being that kind of a problem? That he got a medal from the Nazis and Hitler considered him an 'inspiration'?

"Not even a smidge of evidence"? Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Typical that you take a good bit of ammunition and misfire it.

That quote isn't "racist" due to saying skin colour determines who you vote for. What it is is racist because it's patronising and condessecnding towards black people, presumptiously assuming Biden is in a position to tell them how to be black. I'd include that use of "ain't", - which comes across like a kind of verbal blackface. Unless Biden is a 1950s Cockney, I do not believe that word is part of his usual vocabulary. Him using the word makes me cringe.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Looks like what Biden has here is a classic case of this:

I'm not going to argue that "patronizing liberals" aren't a thing, cause they definitely are, but if forced to choose I'd take racism from a place of ignorance over racism from a place of hatred any day.

I can fix one, can't do much about the other.
Don't fool yourself into thinking that Biden is nothing more than a "ignorant racist". He has said so many things to belittle minorities that it can't be an accident. He is either too stupid on his word choices or he doesn't care what he says. The Democrats are anything but the party of the rich and like nothing more than taking advantage of anyone that they can. Liberals seem to get free passes on being overt racists because they call others racists.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous